Miami secondary banged up

Rhg1084

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Their defense isn’t really that good. Zach should have a big game hopefully 

F421FB73-3455-47A0-894D-2FF3EE32C2DA.png

Their defense is kind of bend but don't break this year. They give up a lot of yards, but not that many points. 

We really need to execute in the redzone against them. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Real talk: he showed an infamous "flash" last game. It was a bright one, of course. And he delivered in a big moment, also good.

But would you be happy with 1:2 TD/INT ratio and 50% completion over a season? Of course not.

I've been fooled by flashes before. Let's hope this one starts a fire.

Exactly. 

Last Sunday has to be a stepping stone to eventual bigger and brighter things. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Real talk: he showed an infamous "flash" last game. It was a bright one, of course. And he delivered in a big moment, also good.

But would you be happy with 1:2 TD/INT ratio and 50% completion over a season? Of course not.

I've been fooled by flashes before. Let's hope this one starts a fire.

People don’t seem to understand, Zach is partially responsible for putting us in the position of needing a comeback. He doesn’t toss that  horrible int and we’re going into the half 17 or 13 to 3 with the ball to start the 2nd half.

As good as he was in the 4th quarter, he helped screw things up to put us down 10 in the final quarter.  That needs to change.

Not even gonna mention the high throw Conklin int either.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

People don’t seem to understand, Zach is partially responsible for putting us in the position of needing a comeback. He doesn’t toss that  horrible int and we’re going into the half 17 or 13 to 3 with the ball to start the 2nd half.

As good as he was in the 4th quarter, he helped screw things up to put us down 10 in the final quarter.  That needs to change.

Not even gonna mention the high throw Conklin int either.

But ... it seems like .. you ... mentioned it?

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I was only kidding.  

Real Talk: I think if you have 5th string T's starting and G's playing T all year - with close to zero running game for 3 quarter...Yes, those stats, with a winning record - I would be happy with.   If he's playing smart - throwing the ball away - instead of taking sacks (dropping the comp. %) and we're outscoring our opponents - I think it would a rather successful sophomore campaign.  

Also, let's add in the 252 yards per game or a 4,284 pace.  

Jets are 9-8, Zach throws for 3,528 yards, 1:2 TD/INT ratio, 50% completion and 14 receiving TD's...

Sure, I would be happy...

With that said - Yes, I expect him to make less mistakes.  From what I can tell about that game - he needs to get more precise in the short passing game - it wa sa problem for him early last year - but he fixed that.  If he fixes that, which I suspect he will.  That comp% goes way up. 

Yeah... I disagree. 9 wins would be nice but if we win because of last minute heroics to make up for 3 quarters of terrible QB play.... no one will enjoy the debate in the off season about whether we need a new QB to fully unlock a talented team.

18 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You have  been a fan for awhile,  you know we need all the help we can get and sometimes, that’s not enough. 

Fair, of course, but I'm more interested in the bigger picture, ultimately. "Is he, or isn't he?"

12 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He doesn’t toss that  horrible int and we’re going into the half 17 or 13 to 3 with the ball to start the 2nd half.

This is getting a lot of play. That wasn’t a terrible read or throw; it was great play by the defender. It would’ve meant a lot less, too, without the personal foul on the defense that followed. 

23 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If he's catching a TD every game and has a 7.0 yards per attempt I'm good with it.  

Yeah, not too worried about extrapolated stats after a single game. He led the team to 24 points and the win. His stats would’ve been a lot prettier if he hadn’t run for his life and threw it away (saving the sack) multiple times, and they would’ve been better if he threw another TD pass instead of catching one. Also think that 7.0 number is pretty impressive given the situations he found himself in. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Fair, of course, but I'm more interested in the bigger picture, ultimately. "Is he, or isn't he?"

Absolutely I agree, would love to see him up against the best. Given that it’s his second start after coming back from injury and a division rival, I will take it. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He clearly needs to clean things up and has a lot to work on - he was very far from perfect...but this wasn't 3 sh*tty quarters and a good one.  Not a fair assessment at all.

The 10-0 start has been quickly forgotten. Prior to Zach’s return, the Jets held a lead for all of 22 seconds the previous three games. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's the thing - it wasn't 3 quarters of terrible play.  He was actually pretty good in the first quarter and most of the second.  3rd quarter was bad for sure.    

Won't always have to be 4 quarter heroics, but we also have to be clear - Offenses have good quarters and bad quarters - that's the way the NFL works...there are ups and downs with all teams and QB's.

He was actually better than the stats alluded to in the first part of the game.  The pressure stats don't lie either, 22 pressures (depending on where you get the stats from) on 36 drop backs. The fact that he only got sacked once is heroic enough -

If he takes 5 sacks instead of scrambling and throwing the ball away (which could have been 10 sacks) comp% is over 60%. 

Not making excuses, just explaining the reality.

He clearly needs to clean things up and has a lot to work on - he was very far from perfect...but this wasn't 3 sh*tty quarters and a good one.  Not a fair assessment at all.

I need more than 50% completion and a positive turnover ratio to feel good about it because over significant sample size that's going to lose a whole lot more games than it wins. This is what I mean by bigger picture. But that's for another day. This week I'm happy he took a step. Next week, is next week.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Absolutely I agree, would love to see him up against the best. Given that it’s his second start after coming back from injury and a division rival, I will take it. 

Also fair. I was legitimately worried about his safety last game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I need more than 50% completion and a positive turnover ratio to feel good about it because over significant sample size that's going to lose a whole lot more games than it wins. This is what I mean by bigger picture. But that's for another day. This week I'm happy he took a step. Next week, is next week.

I suspect in an adjusted completion percentage Zach is well over 60% in that game. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I think it was more than just a "flash". A Flash to me is like the famous pass to Corey Davis in the Tenn game or individual throws here and there.

What Zach did Sunday was put the team on his back and execute basically flawlessly in leading a 4th quarter comeback for the win. Does not mean he will make that his baseline level but way more than just flashing.

Geno had a perfect passer rating against Miami as a Jets QB once...

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I need more than 50% completion and a positive turnover ratio to feel good about it

Look, I get it.

But I really do think you need to look at each game on its own and understand how the numbers got there - if we're going to asses him properly...

But you are most likely ultimately going to be correct - over the course of a long enough period of time - those number will fix themselves.  I guess the point I'm saying is - if he has a 1:2 int:td ratio and 50% completion % - they're not winning 9 games or even close.  The OL will get better, the WR's will get used to his arm (less drops) , he's going to fix the short problems...It will come together and the numbers will get better..

With that said, I hear your point and don't disagree 

• Upvote 3