LeFleur: Terrifying analysis by Kurt Warner

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm cooking the Jet Lounge tailgate! 

Shane will never come to a Jet game. 

I'll explode his liver.

I knew you were busy, but Tommy b0y wouldn't show up anyway.

I wish he would, he is a good dude in real life. If I remember correctly, it has been years.  :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, pointman said:

I am watching it now. Warner gives a really nice film room breakdown. LaFleur knows the game but not how a player of Kurt's caliber knows on field reads. All Kurt is saying is that Zach isn't making the better read that is there for him. Basically, he is doing good but could be doing better. 

been saying exactly just that about ZW since game 3 last season.  he got to get his head in the game.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The first five minutes is Kurt Warner being exasperated at Zach not recognizing open receivers on schedule, holding the ball too long, and cowering under a pass rush. When does the LaFleur part start, because I’m curious how an offense that makes Mike White, Chris Streveler, Josh Johnson and a semi-retired Joe Flacco look good to great is hurting Zach Wilson?

While you wait for the LaFleur part I wait for @FidelioJet to burst into the studio and beat Kurt Warner within an inch of his life.

37 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/07/k-j-hamler-i-could-have-walked-in-to-the-end-zone-if-final-pass-had-been-thrown-to-me/

Every other qb in the league always processes the entire field perfectly every snap. Here's my favorite:

Nice vid and call me crazy but I like those uniforms!

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll watch the rest of the video when I get home, but Zach’s biggest challenge is going to be shaving a full second off of his time to throw. As Warner shows (in the part that I watched) there are easy, quick throws to be made, but Wilson isn’t making those reads and every play becomes an adventure. In his stellar fourth quarter against the Steelers, his time to throw was 2.49 seconds (well below his average in the game of 3.31). He just has to pull the trigger and stop ******* around

Maybe he figured that out in the 4Q though and it will carry over going forward?

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I had forgotten that Joe Flacco throwing for 4 TDs and 300 yards in a come from behind win didn’t count. My apologies. 

Because for 59 minutes of that game he looked like trash until Cleveland had a brain fart and allowed 150 yards in the air and 2 tds?  
Let’s forget how week 1 and 3 were like those 59 minutes of garbage play.

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because for 59 minutes of that game he looked like trash until Cleveland had a brain fart and allowed 150 yards in the air and 2 tds?  
Let’s forget how week 1 and 3 were like those 59 minutes of garbage play.

Oh noooooooooooooooooo Jet Nut. Don’t step on that rake! Zach Wilson looked as bad for three quarters last week as he has in his entire career, but had a good fourth quarter! Eat the rake, Jet Nut! Eat the rake! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh noooooooooooooooooo Jet Nut. Don’t step on that rake! Zach Wilson looked as bad for three quarters last week as he has in his entire career, but had a good fourth quarter! Eat the rake, Jet Nut! Eat the rake! 

Except that he didn’t suck for 3 Qs

So a 2nd year QB making his 14th start after not practicing for 5 weeks and missing the end of camp missed some throws?  That's a revelation and a concern?  You can take film of virtually NFL QB and do the same thing and find missed throws - and poorly designed plays.  How about we give Wilson the remaining 13 games this season to see if he has improved before we do this throw by throw dissection every week.  And for every analysis like Warner's, there have been 3-4 by other analysts showing how well Wilson played.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1