Uniform Change Coming?

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I really like the current helmet, a lot.  I like the current white top with any version of the current pants.  I do not care for the green tops with the green helmets.  I’d like to see a green helmet, black tops, green pants combo.  I think that could look awesome. 

007CED44-89F1-4660-B130-2D3D88FF0532.jpeg

The more I look at this combo, the more I like it.  I’d like for them to ditch the current green jersey completely and make this the home uniform once the temps cool off. 

I still prefer all white to black pants when wearing the white jersey. 

They still need bring the white helmet back as a alternative in the future.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

As a fan I like the green jersey and I don't mind the black. White shirts/jerseys are just kinda boring IMO. That said, the two jerseys I own are white. ?‍♂️

I can 100% see why green jerseys are disadvantageous for the offense. Short of changing the team colors (is that even an option?) I don't see how the team completely avoids that problem. 

Just now, Dunnie said:

Why is everyone obsessed with a backwards facing jet ... design something new for crying out loud.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Many of us feel a very strong love of the 80's logo.

Just like many feel a similar love for the classic Namath-era logo.

The color green, and that 80's logo, are two big parts of what attracted young Warfish to become a Jets fan at such an early age.

I'm not against something new (there were several great ideas back when the web was speculating on the "change" we got).

But I'd also be just as happy wearing a 60's Logo White Helmet at Home, White Uniforms, and a 80's Logo Green Helmet, Green Jerseys/White Pants on the Road. 

I'm sure the NFL doesn't allow that, but it'd be perfect IMO.  Best of all worlds.

• Sympathy 2

Many of us feel a very strong love of the 80's logo.
Just like many feel a similar love for the classic Namath-era logo.
The color green, and that 80's logo, are two big parts of what attracted young Warfish to become a Jets fan at such an early age.
I'm not against something new (there were several great ideas back when the web was speculating on the "change" we got).
But I'd also be just as happy wearing a 60's Logo White Helmet at Home, White Uniforms, and a 80's Logo Green Helmet, Green Jerseys/White Pants on the Road. 
I'm sure the NFL doesn't allow that, but it'd be perfect IMO.  Best of all worlds.
I grew up on theb70s-80s Jets.. always hated that logo .. toneach their own

All white or green jerseys and white pants.  Green and black pants just look ridiculous - like a high school team.  I do not see the infatuation with black uniforms at all.  I understand that the young players like it, but I don't see why.  

Maybe Because you’re not young? Lol
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Why is everyone obsessed with a backwards facing jet ... design something new for crying out loud.

Because it succinctly represents the team name (An aerodynamic Jet) and the notion of speed (the drag line) in an abstract but also simple form. 

I love it and instantly recognize it as NY Jets - I’m was 80s kid and 90s teen - since that was their logo at the time. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Because it succinctly represents the team name (An aerodynamic Jet) and the notion of speed (the drag line) in an abstract but also simple form. 

I love it and instantly recognize it as NY Jets - I’m was 80s kid and 90s teen - since that was their logo at the time. 

I like it too, but it IS backwards. 

I get the nostalgia aspect .. but whoever designed that thing to be going backwards should.have been fired.

• WTF? 1

10 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Jets are refusing to wear their Green uniforms, saw something like that from the Rams and Browns before they changed uniforms.

Thank god we may be free from this trash uniforms

image.thumb.png.66aff2b4a30793bec5314f8d324a6f07.png

This is the 2nd game in a row they are wearing black pants with white jerseys. I know they are wearing all black with alternate helmets for three games this season. I like the black uniforms.

• Sympathy 1