Bridgewater: NY Jets saved my career

Bronx

48 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

He's a great guy, one of the players around the league that you have to respect.

Every year he rents a uhaul and fills it full of toys, parks it in his old neighborhood and simply opens the door

I did not know that!  Nice.  What city?

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I would argue that releasing him turned out to be a mistake BUT we did think Darnold would be our number 1.    Good for him.

I hope we beat him Sunday.....

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We traded him for a 3rd rounder 

That 3rd rounder, plus a 6th and 7th, turned into Chuma Edoga.  So yeah, we basically released him...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Always liked Teddy B, 2 gloves and all.  Just a classy dude. 

TB should have been named the Jets starter.  Clearly and by far, he was the best QB on the roster.  IMHO, it would have been good for ZW to sit behind TB for a season.  TB would have been a very good mentor for ZW.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

he's just a good guy.  all around solid.  not a bad player either.

i would have preferred to keep him but i think they did him a favor by trading him.

100%.  I would of be fine with starting him but I just dont think it was in the cards and it gave him an opportunity to start again and prove he could play a full season. 

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The kinda guy you'd want to marry your daughter. ☺️

haha, never again, ugh

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

TB should have been named the Jets starter.  Clearly and by far, he was the best QB on the roster.  IMHO, it would have been good for ZW to sit behind TB for a season.  TB would have been a very good mentor for ZW.  

I think you mean Darnold?  

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  I would of be fine with starting him but I just dont think it was in the cards and it gave him an opportunity to start again and prove he could play a full season. 

haha, never again, ugh

I think you mean Darnold?  

Yep.  My bad.  Hard for me to keep track of the Jets rookie QB disasters as they come and go.  

• Haha 2

Good on him for saying so, he's probably right.

I recall wanting to keep him in the moment, probably part of my "competition at QB is always good, don't just give a draft pick the job" mindset, but yeah.  I don't think I ever thought he'd be a stud per se, but I like serviceable, young, hungry backup QB's.  Everything Flacco isn't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Boy I took heat for expressing this exact opinion at the time — “YOU JUST WANT DARNOLD TO FAIL!!!” despite being excited as hell we drafted Darnold but oh well haha.

And Teddy is right — we did save his career — by doing him the honor of trading him to a real team.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Didn't we get a third round pick for him?

I have been fairly critical of all Jets GM's but this move, to trade Teddy, should have been a no brainer but I won't jump down the GM for this. 

BUT, who we got for him and how Darnold played, is something of Jets folklore and why we are where we are.

But someone else posted who we got, can't recall, but he's probably washing your car as I write this. :)