Negativity

English Jet

3 minutes ago, English Jet said:

Reading this forum,it seems some want them to fail!! I don't understand!! Enlighten me please!

I’m really not the best person to answer this query. I’m sure some of our resident experts will be happy to chime in, though. Enjoy! 

• Haha 3

That's what I take, there are people on here that when we lose, they are so happy to be negative!! I really don't understand it, we are a "new" team, a very young team, I just don't understand it. I was close to leaving this forum due to negative culture, when we win thankfully its more positive although the negative group still try to spin it!! It pisses me off!! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

You are aware the we here in the US consider soccer a girls sport, right?  :)

In one aspect, soccer players--especially in South America--take "faking it" to new levels of extreme.  Some of my dates could have taken a lesson from these floppers.  At times, the way the players are writhing on the field in agony, it looks like they we hit by a whaling cannon.  Only to get up and sprint away a second later.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

There’s always a push/pull between the positive folks and the negative folks because 99% of this board overreacts to every little thing, only the people on the opposite recognize the overreaction for what it is, and the people in position to overreact don’t understand why the people on the other side can’t see what they’re seeing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, English Jet said:

So I've been Watching every Jets game for the last two seasons. I read this forum daily, Previously I was a Jets "supporter" for 30 years, now I class myself as a  fan!
What I've noticed is, so many people want to look at the negative, JD, IMO has done his job (excluding 2020) very well, we have such a gifted roster! Zach hasn't played a competitive game for months and months first game back and so many people want him to fail. I just don't understand it!! I'm English and a Millwall fan in football(soccer, whatever lol ). If we had a young team we would be backing them!! Reading this forum,it seems some want them to fail!! I don't understand!! Enlighten me please! why would you be negative about 1), a young QB who's been injured and 2) JD who has provided us a great roster!!! Its not his fault we are down to our 5th tackle, NO ONE could predict that. Personally, I think many of you have been scared from previous regimes!! Those are in the past, look to the future!!

No negativity here (except that Ashtyn Davis is still employed with the team)! Zach has the goods. He just needs to get coached up. He might be The One! Joey Douglas has done his job. I am excited at what we have going on! 

Also, have you seen Welcome to Wrexham? So good. 

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

This is a great post, yet I want to make a joke about you being an athletic Supporter. Is that wrong?

He changed from supporter to fan when he realized how big Zach’s balls are and that is just to big of a load to carry. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'll enlighten you.

As an entity be it a sports team or a business or what have you there are debits and credits.  Do something good you get a credit do something bad you get a debit.

Joe Namath won the teams only super bow he filled up the credit side to the top and he is almost always thought of well.

Bill Bellichick earned a life time of credit for his successes, people will always give him the benefit of the doubt whether he deserves it or not.

The Jets spent all their credit from the fans years ago, they are as deep into overdraft as you can get thus you get zero benefit of the doubt and faint praise if you win a game or two. 

Look at Rex Ryan, we still have people pining over him to this day, he banked some credit.

The Jets have to have success to earn credit and trust. 

The fan base have been more than patient with a slew of new regimes and players over the years.  Patience has run out whether the new regime realizes it or not.

Jet fans are not unreasonable.  We still show up here, watch games, go to games, follow the teams every move, follow the draft we just complain more.  Justifiably so.

Know when you need to worry?  When people stop complaining, then you know you have lost them.

Well said.

Just end the thread after this one. That's a wrap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, English Jet said:

So I've been Watching every Jets game for the last two seasons. I read this forum daily, Previously I was a Jets "supporter" for 30 years, now I class myself as a  fan!
What I've noticed is, so many people want to look at the negative, JD, IMO has done his job (excluding 2020) very well, we have such a gifted roster! Zach hasn't played a competitive game for months and months first game back and so many people want him to fail. I just don't understand it!! I'm English and a Millwall fan in football(soccer, whatever lol ). If we had a young team we would be backing them!! Reading this forum,it seems some want them to fail!! I don't understand!! Enlighten me please! why would you be negative about 1), a young QB who's been injured and 2) JD who has provided us a great roster!!! Its not his fault we are down to our 5th tackle, NO ONE could predict that. Personally, I think many of you have been scared from previous regimes!! Those are in the past, look to the future!!

Welcome.  The more Jets fans from the UK, the better.

Oh, and nobody hates the Jets more than Jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Nobody has a worse record in the NFL than the Jets since 2017.

We have not made the playoffs since 2010.

Joe Douglas has a worse record than idzik and Macc.

Win games, then get credit. Put together 1 winning season. 

It's not a hard concept to wrap your head around, you get respect and credit for winning.

Not off season grades on an ESPN article. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, English Jet said:

You are aware that we in the UK consider NFl to be a girls sport compared to Rugby??? ;-)

Today's NFL?  Totally can't argue with you on that.  70s NFL?  Its a lot closer.

Sadly, it's only going to get worse.

Glad to have you on board mate. 

Jets fans have decades worth of PTSD and we all share it collectively. How we cope with it differs from person to person. 

We are all cucks at heart. No matter how bad she treats us we are always eager to give her another chance. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Nobody has a worse record in the NFL than the Jets since 2017.

We have not made the playoffs since 2010.

Joe Douglas has a worse record than idzik and Macc.

Win games, then get credit. Put together 1 winning season. 

It's not a hard concept to wrap your head around, you get respect and credit for winning.

Not off season grades on an ESPN article. 

JD has got rid of everyone and started afresh!! Of course he will have a worse record! That's what I dont understand, We are changing everything, but some of you on here want results yesterday!! It dont work like that, such a young group of players, let them gel, learn and grow together!! If we lose then it's a learning curve! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, English Jet said:

Narcissistic negative attention...

At least it starts that way...

Whenever anything positive happens and they point to random silo'd "facts" to protect thier ego.