Zach Wilson Better Than You Thunk!!

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Considering my expectations were basically zero, putting together 2 drives when they counted most to win the game, he was definitely better than I thunk.

But is it good enough? If he doesn't continue to improve, it won't be. Hoping he needed a few quarters to get it together was mostly rust related.

I'm hoping for much more Q4 Zach in the coming weeks ... and a lot less Q1-3 Zach. But I'm expecting a mixture of the two. Things are never as clear cut, there'll be good and bad, the optimism is that there'll be more good than bad.

We're entering a tough stretch of our schedule, so this will be a bit of a "baptism by fire" until the bye week. But the games this year are very watchable and entertaining - not something that has been the case for a while. Those two divisional home games before the bye may be the best barometer for how Zach is playing and how we are doing overall - any rust should be long gone, things that need time to gel should have done so. Let's see how we really stack up against our divisional rivals.

• Upvote 4

Rust was certainly a factor.  You can’t miss most of preseason and the first 3 games and have no rust.  His mobility really helped the oline there us no denying that and he threw the ball away which makes his completion percentage take a dip but I’m just happy he was starting to throw the ball away more when nothing was there.  Obviously there were still big drops from the receivers.  Like I said Sunday the only play that bothered me was the first interception which he forced.  It was a bad play call but regardless ZW needs to just keep taking what the defense goes fed him and not force anything like that play 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Honestly, this is a big reason why I expected Zach’s debut to be on the road. That same game played in the Air Conditioner? There would’ve been a Mike White-out of chants by the third quarter. Much better to let him knock off some of the rust in an away game. 

I’m enjoying the relative reprieve this week. Be nice if Zach can keep the boo birds at bay this Sunday. 

Exactly, it was a rare, good decision by the Jets. 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Rust was certainly a factor.  You can’t miss most of preseason and the first 3 games and have no rust.  His mobility really helped the oline there us no denying that and he threw the ball away which makes his completion percentage take a dip but I’m just happy he was starting to throw the ball away more when nothing was there.  Obviously there were still big drops from the receivers.  Like I said Sunday the only play that bothered me was the first interception which he forced.  It was a bad play call but regardless ZW needs to just keep taking what the defense goes fed him and not force anything like that play 

I'd still like to see him throw it away a little sooner on a lot of occasions ... he took quite a few unnecessary shots stringing out plays that were going nowhere. He needs to take better care of himself to avoid injuries ... he's no good to us on the side line.

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I know I know that you heard it all before from the Zach lovers out here, which I will become if Zach continues to improve…

But one thing is certainly…….TRUE!!

THE FILM DON’T LIE!! :) 

Can I also add that WE NEVER EVER WIN THIS GAME!!! We never win a game at Pittsburgh, a game that ALL the "experts" pick against us, a game where our OLINE is in shambles, a game where there is a late hit at the end of the half and the other team kicks a 59 yard fg, a game where the back up rookie QB makes their debut, a game where we are leading and then in a blink down 10 point in the 4th quarter, a game where we convert a 4th and 7 and a 3d and 6 in crunch time, where we overcome penalties on key drives, a fumble going into the endzone. We would have never won this game this game in the past. But WE DID WIN IT on Sunday with ZACH WILSON at Qb

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Great QB play in the comeback by Wilson this week and he deserves a ton of credit. That said, I think it's more than that. I think this team is learning how to win games. They put together a 4th quarter comeback @Cleveland with Flacco at QB a couple of weeks ago.

These guys have a lot of confidence and that can go a long way.

I think the Flacco comeback got the team believing, but it was really important to get one with Zach leading the way, since he'll (hopefully) be the guy running the show going forward.  Many people here said that Zach wouldn't have been able to pull off the comeback against the Browns, and the thought crossed my mind too, but it's really big that he proved us wrong - and more importantly, proved it to the rest of the guys in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I know I know that you heard it all before from the Zach lovers out here, which I will become if Zach continues to improve…

But one thing is certainly…….TRUE!!

THE FILM DON’T LIE!! :) 

All it takes is for Wilson to have a bad game for the hate to come back. I don't get it.. Honest, I don't get it. I pray that he plays as well as I know that he can play and that he becomes a superstar. Plus, it is fun to read about he and his mom's friends.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, pointman said:

Too late, fair weather fan! No space on this motherfluffing mom/football slaying train! You late!

Sorry, I am on ALREADY on the train........

Indeed... I  have already fallen for the more vintage fair that honest and sincere Zach support brings with him!

image.png

And so yes I too have a Ticket to Ride my friend!!! 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sorry, I am on ALREADY on the train........

Indeed... I  have already fallen for the more vintage fair that honest and sincere Zach support brings with him!

image.png

And so yes I too have a Ticket to Ride my friend!!! 

NO TICKET

Harrison Ford Knockout GIF by Indiana Jones

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, slats said:

Honestly, this is a big reason why I expected Zach’s debut to be on the road. That same game played in the Air Conditioner? There would’ve been a Mike White-out of chants by the third quarter. Much better to let him knock off some of the rust in an away game. 

I’m enjoying the relative reprieve this week. Be nice if Zach can keep the boo birds at bay this Sunday. 

nah   Mike White chants are reserved for Joe Flacco appearances.  The crowd definitely wants Wilson.