Ammendola misses game tying FG

WowOhWow

Just now, JohnnyD said:

Unbelievably stupid clock management by the Cardinals. Maybe the worst i have ever seen. They spiked the ball twice within three plays with plenty of time on the clock to kick a 43 yard field goal with :22 seconds left. They deserved to lose that game.

Sent from my SM-S908U using JetNation.com mobile app

Did they hire Herm Edwards as their clock manager?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Unbelievably stupid clock management by the Cardinals. Maybe the worst i have ever seen. They spiked the ball twice within three plays to kick a 43 yard field goal with :22 seconds left. They deserved to lose that game.

Sent from my SM-S908U using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Murray got confused or something.  Thought he had a 1st down when they didn’t and spiked it…. Not sure tho.

22 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ammendola is awful, I have no idea why some around here were so infatuated with him.  The guy cannot hit a thing outside of 40 yards, this is nothing new.

I saw the end of that game.  They had footage of Ammendola in warm-ups...TODAY.

They showed him lining up and trying the SAME kick he had to make with all the chips on the table when it was for real today.

Warm-ups....1st kick....Wide Right...2nd kick....Wide Right....3rd kick....Wide Right.....then to the real action, I tell myself "Watch this sh*t".....and sure enough, Wide Right....putting it in the EXACT same location as he did multiple times in practice.

If he's still on AZ's squad after tomorrow I'll think he has some strange pictures of the coach.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ammendola is awful, I have no idea why some around here were so infatuated with him.  The guy cannot hit a thing outside of 40 yards, this is nothing new.

Big Leg Syndrome just like Big arm Syndrome neither wins games if you can't actually play the game.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I saw the end of that game.  They had footage of Ammendola in warm-ups...TODAY.

They showed him lining up and trying the SAME kick he had to make with all the chips on the table when it was for real today.

Warm-ups....1st kick....Wide Right...2nd kick....Wide Right....3rd kick....Wide Right.....then to the real action, I tell myself "Watch this sh*t".....and sure enough, Wide Right....putting it in the EXACT same location as he did multiple times in practice.

If he's still on AZ's squad after tomorrow I'll think he has some strange pictures of the coach.

There is something to be said for consistency.

I had az on the ml so I knew exactly what was going to happen

11 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Didn’t he also miss one for another teAm earlier this year?  Chiefs maybe??

Yep...it was the Chiefs @ Indy.  Missed an extra point and a 34 yard field goal.

Reid had so little confidence in him that they tried a fake FG early in the 4th on a 4th and 11 from the 24, instead of trying the 41 yarder.

One of the main reasons why the Chiefs lost that game 20-17.  (Chiefs also muffed a punt at 4, giving the Colts a 1st and goal that the Colts still took 3 plays to convert).

As you can tell by my detailed memory, I had money on the Chiefs in that game.

• Haha 1

That Murray contract smells like a massive turd to me.  At his best, he's just good enough to win a few games but not nearly good enough to beat the best teams.  He self-admittedly cannot see over his linemen.  Can you just imagine what Quinnen would do to him if he gets his hands on him?

Call him a poor-man's Lamar, or a poor-man's Russ, but any way you look at it, he has never shown that he's as smart as those guys on the field.  And even those 4 hours/week of homework aren't going to change that.

I have no beef with ARI or KK, but I feel like every time a team rolls over on a huge, record-setting contract to a 'often-good-but-not-often-great' player, they set football back as a whole.  Paying Murray like he's Mahomes/Allen was possibly franchise-shattering.  We'll see...

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That Murray contract smells like a massive turd to me.  At his best, he's just good enough to win a few games but not nearly good enough to beat the best teams.  He self-admittedly cannot see over his linemen.  Can you just imagine what Quinnen would do to him if he gets his hands on him?

Call him a poor-man's Lamar, or a poor-man's Russ, but any way you look at it, he has never shown that he's as smart as those guys on the field.  And even those 4 hours/week of homework aren't going to change that.

I have no beef with ARI or KK, but I feel like every time a team rolls over on a huge, record-setting contract to a 'often-good-but-not-often-great' player, they set football back as a whole.  Paying Murray like he's Mahomes/Allen was possibly franchise-shattering.  We'll see...

I think Ari is just not very good. Murray has made some games harder to win with turnovers but generally  it's  not all his fault. 

57 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Ari is just not very good. Murray has made some games harder to win with turnovers but generally  it's  not all his fault. 

But that is why you are paying a guy 50 gazillion at QB.  He is supposed to be so good he overcomes other issues.  

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

But that is why you are paying a guy 50 gazillion at QB.  He is supposed to be so good he overcomes other issues.  

I think Murray is worth keeping and that is what you have to do now to keep a QB. Don't  blame Murray for the economics of the NFL at the QB position. We are going to have to do something similar with Zach in 2 more years.