Uniform Change Coming?

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I heard @GREENBEAN say that there is a rumor that Saleh doesn't like the green uniforms. 

I like our 98-2018 green uniforms quite a bit, but I'm not a fan of the new version. I DO, however, very much like all of our black and white uniform combos (all black, all white, or black pants and white tops) and I also like our helmets. 

Jets have to be one of the only teams that the throwback uniforms  are nicer than the newer ones.

season 13 GIF

The  uniforms are fine... fashion sense is mostly subjective... most opinions here are overcomitted.

I mean "Green pants are a bit much" not sure how you get there or how that's a hill to die on.... but ok. Green pants on a team whose colors are green and white...unfathomable.

"Wearing black uniforms waddya think ya tuff or sumthin"... No I find black aestheticly pleasing.

jeff bridges opinion GIF

PSA: Please don't mistake this for me actually giving a **** .... I don't. They could play in tutus as long as they win. In fact that **** would be hilarious. A 13-4 team playing in tutus, let's get on that train.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I would love to change the uniforms. Just take the new logo and put it on the old uniforms and I thinks we'll be OK

The new logo is the old logo.... the fact that they said they were changing it and gave us "that" was an epic troll job.

Give me the '78 logo or give me death.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I think someone finally told Woody that the green is because of Hess. So now he doesn’t want the green any more!

I personally want to see the black jerseys with white pants combo. Never done by them yet. I know people on here disagree with me on the black, but it seems like every time you see Saleh, Zach, etc in Jets gear it’s always something in black. Black hoodies, black shorts, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And the Falcons ruined their uni's years ago with all black as well.  We had great uni's a few years ago until WJ/CJ decided to impose their awful taste on us all.

Agree.  The Falcons red unis were hot.  Glanville showed up decked out in Johnny Cash and season tickets for Elvis and things went downhill. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I really like the current helmet, a lot.  I like the current white top with any version of the current pants.  I do not care for the green tops with the green helmets.  I’d like to see a green helmet, black tops, green pants combo.  I think that could look awesome. 

007CED44-89F1-4660-B130-2D3D88FF0532.jpeg

This might be the only option for green pants. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So you love this:

th?id=OIP.3gmeaGPNTSp4bxyr-JC1KAHaEK&w=3

And you hate this:

300px-New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png

Same Rugby-ball shaped Green background.  Same "Jets" with slightly less letter spacing, same white Football, "New York" instead of "NY".

Seem pretty similar to me, honestly.  The only real meaningful difference is the NY to New York change, otherwise is basically the Classic Logo.

(Or by "two iterations", did you mean the 80's logo?)

Maybe I got the timeline wrong, fish. This is the one I like. Thinking around ‘78 maybe?

BACA1A57-4FB4-4029-B190-8334C61B0F7D.jpeg.71c68655d31b71cd044bad2c5066b25a.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Maybe I got the timeline wrong, fish. This is the one I like. Thinking around ‘78 maybe?

BACA1A57-4FB4-4029-B190-8334C61B0F7D.jpeg.71c68655d31b71cd044bad2c5066b25a.jpeg

No, you're probably correct.  

In my head I was thinking that after the Classic Logo was returned by Parcells, that they changed it slightly in a step BEFORE the change to the current Logo.  Which I don't know if that actually happened, not that I'm thinking about it a bit harder, lol.

So I was think you mean the Parcells-Era restored Classic logo.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And the Falcons ruined their uni's years ago with all black as well.  We had great uni's a few years ago until WJ/CJ decided to impose their awful taste on us all.

The Jags original uniform was very nice.  The blues were vibrant and dynamic.  They got the infantile tuff guy urge for adding bad boy black to their uni and fked it up royally. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So you love this:

th?id=OIP.3gmeaGPNTSp4bxyr-JC1KAHaEK&w=3

And you hate this:

300px-New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png

Same Rugby-ball shaped Green background.  Same "Jets" with slightly less letter spacing, same white Football, "New York" instead of "NY".

Seem pretty similar to me, honestly.  The only real meaningful difference is the NY to New York change, otherwise is basically the Classic Logo.

(Or by "two iterations", did you mean the 80's logo?)

We were seriously sold a bill of goods with that "Logo Change"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"OK everyone, here's the updated plan: we're going to use the same dominant uniform/jersey color that several other teams already use. That'll give us a fresh new identity that people will readily associate with our team."

Raiders, Steelers, Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, Bengals, Saints (not to mention alts for Philadelphia, Arizona, and more).

It'll be great when the Eagles go back to the Kelly green next year and this uniform is identical to the one the Jets seem to prefer:

4GKJ4TTXBJGXDANMB3SP2WQHN4.jpg

Green was only associated with the Jets for so long. So we're going to get away from it and Gang Green will give their alt-namesake color to the Eagles. 

Uniforms are the last thing on my mind when they're losing for basically a decade-straight, and if it meant winning a super bowl I'd be behind them wearing fuchsia jerseys with purple sequin pants & the names/numbers in silver glitter. But if I had to choose I'd like my team wearing green & white. Rooting for this team is an emotional thing (it's clearly not a rational one), and green/white uniforms is an emotional tie-in. 

But yeah just win an they could wear Dolphins teal & orange faik. OK maybe not that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

On 10/6/2022 at 1:14 PM, Bronx said:

Some said he would have been too expensive...nonsense.

Im not sold on Saleh, but I also dont want them to hire SP.  I expect LaFleur or Calabrese to be the next Jets HC if Saleh stumbles.  Especially if Wilson learns to play

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This is the only acceptable change. Any thing else would be wrong and pointless. 

This is not white “on black”. What is he talking about? Which ones are horrible , the top ones? If I have to ask…