Zach spreading the ball around positive or negative?

yvj

Zach spreading the ball around like he did today  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

• I liked it-we should spread it around like this
    • I didn't like it-we need to feed the ball to specific guys
    • Trick question: Zach's not even throwing nearly enough

Everybody (excluding conklin) has gotten a touch but, correct me if I'm wrong, no one has more than 3 catches. Now, we won, so it worked out for the best. I'm not complaining but, I am curious about what others think. Is Zach spreading the ball around a good thing or should certain guys get more focus/targets?

• Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, yvj said:

Everybody (excluding conklin) has gotten a touch but, correct me if I'm wrong, no one has more than 3 catches. Now, we won, so it worked out for the best. I'm not complaining but, I am curious about what others think. Is Zach spreading the ball around a good thing or should certain guys get more focus/targets?

The teams don't play for fantasy points.  A completion is a completion.  A completion is positive yards.  

That said, we could use that go to guy when the game is on the line.

Right now, I'd say that is Davis.

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

How in the world should this ever be a negative? 

Ideally, I agree with you, but devil's advocate if you consider Moore or Wilson to be elite talents, would it be unreasonable to argue they should get more looks/touches?

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Spreading it around is never a bad thing.

With that said, I would like to see more effective work to Moore and G.Wilson.  So far in 2022, they've been underutilized for the talent.

We'll see as time goes on.

Moore needs to catch the god dammed ball. He needs to step up and start making the difficult plays, way too often it’s “so close” with Moore 

I thought Zach managed the game well today and we got the win.  That’s what matters.  Having said that it seems to me that he doesn’t get a lot of trust with the play calling. Maybe it’s because we are still worried about the O line but can we at least go deep a few times per game to take advantage of his arm and to keep the receivers engaged   And since half of deep balls result in PI if he tries two one should yield  a 30-40 yard penalty   Even Miami tried it a few times with their 3rd string quarterback.   I know Zach is not Josh Allen at this time but they have that guy chucking it deep every game and the receivers are making big plays for him.   We call a game like our sphincter is puckered up and it’s getting pretty frustrating.

• Upvote 2

Spreading the ball around is very positively correlated to successful QBs. They have 3-5 targets on every pass play it’s his job to quickly approximate which is in position to best achieve success and deliver the ball where it needs to be.

• Upvote 2