Wilson’s best pass of the game right before the half…

Just now, rangerous said:

you win some and lose some.  remember the steelers receiver also had a smidge of his toe out of bounds on a potential td and minkah stepped out of bounds negating a pick six.  it tough to see if davis' toe was out.  it was a really good throw by wilson though.

You’re also missing it, his foot hits the yard marker and kicks up chalk before stepping out. The Steelers plays you described where clearly stepping out of bounds. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

get over it, he was out.

I thought the same thing but he wasn't.   You can see one foot clearly down in bounds while the other foot kicks up chalk off of the hash mark.  I thought it was worth a second look during the broadcast and clearly it was.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m no football expert, but on this diagram I subtly marked where Zach Wilson should have thrown the ball if he wanted it to be complete instead of out of bounds:

6D0F756E-2436-4C2B-BCD6-718467A785EC.jpeg

Bahaha, I laughed.  But without watching it again, wasnt he running for his life when he chucked it up?

Edit: Watching the play again.  It was a catch, and a great throw by Zach facing pressure almost immediately.  Lucky AVT tripped his man as he went flying by him right after the snap, lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I thought the same thing but he wasn't.   You can see one foot clearly down in bounds while the other foot kicks up chalk off of the hash mark.  I thought it was worth a second look during the broadcast and clearly it was.

do you remember when it was? which quarter and what time? i have the game recorded.

10 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

06729910-34CB-4132-B7C8-5711BC3351ED.gif.8445784fef56b2f6f6225c4db70dd265.gifTbh I thought the low throw to Corey Davis on the last drive with ~1:30 left wasn’t a catch.  It looked like he used the ground to secure it.

Definitely was close, like mentioned the jets wisely ran up and snapped the ball, they must’ve learned after watching the Tomlin do it to them 2x before this. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, k-met57 said:

get over it, he was out.

I just rewatched the video a couple of times.  It actually does look like he his left foot scrapes the hash mark, kicking up some paint, then the right comes down in bounds, then the left comes down out of bounds.  But, he does appear to have possession of the ball when his left foot initially hits the hash mark.

I'd call it a catch.  Hard to overturn on the field, maybe.  But, I think there's enough evidence that the foot they're calling out of bounds (the left) is actually the 3rd touch.

• Upvote 2

Considering Zach had very little practice since early August, I thought he played extremely well.  A little rusty at first, but in the end he came through.

Now, he has to repeat and maintain what he did in that 4th quarter.

We've seen great spurts from him before, only for him to start throwing picks and balls in the ground the next game.

7 hours ago, k-met57 said:

do you remember when it was? which quarter and what time? i have the game recorded.

It's in the video clip in the OP.  Watch his feet.  He's got one foot down and it looks like the other foot lands with his toe on the line, but trace the clip back and you see that same foot kick up chalk on the hash mark.  When I watched it at first I thought the person snipped the end of the video you can't see his toe hitting out of bounds but he clips it because we already see his toe kick up chalk a second or two before it goes out.