Believe

Maxman

On 10/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, T0mShane said:

A drunk guy on this website said he loved me but was going to stick empty Zima bottles in the butts of all haters.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, T0mShane said:

I will not be naming this person. I am not a rat.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, TBJ said:

Is he a Jets in FL fan?

On 10/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, T0mShane said:

You ain’t gonna break me, copper

image.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.pngimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.pngimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.pngimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.pngimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.png

Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitalsimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.pngimage.png.9dbdacec2bea5b2fef639272b29e43dc.png

I didn't become a Jets fan to believe.  I became a Jets fan because my personal life is far better than I deserve.   Rooting for your team should be torture.  Your guts should be churning, finger nails bit down to the nub, your marriage on the rocks for 3 hours.   Belief is for pussies.  Win or lose I'm in it for the personal turmoil.  I consider it a 3 hour cleansing every week that allows me to feel I deserve the life I'm living.    If the Jets actually win the VLT I might have to join a monastary and recalibrate completely.  

Thank you Joe Douglas!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

@slats  Dedicating this great song by John to the rest of the 2022 NY Jets season.

Great one, M13.  Since watching The Greatest Beer Run Ever this past weekend, I've had this one running non-stop in my head.  It's theme is heard throughout the great flick.  Kinda clicks with this thread and season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 8:40 PM, Maxman said:

Good things can happen.

We are allowed to have nice things.

Not every day is a bad one.

Believe.

Remember when I was all like, believe?

Then the Jets beat the Bills and had this amazing first half of the year?  Ah, good times.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Actual serious question...

If you didn't believe in the Jets before the Bills game, did that one change your mind?

Hell yeah Max....Of course, I have been holding out because everytime I actually allow myself to believe the other shoe ultimately drops..but why not now...why not us.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If you didn't believe in the Jets before the Bills game, did that one change your mind?

I believed they were a good team before and even better now.  

I think I just need to see the Jets get over the mental block that is the rats.  I need to see ZW responding to his fairly good game with at least equally good play or hopefully a step forward. 

If I see that. I'll believe alright,  believe we have a shot at being in the AFCC this year. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

The funny thing was that I was starting to believe and then Breece and AVT got hurt.  I thought the season was over because those were our 2 best players at the time.  Then the Buffalo game happened and our OL played great and MC and JR are both talented RBs.  And GW (and ZW) stepped up.  Plus Corey Davis is coming back along with Max Mitchell and George Fant.  And Eli Moore is a wildcard.

After that impressive win over Buffalo, I don't see why we can't beat any team in the NFL now.  Once you have that, you're a contender.