LeFleur: Terrifying analysis by Kurt Warner

The lad hasn't even played a full season worth of games, the mental aspect will keep getting better with more and more film watched.  Not many in the league match his physical skills.

Besides, I think he might be just showing off.  He sees the wide open receiver but would rather rip a missile shot into a thimble sized window.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The first five minutes in Kurt Warner being exasperated at Zach not recognizing open receivers on schedule, holding the ball too long, and cowering under a pass rush. When does the LaFleur part start, because I’m curious how an offense that makes Mike White, Chris Streveler, Josh Johnson and a semi-retired Joe Flacco look good to great is hurting Zach Wilson?

It’s a 25 minute video, watch the next 20 Minutes 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

LeFleur was doing the same sh*t last season. Some of the routes and plays he was calling were having all the WR bunched up in one corner of the field was begging for a rookie QB to throw INTs.  Go back and watch these videos from last season it was either Warner or that other QB school guy total beating up on LeFleur.

With that said.  Zach Wilson doesnt not look good here is slow motion tape and looks confused at times which can be player, coaching, or both.  Maybe Kurt can come in here and coach him up.  Let us see if it gets better that bout all we can do.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The lad hasn't even played a full season worth of games, the mental aspect will keep getting better with more and more film watched.  Not many in the league match his physical skills.

Besides, I think he might be just showing off.  He sees the wide open receiver but would rather rip a missile shot into a thimble sized window.

Watch the video. Its a good break down. Kurt is saying the opposite of what you are. He isn't showing off, he is taking an easy dump off. Its an improvement from last year but he has his #1 read open but he isn't seeing it fast enough to react and throw into it. He is taking an easy 5 yarder when the big gainer is there for him... he just isn't seeing it fast enough to react.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

LeFleur was doing the same sh*t last season. Some of the routes and plays he was calling were having all the WR bunched up in one corner of the field was begging for a rookie QB to throw INTs.  Go back and watch these videos from last season it was either Warner or that other QB school guy total beating up on LeFleur.

With that said.  Zach Wilson doesnt not look good here is slow motion tape and looks confused at times which can be player, coaching, or both.  Maybe Kurt can come in here and coach him up.  Let us see if it gets better that bout all we can do.

When he bunch receivers to one side you are causing mismatches. You get a 1 on 1 on the other side and when three receivers bunched on the other side you cause traffic and get the backer/safety to bite causing someone to open up. The problem isn't the play design so much as it is someone (LaFleur) being in Zach's ear during practice and at film saying "see this? You did this but you should do this". 

9 minutes ago, pointman said:

I am watching it now. Warner gives a really nice film room breakdown. LaFleur knows the game but not how a player of Kurt's caliber knows on field reads. All Kurt is saying is that Zach isn't making the better read that is there for him. Basically, he is doing good but could be doing better. 

I’ll watch the rest of the video when I get home, but Zach’s biggest challenge is going to be shaving a full second off of his time to throw. As Warner shows (in the part that I watched) there are easy, quick throws to be made, but Wilson isn’t making those reads and every play becomes an adventure. In his stellar fourth quarter against the Steelers, his time to throw was 2.49 seconds (well below his average in the game of 3.31). He just has to pull the trigger and stop ******* around

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, pointman said:

When he bunch receivers to one side you are causing mismatches. You get a 1 on 1 on the other side and when three receivers bunched on the other side you cause traffic and get the backer/safety to bite causing someone to open up. The problem isn't the play design so much as it is someone (LaFleur) being in Zach's ear during practice and at film saying "see this? You did this but you should do this". 

no you dont need to put 3 WR in same corner of the field not 5 yards apart like he was doing against Pats

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll watch the rest of the video when I get home, but Zach’s biggest challenge is going to be shaving a full second off of his time to throw. As Warner shows (in the part that I watched) there are easy, quick throws to be made, but Wilson isn’t making those reads and every play becomes an adventure. In his stellar fourth quarter against the Steelers, his time to throw was 2.49 seconds (well below his average in the game of 3.31). He just has to pull the trigger and stop ******* around

At risk of this being a setup for the troll, I respond. I am with you mostly. Kurt is basically saying Zach reads too slow and misses his first read/the right read and goes to check down city which is ok but not ideal. Basically Kurt thinks that LaFleur is an idiot who isn't coaching Zach on what is the right progression or that he thinks LaFleur and Zach are both morons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pointman said:

Watch the video. Its a good break down. Kurt is saying the opposite of what you are. He isn't showing off, he is taking an easy dump off. Its an improvement from last year but he has his #1 read open but he isn't seeing it fast enough to react and throw into it. He is taking an easy 5 yarder when the big gainer is there for him... he just isn't seeing it fast enough to react.

Ok thanks I'll watch.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

Or he has been coached to play more conservatively after last year’s poor start.  Not what you want him to do but might be something he works himself out of as his confidence grows.  I’m not sure it’s a he can’t react fast enough thing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

At risk of this being a setup for the troll, I respond. I am with you mostly. Kurt is basically saying Zach reads too slow and misses his first read/the right read and goes to check down city which is ok but not ideal. Basically Kurt thinks that LaFleur is an idiot who isn't coaching Zach on what is the right progression or that he thinks LaFleur and Zach are both morons. 

I didn’t have to watch a minute of the video to know that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pointman said:

Lets also keep in mind he cherry picked plays to highlight his thoughts.  He probably could have shown or cherry pick same kind of missed reads on 30 QBs last weekend in super slow motion.  I do think there is 50% chance Zach becomes a bust but lets not get too carried away from Warner.  He did bring up the same points about Lefeur that were made last season though.

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Or he has been coached to play more conservatively after last year’s poor start.  Not what you want him to do but might be something he works himself out of as his confidence grows.  I’m not sure it’s a he can’t react fast enough thing.

No coach is teaching him to play that type of conservative ball. Issue is Zach isn't seeing the #1 read develop. Conservative ball is taking the check down when you have nothing or throwing it away. He is taking the check down when the big/right option is there.

• Upvote 1