NFL Rookie Rankings at Q1 (2022)

Rank

Sauce Gardner

New York Jets · CB

Gardner is already establishing himself as one of the premier players at his position. He has an uncanny knack for locating and playing the ball down the field.

Rank

Chris Olave

New Orleans Saints · WR

Olave is such a graceful route runner. He is consistently creating separation at all three levels of the defense. 

Rank

Travon Walker

Jacksonville Jaguars · OLB

Walker, the first overall pick of this year's draft, is a dominant run defender and he’s already showing growth as a pass rusher. 

Rank

Devin Lloyd

Jacksonville Jaguars · LB

I saw Lloyd play in person against the Chargers in Week 3 and he was the best player on the field that day (7 tackles, 3 passes defensed, 1 interception). He has incredible instincts and range. 

Rank

Garrett Wilson

New York Jets · WR

Wilson is ultra-twitched up and he’s already provided a pivotal touchdown catch in a comeback victory for the Jets. He has the look of a true No. 1 wideout. 

Rank

Aidan Hutchinson

Detroit Lions · DE

Hutchinson has brought his trademark tenacity and toughness to the Lions. They don’t have nearly enough talent on defense right now, but he has performed at a very solid level. 

Rank

Drake London

Atlanta Falcons · WR

London was sidelined for most of August due to injury, but he hasn’t missed a beat since being inserted into the lineup. He is an incredibly nimble route runner for his size (6-foot-4, 213 pounds). 

Rank

Breece Hall

New York Jets · RB

Hall is quickly emerging as the Jets’ main runner (team-high 38 carries for 178 yards) and he’s provided plenty of value in the passing game, as well (15 catches for 113 yards). He’s getting better every week and I get the sense he’s on the verge of a monster game in the near future.  

Rank

Jalen Pitre

Houston Texans · S

Pitre had an unbelievable performance against the Bears in Week 3 (8 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered). He has excellent range in the back end against the pass. Also, he’s a dynamic blitzer and alley-filler against the run. 

Rank

Dameon Pierce

Houston Texans · RB

Pierce is going to end up being one of the steals of the 2022 draft. He is a violent runner with exceptional play speed and balance. 

Rank

Jahan Dotson

Washington Commanders · WR

Dotson had the best hands in the draft class, and he’s picked up right where he left off at Penn State. 

Rank

Quay Walker

Green Bay Packers · LB

Walker has been very productive and his size/speed combination jumps off the screen. 

Rank

Jack Jones

New England Patriots · CB

Jones lacks ideal size (5-11, 175) but his mix of instincts and ball skills has been impressive. 

Rank

Tariq Woolen

Seattle Seahawks · CB

Woolen landed in the perfect place to maximize his talents. Pete Carroll has made a very successful career of developing tall, rangy cornerbacks. 

Rank

Tyler Linderbaum

Baltimore Ravens · C

Linderbaum has been a dependable starter for the Ravens. He plays with excellent quickness and strength in the run game. 

Rank

Romeo Doubs

Green Bay Packers · WR

Doubs has quickly emerged as one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets (team-high 19 catches). He has the speed to get vertical but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his route polish, as well. 

Can't-Miss Play: Career TD pass No. 500 for Rodgers goes to Doubs

Rank

Jaquan Brisker

Chicago Bears · S

Brisker is a very active defender and he’s always around the ball. I love his toughness in the middle of the field. 

Rank

Jermaine Johnson II

New York Jets · DE

Johnson has been very disruptive against both the run and pass. He has earned an increased role in the Jets’ defense. 

Rank

Zion Johnson

Los Angeles Chargers · G

Johnson has had a couple hiccups in pass protection, but he can really uproot and drive defenders in the run game. 

Rank

Malcolm Rodriguez

Detroit Lions · LB

Rodriguez is very instinctive and I’ve been impressed with his lateral mobility against the run. 

Rank

Kaiir Elam

Buffalo Bills · CB

Elam is a big, physical cornerback and he’s rarely out of position. He hasn’t had many opportunities to make plays on the ball but he’s getting the job done. 

Rank

Tyler Smith

Dallas Cowboys · OT

Smith is still raw, but he’s flashed elite ability in both the run and pass game. He’s very quick-footed and he’s a finisher. 

Rank

George Pickens

Pittsburgh Steelers · WR

Pickens, coming off his first career 100-yard game, has produced a couple “wow” highlights for the Steelers. He has incredible body control down the field. 

Rank

Abraham Lucas

Seattle Seahawks · OT

Lucas has been a solid plug-and-play starter at right tackle for the Seahawks. He gives a little ground versus power rushers, but he always stays attached. 

Rank

Isiah Pacheco

Kansas City Chiefs · RB

Pacheco has provided some explosiveness to the Chiefs’ backfield. He’s an aggressive runner and has taken advantage of the space created by the threat Patrick Mahomes and the passing attack pose to defenses. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rookie-rankings-at-q1-of-2022-season-multiple-reps-for-jets-packers-seahawks?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Even crazier to think that we could have 3! By the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Breece is up there with Garrett for OROY consideration. I put money on him for OROY at the beginning of the year. 

i wanted to as well but forgot to actually place the bet.  

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

So can we agree now that “you can only evaluate a player after three years” is an excuse for garbage play?

Yet when I post threads about Mike Maccagnan draft classes 3 years later, I get the "you're beating a dead horse" or the "he's gone, he can't hurt you anymore" responses.

The latter one is laughable, given that GM decisions can and do hurt a team many years down the road.  I was reminded of that this past weekend when Pat Mahomes balled out against the Bucs (as he's done for most of the season to date) despite the likes of Mecole Hardman and Marques Valdes-Scantling being his # 2/3 receiving options.

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Johnson should be getting more snaps tbh.

He should be starting 

Why the Jets refuse to kick JFM inside next to Quinnen where he’s clearly better suited is beyond me.

You’re paying the f*cking guy $14 million a year. Play him where you can get the most out of him and get your 1st round edgerusher more snaps.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Absolute monster slam dunk of a draft

Jets version of the “Steelers-type” draft in the 1970’s that made them.

Lockdown corner, check.

Perennial All Pro wideout, check.

Early sightings of a DL who is stout against both Pass and Run, check.

Bell cow RB who is dangerous anytime he touches the ball, in any way, run or catch, check.

Then throw in the prior year with Wilson being Douglas’ “Terry Bradshaw” pick, check.

Maybe I’m a little too souped up, but I don’t think so.  Outstanding job by Joe Douglas.

Thank you Adam Gase, Thank you….for getting that Janitor who threw on a suit and was able to fool the Johnson Bros that he was a GM fired….or NONE of this happens.  Probably drafts Justin Fields because it’s the last thing he heard ESPN say while falling asleep the night before the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1