Jets will be sorry when......

Fred Jetstone

Abraham with a big contract is like giving teenage boys keys to a Maserati and a cooler full of Bud.

It's not gonna work.

They play Carolina twice a year. As Fox did this year, watch the Cats carve up Abraham with the run for 200+ a game. He'll get a garbage time sack, and celebrate like a sugared-up 6-year old. That figures to happen, oh, 15 times next season. Yippee!

I am happy with what we got too.:)

Falcons will never make it to the Bowl with Vick at the helm.:yawn:

:yeahthat:

And yes, you guys should be happy. I mean, you moved up 14 slots in the first round and only gave up a late 3rd this year and a 4th in '07! That's a freaking steal if you ask me and I'm glad Atlanta will be the one to get hosed down after all is said and done.

Im very happy with this pick we got for Abe.

* Abe was franchised last yr and wasn't happy. He wasn't happy this yr and said openly he didn't want to play with the Jets anymore.

* Manigni & the guys in NE weren't very impressed with Abe coming in. Maybe it had something to do with running the ball 8 plays in a row and watching John Abraham be 7 yards deep trying to sack the QB,every single time.

* The best offer we got was from Seattle,the 31st pick. We got the 29th pick...2 picks higher.

* The Vikings only got a mid 2nd rd pick for Culpepper. Pro Bowl QB who was selected higher than Abraham. 11/13

The only other option was having a guy with serious character issues pissed off at the team and only playing for himself next season. How much effort is he gonna put in and for his new rookie HC ?

John Abraham got his money and I wish him well. I don't care if he ever registers another sack...but stay healthy and cash that paycheck. god bless America.

Hopefully we make the best of this pick but the simple fact we got a pick in the first rd for a guy with off the field problems and a someone who didn't want to be here is a coup,an absolute steal in my book.

Not to mention an extra 8 mil to work with.

Abe plays like a monster, leads the Foolcons to the 'Bowl and goes to Honolulu.

Shoulda got a top-ten pick for him.

That's my .02 cents

Too bad that will never become a reality. We got the best value we could off of him noone else through out better offers. I rather get a 1st rounder for him then lettin him walk away in free agency.

Abraham with a big contract is like giving teenage boys keys to a Maserati and a cooler full of Bud.

It's not gonna work.

They play Carolina twice a year. As Fox did this year, watch the Cats carve up Abraham with the run for 200+ a game. He'll get a garbage time sack, and celebrate like a sugared-up 6-year old. That figures to happen, oh, 15 times next season. Yippee!

POTW NOM

Abe will probably have 20 sacks..thats the way it goes..

Bottom line is we couldn't afford him...Id rather TRY and fill numerous positions than tie money up in abe...We will miss him..DEfintely need to find some kind of blitzing Linebacker.

the guy is a great player..and wanted to play with the jets had they shown him a long term loyalty based contract..

jets cant afford him..tomm many other holes...if it was a no brainer (Abe never missed a play and has 14 sacks a year) then they would sign him...

But the jets are losing their only playmaker on defese.

That's my .02 cents

...I agree with you darling. It didnt have to be top 10 but if they could give there #15 pick to the Broncos then why couldn't they give it to us?....I can understand why you give the pick to the Broncos...they didn't have the player they were going crazy for the Jets did....but oh well it's said and done now. I think we will be sorry when we see how weak that pass rush is gonna be on the left side I believe. But I'll just wish John the best of luck in Atlanta and may God Bless him. He was really a good guy and a decent person I wish people could meet him and really see the person he is and the ambition, pride and determination he really embodied. We'll always have SC State Abe...Good Luck.

It's not gonna work.

ya, panthers are not worried about this trade,,

misdirection runs at him is the MO on Abe in the league.

That's my .02 cents

Really? Easy enough to say, now tell me the top ten team in the draft that was actually willing to do that?

Here's the one thing I never understood about ABraham-Edwards, for all his faults, gave this guy every chance, allowed him to blow off conditioning, put up with him not developing anything close to technique to the point that his run play was a joke, indulged him at every turn, tolerated every off the field misstep and supported him without question, didn't poormouth him during his holdout, put up with the nonsense he pulled in playoff games. Never a cross word. And yet even with as accomodating a coach as Edwards was, Abraham was still perpetually unhappy. Get the impression that while Abraham is happy right now, give it a few months and he'll find a reason to think somebody in the Falcons FO or CS is screwing him and he's being dissed.

There's some people in life that no matter what are always unhappy. Abraham is one of those people. For him to act outraged when, had the Jets kept him, he would've pocketed close to $15 million for 2 seasons is just the latest example. You can change the scenery but you cannot change his sour personality. Good riddance.

Yeah, yeah but....I just have this weird feeling that he's going to revert to serious sack form, and not just dive-at-the-ankles-sacks, but chase-the-guy-down-and-jump-on-his-back-like-he-did-to-fiedler-when-fiedler-was-with-the-dolphins-style-sacks.

What's done is done though so draft Davin Joseph with the #29th and move forward.

Yeah, yeah but....I just have this weird feeling that he's going to revert to serious sack form, and not just dive-at-the-ankles-sacks, but chase-the-guy-down-and-jump-on-his-back-like-he-did-to-fiedler-when-fiedler-was-with-the-dolphins-style-sacks.

What's done is done though so draft Davin Joseph with the #29th and move forward.

Doesn't really matter even if he does that, cause he was never going to do it here if we kept him.

That's my .02 cents

That sounds cute. Now time for reality.

Name me the team that offered a pick higher than 29 to The Jets for John Abraham. NAME THE TEAM.

If you can show me where the better offer was, I'll praise your opinion.

That sounds cute. Now time for reality.

Name me the team that offered a pick higher than 29 to The Jets for John Abraham. NAME THE TEAM.

If you can show me where the better offer was, I'll praise your opinion.

it will come out wait and see the Jets waited too long and got stuck taking whatever they could get in the end.

it will come out wait and see the Jets waited too long and got stuck taking whatever they could get in the end.

What will come out that The Texans offered The Jets the first pick in the draft?

The Browns called The Jets to offer Kellen Winslow Jr and their 12th pick for John Abraham but The Jets phone lines were busy because we don't have call waiting.

You guys are silly.

Please, I beg of you people to deal with the facts.

That's my .02 cents

I agree - the Jets should have forced Atlanta (since they wouldn't give up their 15th) to exchange picks with one of the top 10 teams in exchange for mid round picks - then Atlanta would give the top ten pick to the Jets.

OK, you've asked what teams with a top ten would have bit on an Abe for a 1st, and I'll tell ya.

Here are the teams we should have been rapping with:

GREEN BAY PACKERS - in desperate need of a pass rush, would love John "the second coming of Reggie White" Abraham to suit up for them. Compensation, 5th overall pick.

OAKLAND RAIDERS - they love alcoholics, Abe would look right in that uni and fit in well, Davis is eccentric enough to do anything. Compensation, 6th overall.

DETROIT LIONS - an inside source of mine says they were ripe for an Abe/3rd round pick for Harrington/9th overall pick swap.

However, no use crying over spilled milk. Just don't move up for Leinart. Go all o-line. These picks in this order.

1) D'Brick

2) Mangold

3) Davin Joseph

That's my million-dollar opinion, take it or leave!

ya he will,,,BUT,,, he will also be run at like always and the 2 sacks he gets a game will be offset by the 1st down teams get by running at him

OK, you've asked what teams with a top ten would have bit on an Abe for a 1st, and I'll tell ya.

Here are the teams we should have been rapping with:

GREEN BAY PACKERS - in desperate need of a pass rush, would love John "the second coming of Reggie White" Abraham to suit up for them. Compensation, 5th overall pick.

OAKLAND RAIDERS - they love alcoholics, Abe would look right in that uni and fit in well, Davis is eccentric enough to do anything. Compensation, 6th overall.

DETROIT LIONS - an inside source of mine says they were ripe for an Abe/3rd round pick for Harrington/9th overall pick swap.

However, no use crying over spilled milk. Just don't move up for Leinart. Go all o-line. These picks in this order.

1) D'Brick

2) Mangold

3) Davin Joseph

That's my million-dollar opinion, take it or leave!

our front office isnt stupid (anymore),,,

i am sure they broached this with those teams,,

if henderson couldnt convince detroit tha ttells u somethin,,

green bay doesnt like turds,,,

oakland likes to use top10 picks on offense

That's my .02 cents

keep your .02 cents, the last time i check there was only one team with a top ten pick that was interested in abe and that was the raiders.The most they were offering was there 2nd rounder. Now the last time i check the only way we could get a top ten pick was to trade him to a team with a top ten pick! I HOPE THIS CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRADE! (REMEMBER IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO)

Archived