Miami Game Plan

BettyBoop

This is a big game for the Jets.  We're finally off to a decent start and it's their first divisional game.  At home!  The fans will be amped up and MetLife will be rocking.  So how will the team respond?

• This could be Salah's biggest challenge to date as the Jets head coach.  How does he get his team to focus after another come-from-behind win?  Whatever he did (or didn't do), didn't seem to work two weeks ago.  He must get his guys to forget what happened last week and concentrate on a very good Dolphins team.  We'll know pretty quickly if it worked or not.
  • The Steelers had a bottom seven rush defense going into last week's game yet held the Jets to 3.4 ypc.  Clearly, they sold out on stopping the run and dared Zach to beat them in the air.  It took awhile but eventually he did.  The Phins however will score more than the Steelers and you don't want Zach to have to throw on every down to win the game.  I think they have to throw the ball early to enable the running game to get going.  Most first down plays last week were a handoff to Breece or Carter.  Gotta change that up!  Would love to see the TE get some short throws early.
  • The Phins have a total of one interception through four games.  Bodes well for Zach.
  • They have been sacked seven times in four games and that's with the elusive Tua playing most of the time and who won't be playing this week.  I expect to see a few sacks and TFL by the Jets defense.
  • The Fish RB are averaging a paltry 3.35 ypc this season.  Remarkable when you consider that their potent air attack couldn't open up their running game.
  • Sauce and DJ Reed have been one of if not the best CB duo in the league this year.  How they handle Hill and Waddle will go a long way in determining if the Jet can pull this one out.

• Upvote 2

we'll find out soon if these are the same old jets.  the soj's would let the back up qb look like the second coming of dan marino and the rb's look like csonka, kiick, and morris.  the jets need to get ahead early and keep their foot on the doltfins neck.  this is where saleh's all gas no brake motto will come into play.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is really no excuse to lose this game.  We have more talent, we are at home, they are missing their starting qb.

This would be a huge letdown and disappointment if we lose this game.  

We will win this game.

Also their CBs are nicked which cant hurt our passing game, and Waddle  is questionable, which may allow us to double Hill.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is really no excuse to lose this game.  We have more talent, we are at home, they are missing their starting qb.

We will win this game.

More talent? That's so crazy.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Absolutely we do. 

QB - Jets

RB - Jets

WR - Even (thier top 2 is better but we go 4 deep)

TE - Jets (McDaniel has buried geisiki on the bench)

Oline - Jets

Dline - Jets

Corners - Jets

Safeties - Dolphins

Linebackers - wash

Coaching - Jets

Okay...

The odd thing about these Jets fins games over the years is record didn't mean much...sept the last couple years.

should be fun!

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will win this game.

Sounded kinda Minkah like there, beef broganoff

• Haha 1

If Jets can establish the run early to later create effective play action, and Keep the Miami Offense off the field! The jets have a chance. The players are definitely feeling a tad more confident after that statement win @ Pitt - huge self esteem booster for a young team -with a HC getting heat. They’ll feed off the home crowd, but LaFleur has to maintain the balance he had last Sunday with establishing the run game to be complimented by the passing game 

• Upvote 1

It’s going to be interesting what ML does with the offense. I know Corey Davis had a great game against the Steelers but against Miami, I would put out a trio of Wilson, Moore and Berrios (sprinkle in Davis here and there). We are not going to have the time for long developing plays. So getting guys that can create quick separation is going to be critical. Miami will try and bump Wilson/Moore at the line but that will be risky as both can beat them deep.

More so than a game that helps us know who Zach is, this is the game that will tell us how good our weapons are. In the past, a coach like BB would just single the WRs and send everyone else. We didn't have the WRs to beat man coverage. Im hoping now we do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s going to be interesting what ML does with the offense. I know Corey Davis had a great game against the Steelers but against Miami, I would put out a trio of Wilson, Moore and Berrios (sprinkle in Davis here and there). We are not going to have the time for long developing plays. So getting guys that can create quick separation is going to be critical. Miami will try and bump Wilson/Moore at the line but that will be risky as both can beat them deep.

More so than a game that helps us know who Zach is, this is the game that will tell us how good our weapons are. In the past, a coach like BB would just single the WRs and send everyone else. We didn't have the WRs to beat man coverage. Im hoping now we do.

Oddly, Moore has been more a victim of deep routes not having time than Davis.  Wilson and Davis have been doing more crosses while Moore seems mostly outside.  We'll see if that changes.  

If Howard is out or even hampered, we should beat man coverage.  If we can't that would be concerning.

Also, I think it's imperative we give the Tackles help so RB/TE chip blocks should be a common sight.  The interior is still going to have to hold up on its own.  I still expect Zach to get pressured a lot.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oddly, Moore has been more a victim of deep routes not having time than Davis.  Wilson and Davis have been doing more crosses while Moore seems mostly outside.  We'll see if that changes.  

If Howard is out or even hampered, we should beat man coverage.  If we can't that would be concerning.

Also, I think it's imperative we give the Tackles help so RB/TE chip blocks should be a common sight.  The interior is still going to have to hold up on its own.  I still expect Zach to get pressured a lot.

I agree on the RB/TE chipping.

I think it would be a mistake to dial up deep route concepts. Cant imagine there’s going to be enough time for those plays. Im looking for guys like Wilson/Moore/Berrios to run shorter route concepts. Also Zach needs to know where to go when the blitz comes.

Im excited to watch this game. It’s a huge test for our guys. Miami defense is the kind of defense that gives Zach problems. Hopefully guys step up.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

We will win this game.

Love the Passion @Joe W. Namath !!! Keep it coming pal

Jets sorely need a signature win against an AFCE opponent.  Everyone should know this ain't just another game.  Another....it don't matter who it is opponent.  This game has high magnitude for sure.  Jets haven't beaten a divisional opponent since 2019.  This team could be starting a string of 3-4 victories off a win like this.   

That comeback victory against the Steelers is only the second time Jets beat them in 13 games.  That's a big step forward for this relatively young team.  It's a rare occurrence for the Jets to be 2-2 in early October.  Now they need to parley that into getting their first win at home against a hated rival.  

Game planning and execution needs to be best to date. 

The OL is a big key.  Jets need a solid run game to help keep pressure off of Zach...to have to make 40+ throws in this game.  Especially if McDermott has to start.  Play action is an important component of Lafleur's offense.  And the run game needs to be effective to provide those opportunities for Zach and those playmakers. 

The DL needs to be savages out there.  As I said in another thread.  Q-Lawson-JFM-JJ-Etc...need to go after Teddy like he just molested their women.  If they play with their hair on fire.  Then the DB's can have success with ball-hawking opportunities. 

Who wants it more?  IMO...that's the team that will prevail.  Saleh-CS needs to get those players to bring it.  No excuses for a flat performance.  

Jets vs Fins...

Can't wait! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

The DL needs to be savages out there.  As I said in another thread.  Q-Lawson-JFM-JJ-Etc...need to go after Teddy like he just molested their women.  If they play with their hair on fire.  Then the DB's can have success with ball-hawking opportunities. 

Unfortunately, if that were the case, they would be far more likely to go after Zach.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Unfortunately, if that were the case, they would be far more likely to go after Zach.

I'm not talking about dumb or dirty play.  Jets DL needs to play with a high motor and put consistent pressure and sack Teddy.   Make him anxious and hurry his throws, etc.  

Don't you think the DL needs to dominate the LOS...play its best game to win it?  They are certainly capable of that level of play.

3 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

I'm not talking about dumb or dirty play.  Jets DL needs to play with a high motor and put consistent pressure and sack Teddy.   Make him anxious and hurry his throws, etc.  

Don't you think the DL needs to dominate the LOS...play its best game to win it?  They are certainly capable of that level of play.

I think my joke sailed over your head.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:53 AM, BettyBoop said:

This is a big game for the Jets.  We're finally off to a decent start and it's their first divisional game.  At home!  The fans will be amped up and MetLife will be rocking.  So how will the team respond?

• This could be Salah's biggest challenge to date as the Jets head coach.  How does he get his team to focus after another come-from-behind win?  Whatever he did (or didn't do), didn't seem to work two weeks ago.  He must get his guys to forget what happened last week and concentrate on a very good Dolphins team.  We'll know pretty quickly if it worked or not.
  • The Steelers had a bottom seven rush defense going into last week's game yet held the Jets to 3.4 ypc.  Clearly, they sold out on stopping the run and dared Zach to beat them in the air.  It took awhile but eventually he did.  The Phins however will score more than the Steelers and you don't want Zach to have to throw on every down to win the game.  I think they have to throw the ball early to enable the running game to get going.  Most first down plays last week were a handoff to Breece or Carter.  Gotta change that up!  Would love to see the TE get some short throws early.
  • The Phins have a total of one interception through four games.  Bodes well for Zach.
  • They have been sacked seven times in four games and that's with the elusive Tua playing most of the time and who won't be playing this week.  I expect to see a few sacks and TFL by the Jets defense.
  • The Fish RB are averaging a paltry 3.35 ypc this season.  Remarkable when you consider that their potent air attack couldn't open up their running game.
  • Sauce and DJ Reed have been one of if not the best CB duo in the league this year.  How they handle Hill and Waddle will go a long way in determining if the Jet can pull this one out.

My only real question is Carl Lawson going to unlock this game and make an impact ? That would be nice to see

On 10/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

We will win this game.

Saleh has other ideas.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Absolutely we do. 

QB - Jets

RB - Jets

WR - Even (thier top 2 is better but we go 4 deep)

TE - Jets (McDaniel has buried geisiki on the bench)

Oline - Jets

Dline - Jets

Corners - Jets

Safeties - Dolphins

Linebackers - wash

Coaching - Jets

I believe the Jets will win this game (or at least cover the point spread +3.5, Christ they better I have almost $1000 on this game) but you’re high as fck if you think that’s true lol. 

The Jets should be able to get good QB pressure and some sacks and I think Sauce picks one tomorrow. As long as they call a good game, Brown does what he was paid to do and Zack doesn’t fck up it’s in the bag.

Game plan: Put JFM next to Quinnen. Put Johnson and Lawson at edges, rotate them with Huff and Clemons. Defending to passes to the TE will be out achilles heel, and I dont think we have a solid answer for that. We should be ok, or as good as possible with CB.

Keep AVT at LT, period. The Jets need the healthiest/strongest/best talent at the left side. AVT-Laken-McGovern-Herbig-McDermott with TE support on the right side, we should be ok. Brown if able, can the RT spot. 

Try as much as possible to establish a running game, especially to the outside.