Breece Hall is a monster.

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Best draft at this point in Jets history 

It doesn’t even matter how bad 2020 was or if Zach busts. This draft is the type of franchise altering draft that we dreamed of. You can see the potential already and it’s not just hope. It’s already happening. It’s incredible to have such amazing young talent like this finally with most of it come into form ONE draft. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’d take this draft over 06. Combine both drafts then you’d have something. 
Brick

Mangold

Washington

Wilson

Sauce

Hall

Yeah, a really good LT, a great C, and a couple other part-time non-starters doesn't nearly trump 3 playmaking starters panning out so far, with a very real possibility of at least 1 more, plus what looks like a  starting RT and whatever he, Ruckert, & Clemons may grow into. 

If it just ends up with only those 3 starting and the rest are more supporting roles of guys on/off the field & special teams (like B.Smith & Leon), this is already a better draft class. There may very well be 5-7 starters from this group.

The class to compare it to is the 2000 class that had 5 starters (3 of them probowlers). Two on the DL, a starting QB, a ~1000-yard/year WR, and a TE who didn't live up to his draft slot but was an excellent blocker even though he was meh as a receiver. 

They're only 5 weeks in, so we can't assess their careers just yet. But it's easy to get excited about a talented draft class like this. Funny thing is people were cursing it as SOJ bad luck to have two top 10 picks in what was billed as a weak top 10 class. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, a really good LT, a great C, and a couple other part-time non-starters doesn't nearly trump 3 playmaking starters panning out so far, with a very real possibility of at least 1 more, plus what looks like a  starting RT and whatever he, Ruckert, & Clemons may grow into. 

If it just ends up with only those 3 starting and the rest are more supporting roles of guys on/off the field & special teams (like B.Smith & Leon), this is already a better draft class. There may very well be 5-7 starters from this group.

The class to compare it to is the 2000 class that had 5 starters (3 of them probowlers). Two on the DL, a starting QB, a ~1000-yard/year WR, and a TE who didn't live up to his draft slot but was an excellent blocker even though he was meh as a receiver. 

They're only 5 weeks in, so we can't assess their careers just yet. But it's easy to get excited about a talented draft class like this. Funny thing is people were cursing it as SOJ bad luck to have two top 10 picks in what was billed as a weak top 10 class. 

After watching the game the first thing my friend said to me is how are they going to be able to resign all of them. My response was it’s a good problem to have. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

After watching the game the first thing my friend said to me is how are they going to be able to resign all of them. My response was it’s a good problem to have. 

Lol yep.

Cross that bridge when they get to it, but if there's at least one they just can't fit they can always trade a year before losing to FA (or tag & trade) to recoup other high pick(s) and try to double/triple up again.

Also if Zach plays out his rookie deal but just isn't worth a huge extension, that'll clear up two starter contracts at other positions as they try to draft another.

But really I'm not giving any more thought to it now than that. This should be a core they use to win a super bowl. They do that I could suffer through the rest of my life of them sucking again and die a happy Jets fan.

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes I did. You for the "unfairly" part. You have been unfairly critical of him. I'm a Douglas critic as well. But I criticize him for errors he makes not for injuries or thing out of his control and I recognize the many things you pretend to be unaware of or ignore. Like fixing the front office and power structure 

Nonsense.

The only injuries I've held against him were the crocks and Becton - I was holding that against him before the injury happened because it was all too predictable that he would flame out. I have actually said he was very unlucky with Lawson but the likes of Vinny Curry? Not so much. 

I have been harsh on Douglas because his record on the field has been been abysmal and his recruitment has been mixed at best - The 2022 class looks like a complete hit that will change things and he'll deserve all the credit for that just like he deserved the criticism for 2020 being a wash out.

This season has gone about as well as anyone could hope for and yesterday was by far the best showing of Douglas' players - We're on track for now. I wanted competitive games in November and it's looking like we may finally get that. 

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He should have had a three touch down game. They robbed him after he breaks it to the one yard line twice. Glad he got one, but I thought that was dirty. I know they want Carter to contribute but why take halls tds. That sucks man.

Because when you run 79 yards to the one you come out for a blow.  Should be expected.

12 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I’ve been critical of Douglas and I’m always wary of jumping the gun on players early but the 2022 draft looks like a best case scenario type at the minute.

We could conceivably have the DROY and have a couple of guys in the running for OROY.

When you criticize every move before enough games are played to get a true reading that’s what happens.  Bitching about the HC, the QB, the GM and all their players and this will happen

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I wont lie, as much as I loved Hall as a prospect, I didnt think taking a RB that high was worth it for a team w/ so many needs.  I was all about Pierce late but so freaking happy to be wrong about that one.  Hall is awesome and just a very enjoyable player to root for this day in age.  Great attitude, I love the relationship him and Carter have, you can tell they really enjoy playing together and sharing in the glory.

Laughed at the end of the game, CBS went to a split screen , one focused on Hall smiling talking to Carter the other was Carter smiling talking to Hall.

• Upvote 1