Alright: Where Are We At On Bob Saleh?

2 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

I think people will be more willing to give him the benefit of doubt. But it's still a short leash. A 3 game or more losing streak and things will get ugly again. I don't see it. I think we are a .500 team at the very least.  

Wins are tough to come by in the NFL and they all count but I’m very interested how this team looks against an opponent close to full strength. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

From the things I've heard the last few weeks, his players loved the "receipts" comment. The players love their coach, and they seem to be building a legit brotherhood. 

Saleh came into a nothing situation last year. So far, so good. JD's moves are going to be a big part of his success.

good to hear.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

I was ready to kill the guy after the "receipts" comment.

NYC was just about ready to turn on the guy.

Where does Bob stand now with the fan base and the city after a 3-2 start with a lot of upside?

As long as he keeps winning games he will be loved. Right now he is on a better path than previously.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

I was ready to kill the guy after the "receipts" comment.

NYC was just about ready to turn on the guy.

Where does Bob stand now with the fan base and the city after a 3-2 start with a lot of upside?

Same place as before all the yapping on this board. 

I like him and think he is worth the 3 years to prove himself.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wins are tough to come by in the NFL and they all count but I’m very interested how this team looks against an opponent close to full strength. 

Like the Jets are full strength after losing like 10 tackles. Give me a break with this crap. Injuries are part of the game. Is anyone giving the Jets a pass that they have lost both their starting LT and RT? SOJF

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Like the Jets are full strength after losing like 10 tackles. Give me a break with this crap. Injuries are part of the game. Is anyone giving the Jets a pass that they have lost both their starting LT and RT? SOJF

You’re illogically angry at this comment.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Nobody’s defense is better against a noodle-armed third string rookie quarterback than Bob Saleh’s, I will give you that. 

Jets have three wins against backups. They all count and happy to have them but will be interesting to see what the coming weeks hold.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last week I demanded that we see something more sustainable than the prior wins and the team delivered.  Kudos to the entire coaching staff.

I am still firmly in the camp that Douglas is chiefly responsible for what we’re seeing on the field of late but you don’t blow out a divisional foe without outcoaching the opposition too.

I like what I’m seeing.  Now keep going.  

How dare your views change as the team performs differently? You big smelly hypocrite.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

We were without our starting QB for 3 games and we’ve lost 4 OTs. NFL teams are often not full strength. Anyway I think the Packers are pretty healthy so you’ll get your wish next week.  

Just now, docdhc said:

We were without our starting QB for 3 games and we’ve lost 4 OTs. NFL teams are often not full strength. Anyway I think the Packers are pretty healthy so you’ll get your wish next week.  

Yep. It is at least slightly interesting that our 3 wins are against backups. Here’s hoping we can whack the Pack.

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

big win for him

If there's one team that shouldn't have to apologize about winning against backup QBs, it's us.

We haven't had the same QB start all 16 (or 17) games in a season since 2015. 

Plenty of 3rd string QB moments in there for us

All wins count the same. I’m not even talking about the Qb. I’d like to see Saleh’s defense go toe to toe with a legit QB.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re illogically angry at this comment.

No I'm angry at a typical SOJF comment, lol. Tell me this, do you think the Jets are full strength on the OL? You know where games are typically lost in the trenches? I'm sure that this isn't excusable though for a SOJF. 

Rant Over

But I will say this: I really can't understand why Jets fans can't enjoy a great win like this without whining about something else, or making excuses for the win, or making excuses for they can't win their next game.

It's pretty sad really

• Sympathy 1