Thank you JD

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You are too emotional for this... Not sure why... He has had a slew of players change on him nearly every week for practice... All offseason Becton... Then McDermott, then Brown practiced all the way leading to Ravens... Then Fant then McDermott leading to Bengals... Then AVT in the next game... Yes that is a lot of change 

I'm not emotional, you're just making the most asinine excuses for him. Fant started against the Bengals. McDermott  didn't  even come into a game until Mitchell was hurt. I doubt Laken even knows who McDermott  is. 

9 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Didn't realize those picks lead the team down on a 67 and 81 yard TD drives to win the game in one of the hardest stadiums in the nfl... But sure... 

Do you have a reading comprehension issue.  What did I just say about Zach? And if you thinln3 extra possessions  in the second half didn't  give the Jets an edge, you need to stop watching football and maybe watch golf. It's  a bit easier to follow

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm not emotional, you're just making the most asinine excuses for him. Fant started against the Bengals. McDermott  didn't  even come into a game until Mitchell was hurt. I doubt Laken even knows who McDermott  is. 

Who did he practice with all week... Did you even read... Nevermind you are too far gone to understand... 

Consistently changing the LT probably hasn't helped his transition is all I was saying... Go ahead and argue that Fant played LT all year... Sure in games... Not in practice because he has been hurt... And they have been tweaking that position all year... 

But whatever... Stick to your guns pointless argument 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you have a reading comprehension issue.  What did I just say about Zach? 

Wow seriously so emotional... 

No, I didn't have a problem reading your post but you weren't as clear as you thought you were... I thought you were counting this game as a 4th quarter meltdown too... But then you clarified so I responded that the rookie qb throwing picks didn't drive the jets down and score 2 TDs in the 4th quarter... Down 10

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Who did he practice with all week... Did you even read... Nevermind you are too far gone to understand... 

Consistently changing the LT probably hasn't helped his transition is all I was saying... Go ahead and argue that Fant played LT all year... Sure in games... Not in practice because he has been hurt... And they have been tweaking that position all year... 

But whatever... Stick to your guns pointless argument 

You really suck at this. Right, Fant never practiced.  They just played him on Sundays. I'm just going to stop now. Consider it a mercy killing. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

You really suck at this.  I'm just going to stop now. Consider it a mercy killing. 

I beg to differ... I think you just get too hot headed to use your comprehension skills to think and read outside of the box you are in... I think practice matters... You clearly don't... Leave it at that... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Hate to ruin a good coronation party, but has anyone noticed how bad Laken Tomlinson has been?  Handing out $27 million gteed for a player barely grading over 40 on PFF is not going to get JD into Canton

We better hope this dude finds his groove.  He's making Connor McDermott look like an all-Pro...

I don't think that amount is fully guaranteed. If he ends the season on IR, then yes his 2nd contract year becomes guaranteed. But if he's healthy, I think 2022 is his only guaranteed season & he's cuttable for the 2023 season.

https://overthecap.com/player/laken-tomlinson/3876

The dead cap is just because his 2022 pay was spread out; try to get past it in your head since it's a sunk cost whether he's here or not (since it's $ that was already paid to the player). The only thing that really stings with dead cap is if they cut a guy who still has millions in additional $ coming to him (e.g. Revis, Bell, Faneca) that'll also have to come off the cap after paying it. 

The $13MM in new money for each of the upcoming 2 seasons after that aren't guaranteed if he's healthy when the season ends. He's a Jets OLman now, so that makes it very iffy, but anyway that's how it seems to lay out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: Spending a bunch of picks on a guard is good

Also Jets fans: Hmmm we have two great running backs; why can’t we run the ball?

Also also Jets fans: The line is a shambles and Zach has no chance. 

Hmmm...It's almost as if there's more than one guy on the O-line.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He has a worse wins and losses record than idzik and been here almost twice as long. By the time next season starts he will have been here as long as Macc and unless the jets go on some historic runs will have a worse record.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622765-how-john-idzik-transformed-the-new-york-jets-in-just-one-draft

https://www.espn.co.uk/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11774845/john-idzik-new-york-jets-general-manager-says-team-performance-unsatisfactory

Idzik started with a lot more than JD had. If you flush every GM who doesn't start winning straight away ... you'll flush a lot of GMs and not win many games.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Wow seriously so emotional... 

No, I didn't have a problem reading your post but you weren't as clear as you thought you were... I thought you were counting this game as a 4th quarter meltdown too... But then you clarified so I responded that the rookie qb throwing picks didn't drive the jets down and score 2 TDs in the 4th quarter... Down 10

Ok drama queen. 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I beg to differ... I think you just get too hot headed to use your comprehension skills to think and read outside of the box you are in... I think practice matters... You clearly don't... Leave it at that... 

Right, Fant never practiced, they just start him every Sundy all 3 games with no practice. Are you really this stupid? Seriously,  do you really believe the Jets had a different player taking all the first team reps and Fant was doing stuff in the trainers room the whole time. This is about the most idiotic thing anyone has ever written here. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You really suck at this. Right, Fant never practiced.  They just played him on Sundays. I'm just going to stop now. Consider it a mercy killing. 

You should stop.  You truly aren’t grasping what he’s saying.            

1st team LT (practice or game) 
Fant 
Brown      
Back to Fant  
McDermott
AVT (game only)

According to Saleh AVT wasn’t at LT during practices. AVT worked at it after practice. 

1st team LG (practice or game) 
Tomlinson

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Fant 
Brown      
Back to Fant  
McDermott
AVT (game only)

According to Saleh AVT wasn’t at LT during practices. AVT worked at it after practice. 

Tomlinson

I give you credit, you didn't  include Becton as he did earlier. He played with Fant every week until he went down mid game in Cincy.  Where is this continuous change? One week he practiced with a different player next to him after 3 weeks with no change. 

• Thumb Down 1

joe douglas picked avt but the coaches put him in the right position.  avt is turning out to be much better than expected.  as for the rest of the oline, the coaches got their work cut out for them.  they did okay considering the pressure the steelers can bring but they'll be seeing this every game until they can get a good run game going.  hall and carter are dangerous runners once they get past the line of scrimmage.

• Upvote 1

I’m still wondering how in the hell Douglas got Seattle to cough up two first rounders for Adams.  That alone is impressive.  Then hitting bigtime  on both picks is great.  Finally being aggressive and moving up to snag AVT was the biggest thing 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He has a worse wins and losses record than idzik and been here almost twice as long. By the time next season starts he will have been here as long as Macc and unless the jets go on some historic runs will have a worse record.

you have to see that there is more talent here now than in a very long time. thats on the GM. the record is important but its up the the HC to get them to play.

so if we win 8 games that doubles last years 4 wins. is that a good season? i think so. i think were heading in the right direction. but JD would still have the same winning % so i guess you think he should be fired after the year. 

• Upvote 1

LOL - good GMs have winning records. Yep, they use their magic wand on day 1 and should win consistently from then on. Truth is his first draft was terrible. Being his first draft with the pandemic and no combines - I will give him a mulligan for that.

His last two drafts have been good with the last draft being his best - pretty good trend. His trades have been exceptional. His FA have been mixed, but we have also been bit with the injury bug.

The best way to judge a team is their level of talent. This team was bereft of any young talent. We were constantly having to pick up players on the waiver wire. There was no depth anywhere and we had very few playmakers. Now we have enough depth that we had a ton of players we released taken.

Yes the team still has its holes and the OL is a mess mostly due to injuries, Yes he has had his misses. But he has done a tremendous job these past two years. If his choice for HC works out, the wins will start coming. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

For spending the extra draft capital to get a 'guard' in the first round... 

Hopefully this at least shuts up this foolish argument about draft capital... 

AVT needed to perform consistently at an all pro type level for that trade to come close to being worth it. To the credit of both the player and the GM, he has. 

The next time he wants to trade two third round picks to move up into the top half of the first round to grab an interior lineman, I will complain about it again. But I’m an unabashed JD fan, and perfectly pleased when his moves that I don’t initially like turn out well.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Absurd post .

There has never been a jets GM in all my history of watching that has gotten so much praise for so little results, and been given this long of a leash, and given excuse after excuse after excuse for why the teams are bad, while having zero winning seasons.

The love affair of Douglas has been one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen from this fan base. And this is the first season where even some of the fan base has begun questioning him.

Put together 1 winning season, then he can be given some pats on the back.

Until then, currently he has one of the worst records in jets GM history in wins and losses. 

Come on!  Did you see the coach, QB and roster he inherited?

He has been getting credit for building a solid long term foundation, giving up a few extra wins early by trading guys like Leo Williams & Jamal Adams.   Killing it on multiple trades & getting us out of cap hell.  Building thru the drafts and getting young, talented players we haven’t seen around these parts in over a decade.  

I agree the wins need to start coming this year.  My expectation has and continues to be 8.  There is no excuse not to challenge for the division next year.  This has always been a 4 year rebuild and next year will be his 4th anniversary. 

Im telling you, I built a business the same way and sold it to private equity so I can spend my days on jetnation.com.  Building the foundation is the key.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I’m still wondering how in the hell Douglas got Seattle to cough up two first rounders for Adams.  That alone is impressive.  Then hitting bigtime  on both picks is great.  Finally being aggressive and moving up to snag AVT was the biggest thing 

Let me first say Adams was a horrible person and teammate, and has been a horrible S on Seattle for the most part. That said, while he was on the Jets,  he made 2 pro bowls and was a first team All Pro. The guy played well here. He was the only player that consistently  got sacks. This is why Seattle wanted him. Thankfully we parted ways before he really began to suck. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

you have to see that there is more talent here now than in a very long time. thats on the GM. the record is important but its up the the HC to get them to play.

so if we win 8 games that doubles last years 4 wins. is that a good season? i think so. i think were heading in the right direction. but JD would still have the same winning % so i guess you think he should be fired after the year. 

I believe we had a similar convo last year, I told you I would be satisfied with 6+ wins last season. They didnt do it.

I would be satisfied with 8+ wins this year.  If you cant get to 8 wins after this long that is unacceptable to me.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Absurd post .

There has never been a jets GM in all my history of watching that has gotten so much praise for so little results, and been given this long of a leash, and given excuse after excuse after excuse for why the teams are bad, while having zero winning seasons.

The love affair of Douglas has been one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen from this fan base. And this is the first season where even some of the fan base has begun questioning him.

Until then, currently he has one of the worst records in jets GM history in wins and losses. 

I wish I can give this post more reactions! Smh, the gm doesn’t coach to team he gathers what he thinks are best fit and good players , to me, imo Douglas has been doing just that and doing pretty damm good at it minus his first draft with us 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me first say Adams was a horrible person and teammate, and has been a horrible S on Seattle for the most part. That said, while he was on the Jets,  he made 2 pro bowls and was a first team All Pro. The guy played well here. He was the only player that consistently  got sacks. This is why Seattle wanted him. Thankfully we parted ways before he really began to suck. 

Off topic kind of: I seen something on YouTube the other day that another player on the opposing team facing Seattle seem Jamal walking and yelled to him: we are coming for you boy, we seen your tape we are coming right at you, better ask for help!! I can’t remember what player said it but it was great 

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Off topic kind of: I seen something on YouTube the other day that another player on the opposing team facing Seattle seem Jamal walking and yelled to him: we are coming for you boy, we seen your tape we are coming right at you, better ask for help!! I can’t remember what player said it but it was great 

I never really felt Adams was a liability  in coverage on the Jets. Nobody is going to confuse him with Ed Reed but he wasn't  constantly  blowing coverage, probably because he played around the LOS so much, but boy, did that change in Seattle.  

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Never said he was a bum.  He was a real good player but wasn’t an impact player.  I can remember many big plays he made in the 4th quarter or a big spot 

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I never really felt Adams was a liability  in coverage on the Jets. Nobody is going to confuse him with Ed Reed but he wasn't  constantly  blowing coverage, probably because he played around the LOS so much, but boy, did that change in Seattle.  

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Never said he was a bum.  He was a real good player but wasn’t an impact player.  I can remember many big plays he made in the 4th quarter or a big spot 

Jamal, for all his BS faults was a very good player.  Great? No. My problem is JETSY...  we draft a safety while playing McGown.  We needed a QB and drafted a safety.  That's not on Jamal.  He and Marcus Maye were both good picks in general.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

He didn’t ask and got a 6 year contract by accident. He knew that this rebuild would take a LONG time.

so far, year 3 is looking good.

patience everyone 

Standard contracts for GM's are 5 years. He got 6 because he was signed to an unusual spot after the draft was over. 

Also this is year 4 of that contract. Not 3.

41 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Standard contracts for GM's are 5 years. He got 6 because he was signed to an unusual spot after the draft was over. 

Also this is year 4 of that contract. Not 3.

He asked for 6, got 6. Woody, could have easily said nope. The JohnsonsI bought was he was selling. One of the major changes not discussed much is that Saleh reports to him, not Woody. Something I believe never done under the Johnson ownership.

I think he’s doing a fine job  but as we all know, it’ll all come down to Zach.

Patience 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Absurd post .

Douglas has completely transformed the roster from bottom tier talent to above average talent at nearly every position.

It's not bizarre, it's taking an objective look at what has actually happened and not looking for any excuse to hate on the team, the organization, or its brass.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Fant 
Brown      
Back to Fant  
McDermott
AVT (game only)

Tomlinson

Thanks for the effort but he his too far down some rabbit hole... He fails to see that Fant barely practiced during the week... Did he... Yes some... But laken hasn't had a chance to settle with a tackle mate... Is that the reason he is struggling.... I have no idea but I don't think it's easy to have them keep switching... 

Guard position and center need to have consistency because the amount of trade offs you have during a game... Tackle although much harder to play is easier in some ways because you basically always take the outside rusher and rarely pull across the whole line for a run.... Guards and center on the other hand have to figure out the inside pressure and make sure they are not overloaded... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1