Does a 2 & 2 Start Take Saleh Off the Hot Seat?

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

I don't know what everyone was expecting this season but last year this team was a complete sh*tshow.  

This year they've added a few decent pieces and quite a few people were expecting playoffs.  Sorry, but they're not that good.

6-11 with this schedule IMHO is a good start.

They have a bunch of games that are so winnable, Bears, Lions, Jaguars.  If they win those three and beat the Vikings, then lose every other game that would be bad.

6 and 11 while losing every division game would be really bad.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

They have a bunch of games that are so winnable, Bears, Lions, Jaguars.  If they win those three and beat the Vikings, then lose every other game that would be bad.

6 and 11 while losing every division game would be really bad.

This would make me physically ill. 

2 hours ago, peebag said:

I don't know what everyone was expecting this season but last year this team was a complete sh*tshow.  

This year they've added a few decent pieces and quite a few people were expecting playoffs.  Sorry, but they're not that good.

6-11 with this schedule IMHO is a good start.

6-11 would mean Saleh would be 9-24, Which would be absolutely terrible. Gase was 9-23. I don't want another 10+ loss season and the Jets have the talent 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

If they go 6 and 11 at this point, wow. I don't even want to think about it. 2 and 2 with many winnable games.  8 and 9 needs to be the worst case scenario.

Couldn't agree more.  There absolutely needs to be some expectations this year.  Anything less than 8 wins would be disappointing.

17 hours ago, Hex said:

He wasn't going to get fired if he started 0-4, so was he on the 'hot seat' to begin with? 

100 % correct.  As long as he won a single game in 2022, Johnson/Douglas is going to keep him for the third year of his contract.  If he is awful for the remainder of 2022 and 2023 sees little improvement, it is possible that he wont make it to year 4. 

From the language the we got from the owners, they are done with a revolving door at GM and HC regardless of results. 

• Upvote 1

Ftr, I don't think Saleh was ever on the WJ/CJ/JD hot seat (and his long contract plays a part in that) but I think the fans were starting to get fed up with him.   And that ridiculous "receipts" comment could've really backfired if we were 0-4 right now.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even if we win 10 games this year, I'd still fire Saleh and hire Payton if that were an option.  

If Saleh won 10 games this year, he would be one of the hottest, young up and coming coaches in the league.  And you would fire him for a dinosaur like Sean Payton?

Also, the players love Saleh.  Would send a real good message to fire the coach after more then doubling their win total from last year.

Again, Jet fans just dont get it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Saleh won 10 games this year, he would be one of the hottest, young up and coming coaches in the league.  And you would fire him for a dinosaur like Sean Payton?

Also, the players love Saleh.  Would send a real good message to fire the coach after more then doubling their win total from last year.

Again, Jet fans just dont get it.

Yes, in a heartbeat.

This thread is way too early.  

Saleh and his coaches need to put forth a 17 game effort.   At the end of the season, I think we will know what we have with these guys-or at least know a lot more.  

There may have been some deficiencies in coaching, play, etc. in the Jets’s 2 losses, but I did not see them winning those games.  The Jets won the two games that we in reality winnable.  

As of now, the Lions and Jaguars are not easy games.  Its a tough schedule and competitive league.  

50 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

And how many first round picks are you willing to give up to get him? Saints are not going to be charitable 

Good point.  I kind of forgot about that part. 

I would hate to trade picks for him, especially 1st rounders.  Though we traded picks for Parcells and he almost won us a Super Bowl.  And we were all set up to have the GOAT HC succeed him but he wanted no part of our organization.

I just checked and was surprised that Payton is only 58 years old.  He could coach here for a decade.  I'd consider trading 1 1st rounder for him.

I don't believe he was on the hot seat before last week. The commentators last night were even talking about how September games feel like preseason where teams are still figuring things out. That's especially true for teams with fairly new head coaches and quarterbacks. 

There has been a lot to dislike about the first three games but both sides of the ball looked better last week than the first three, especially the defense. As long as there is improvement across the season, Saleh is fine. If the best the team gets is four or five last minute wins, he's got problems.

19 hours ago, Hex said:

6-11 would mean Saleh would be 9-24, Which would be absolutely terrible. Gase was 9-23. I don't want another 10+ loss season and the Jets have the talent 

If they win six this year after this start he's going to get fired.

I but with this roster and the schedule after winning two of the first four winning four more, the rest of the way is not an option