where in the world is garret wilson

His usage was down while Moore and Davis' usage was up. I think this was more a case of Zach just going to the guys he has more familiarity with. There was a clip in one of the highlight montages of Zach and Garrett going over a play, where GW seemed to be suggesting that he was open and for Zach to look for him. I think they just need more time to get on the same page.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

His usage was down while Moore and Davis' usage was up. I think this was more a case of Zach just going to the guys he has more familiarity with. There was a clip in one of the highlight montages of Zach and Garrett going over a play, where GW seemed to be suggesting that he was open and for Zach to look for him. I think they just need more time to get on the same page.

If he catches the two he dropped or had the play on the last drive not called back, he's probably at 60-70 yards again...

I think his ribs probably had him hearing footsteps and distracted from catching properly. 

That said - he is a joy to watch and seems to get open so effortlessly. 

My one gripe - am I the only one who thinks he needs to stop making the second cut back and just go forward with his full pace after the catch? I feel like him and Elijah are both trying to embarrass CBs breaking ankles instead of flexing their 4.3 speed and just running by people? When he caught that ball in the fourth from Zach and broke the first man I thought he was gone and then he jukes the second guy instead of taking off...

Moore had one where he lost yards running horizontally up field instead of grabbing another couple of yards and striking out of bounds even! 

Hope our WR coaches have a word. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ryu79 said:

If he catches the two he dropped or had the play on the last drive not called back, he's probably at 60-70 yards again...

I think his ribs probably had him hearing footsteps and distracted from catching properly. 

That said - he is a joy to watch and seems to get open so effortlessly. 

My one gripe - am I the only one who thinks he needs to stop making the second cut back and just go forward with his full pace after the catch? I feel like him and Elijah are both trying to embarrass CBs breaking ankles instead of flexing their 4.3 speed and just running by people? When he caught that ball in the fourth from Zach and broke the first man I thought he was gone and then he jukes the second guy instead of taking off...

Moore had one where he lost yards running horizontally up field instead of grabbing another couple of yards and striking out of bounds even! 

Hope our WR coaches have a word. 

Missed a stretch of the game and wasn’t aware of those drops, that’s good to know.

could it be the steelers had something to say about it?  was wilson being doubled or the safeties shading towards his side?  the qb is supposed to throw it to the open receiver.  zwilson's issue is in passing up the shorter throws for the deeper ones.  that's okay if the receivers can get separation.  gwilson will get his once he and zach have developed so chemistry.

• Upvote 1