NFL Top 10

Maxman

By Nick Ferraro.

I can't wait to see the Jets in here.

JetNation NFL Power Rankings

Week Five

1. Philadelphia Eagles 4-0 (Last Week: 2) Philadelphia takes over at the top spot. They came out flat but muscled the Jags around the field over the final three quarters and took the victory.  The power running game is impressive, and the Birds have the outside weapons to complement the run.

2. Buffalo Bills 3-1 (Last Week: 3) The Bills were down seemingly from the kickoff, but stepped up and throttled the Ravens on the road.  After finding a way to lose against the Dolphins, the win in Baltimore was impressive save the first quarter.

3. Kansas City Chiefs 3-1 (Last Week: 4) The Chiefs didn’t seem to sweat much on the road in Tampa against what was the league’s best scoring defense.  The Chiefs easily hung more points on the Bucs than they had given up all season.

4. Miami Dolphins 3-1 (Last Week: 1) The Dolphins will have to deal with the loss of their starting quarterback, at least in the short term. Losing to a desperate Cincinnati team is not something Miami needs to apologize for.  They do need to step up this week at the Jets though as their roster is easily more complete.

5. Green Bay Packers 3-1 (Last Week: The Pack might have overlooked the Pats with their backup under center, then their backup’s backup under center.  New England got the win in any event, but things seemed way too hard given the game being at Lambeau and the Pats playing so significantly shorthanded.

6. Los Angeles Chargers 2-2 (Last Week: 9) The Chargers handled the Texans the way the Chargers should on Sunday. LA’s schedule sets up for a four-game win streak if they can get past Cleveland this week.

7. Los Angeles Rams 2-2 (Last Week: 5) The Rams are simply going to be that team that tries to do just enough during the regular season to be able to turn things on for the postseason. It hasn’t been a winning formula in this league in the past.

8. Minnesota Vikings 3-1 (Last Week: Unranked) The Vikings tried to lose on Sunday in London.  They are an undisciplined group that is not talented enough to overcome themselves if the competition is decent.  If they can get out of their own way, this team could do some damage in the NFC.

9. Cincinnati Bengals 2-2 (Last Week: Unranked) The Bengals got pressure on the quarterback Sunday, which was a nice switch given how much pressure the Bengals quarterback is under every week. A Sunday nighter in Baltimore looms large as an early season tilt for control of the AFC Central.

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-2 (Last Week: 10) The Bucs looked overmatched against Kansas City Sunday.  A visit from the Falcons should help right the ship in Tampa, but long-term questions will remain after falling in two straight against two of the league’s elite.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Eagles at #1 is absolutely laughable, their schedule is a complete joke. Would ANYONE take the Eagles to beat the Bills or Chiefs tomorrow?

Buddy of mine was just bragging about the Eagles and I looked at their schedule and couldn’t believe it.  It’s pathetically easy.  Hardest game is Dallas by a wide margin.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The dolphins on that list is a complete joke

This is great for us, one of the early media darling teams which often spells utter doom for those teams.

The media is ridiculously reactionary after a few games regardless of how teams won or who they played.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

By Nick Ferraro.

I can't wait to see the Jets in here.

JetNation NFL Power Rankings

Week Five

1. Philadelphia Eagles 4-0 (Last Week: 2) Philadelphia takes over at the top spot. They came out flat but muscled the Jags around the field over the final three quarters and took the victory.  The power running game is impressive, and the Birds have the outside weapons to complement the run.

2. Buffalo Bills 3-1 (Last Week: 3) The Bills were down seemingly from the kickoff, but stepped up and throttled the Ravens on the road.  After finding a way to lose against the Dolphins, the win in Baltimore was impressive save the first quarter.

3. Kansas City Chiefs 3-1 (Last Week: 4) The Chiefs didn’t seem to sweat much on the road in Tampa against what was the league’s best scoring defense.  The Chiefs easily hung more points on the Bucs than they had given up all season.

4. Miami Dolphins 3-1 (Last Week: 1) The Dolphins will have to deal with the loss of their starting quarterback, at least in the short term. Losing to a desperate Cincinnati team is not something Miami needs to apologize for.  They do need to step up this week at the Jets though as their roster is easily more complete.

5. Green Bay Packers 3-1 (Last Week: The Pack might have overlooked the Pats with their backup under center, then their backup’s backup under center.  New England got the win in any event, but things seemed way too hard given the game being at Lambeau and the Pats playing so significantly shorthanded.

6. Los Angeles Chargers 2-2 (Last Week: 9) The Chargers handled the Texans the way the Chargers should on Sunday. LA’s schedule sets up for a four-game win streak if they can get past Cleveland this week.

7. Los Angeles Rams 2-2 (Last Week: 5) The Rams are simply going to be that team that tries to do just enough during the regular season to be able to turn things on for the postseason. It hasn’t been a winning formula in this league in the past.

8. Minnesota Vikings 3-1 (Last Week: Unranked) The Vikings tried to lose on Sunday in London.  They are an undisciplined group that is not talented enough to overcome themselves if the competition is decent.  If they can get out of their own way, this team could do some damage in the NFC.

9. Cincinnati Bengals 2-2 (Last Week: Unranked) The Bengals got pressure on the quarterback Sunday, which was a nice switch given how much pressure the Bengals quarterback is under every week. A Sunday nighter in Baltimore looms large as an early season tilt for control of the AFC Central.

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-2 (Last Week: 10) The Bucs looked overmatched against Kansas City Sunday.  A visit from the Falcons should help right the ship in Tampa, but long-term questions will remain after falling in two straight against two of the league’s elite.

Tampa is toast.

Cole Beasley was like eff this.

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

This is not fake 

I have a tough time putting us ahead of the Chargers, but I could also just swap them with the Titans and keep everything else in place.

Would anyone have called 2 of the 4 AFCW teams not being on this list already?  I suspect the Broncos will ascend.  

And wait a minute!  Where are the....you know...that team that used to have the pretty good QB?!

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have a tough time putting us ahead of the Chargers, but I could also just swap them with the Titans and keep everything else in place.

Would anyone have called 2 of the 4 AFCW teams not being on this list already?  I suspect the Broncos will ascend.  

And wait a minute!  Where are the....you know...that team that used to have the pretty good QB?!

I think the broader nfl community sees the jets have real talent upgrades at many positions.  The one question at this point is qb, obviously.  Fair or unfair this dolphins game is going to influence a lot of opinions just as the first quarter in preseason vs the eagles did for Zach.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the broader nfl community sees the jets have real talent upgrades at many positions.  The one question at this point is qb, obviously.  Fair or unfair this dolphins game is going to influence a lot of opinions just as the first quarter in preseason vs the eagles did for Zach.

Oh that's absolutely fair.  I agree fully that this week will set the tone for what the Jets are/aren't this season.  

And yes, from a complete roster perspective, we really do feel like we belong in the top grouping with QB being the big ?.

Oddly, I'm not seeing that same roster depth from teams like JAX, TEN, and even MIA.  So we'll see if that starts to shape this list over the next few weeks.

I question that this week is the real test for Zack.  With his OL in shambles he'll once again have way too much on his plate.  After last week I'm a Lot more upbeat.  This is not the week to go "all in" though.  Regardless of the outcome I'd accept a duplicate of last week's performance. 

Go Jets!    

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Agreed 100%. Just hope they don't sh*t the bed as in years past.  Wanna lose this SOJ mentality? Don't buy into the hype...just go out there and beat the snot out of the Fish.

jets/doltfins are usually 50-50 games.  both teams seem to play hard against each other.  the jets will be saying something if they win this game.  likewise so will the doltfins.  i just have a really hard time believing the doltfins are for real even with tua.  the early games tend to go many different directions.

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

jets/doltfins are usually 50-50 games.  both teams seem to play hard against each other.  the jets will be saying something if they win this game.  likewise so will the doltfins.  i just have a really hard time believing the doltfins are for real even with tua.  the early games tend to go many different directions.

Except haven't the dolphins swept the Jets for like the past 2 or 3 years?