Duane Brown good to go for Sunday

Rhg1084

So the question is....does AVT move to RT or back to G? Brown will most definitely get slotted at LT. Will Herbig get the nod at Guard? I'm assuming that's going to be the case. If Brown tweaks his shoulder during the game McDermott will step in to play RT and AVT will move back to LT. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So the question is....does AVT move to RT or back to G? Brown will most definitely get slotted at LT. Will Herbig get the nod at Guard? I'm assuming that's going to be the case. If Brown tweaks his shoulder during the game McDermott will step in to play RT and AVT will move back to LT. 

I would try AVT at RT given what he's been able to do so far. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I would think so.  Herbig better RG than McDumbass is RT IMHO.....

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Duane Brown saying he is good to go is not the same as the team saying he will start.

I mean he’s saying he’s good. He’s a 37 year old tackle we gave a $22m contract to. If he’s saying he’s good get out there and play and earn your money

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you can play LT, LG & RG you can probably play RT just fine. I'd put him a RT and see how it goes. If he fails miserably, slide him back inside to RG but it's hard to imagine that happening given what we've seen so far. 

He played LT his senior year at USC. While I don’t doubt he could handle the RT duties, I think it comes down to getting the best five guys out there. Is Herbig > McDermott? Is the difference between AVT and Herbig at guard > the difference between ATV and McDermott at RT? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

He played LT his senior year at USC. While I don’t doubt he could handle the RT duties, I think it comes down to getting the best five guys out there. Is Herbig > McDermott? Is the difference between AVT and Herbig at guard > the difference between ATV and McDermott at RT? 

I'd rather have a weaker link at G than T. Haven't rewatched w4 but I don't recall anything egregious from Herbig at RG?

The next question is, if Brown is activated, what is the corresponding roster move?

Putting Max Mitchell on IR seems to be the obvious choice.

But waiving someone like Lawrence Cager, Will Parks, Bryce Hall, or Mike White might be a possibility.  Would anyone claim Mike White?  Would he make it to the Practice Squad?  Denzel Mims seems less likely to be waived, but it could happen.....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The next question is, if Brown is activated, what is the corresponding roster move?

But waiving someone like Lawrence Cager, Will Parks, Bryce Hall, or Mike White might be a possibility.  Would anyone claim Mike White?  Would he make it to the Practice Squad?  Denzel Mims seems less likely to be waived, but it could happen.....

Pretty sure Mike white would start for the broncos 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Cager seems to be on the outs.  I could see him back to PS and waiving one of the fringiest guys on the PS.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Really hope he stays healthy for the rest of the season. I NEEEEED it. 

I assume AVT at RT if he's cool with it. Because AVT does wtf he wants. He's the boss of this OL. 

+1 on AVT’s second nickname being The Boss. He does WTF he wants. Lol.