I've seen some pretty wild conspiracy theories as it pertains to the Jets, but these Dolpins fans...LOL

AFJF

Christ, I WISH I rooted for a team I knew the fix was in on. I understand people being frustrated by the concussion stuff and that's what happens when you're a fan of a league run by dipsh*ts with money.

There are CLEARLY calls made for certain players and certain teams. If you disagree you need to pay better attention. That said, the New York Jets are nobody's darling and do not get the calls. It's a division game, take the L and hope to get us back next time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It’s pretty obvious the new rule cost them Teddy’s return.

Had that happened to us, we’d have been pissed too.

But given the new rule is entirely the Phins fault for mishandling Tua, it’s hard to feel for them on this one.

Make no mistake tho, these new rules are going to be a problem.

I don’t think it will be that much different.

Zach and berrios both had multiple head shots and were slow to get up and weren’t pulled.

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But given the new rule is entirely the Phins fault for mishandling Tua, it’s hard to feel for them on this one.

This, if the they sent Teddy B. back out there and something tragic happened, they would have to excavate McDaniel from the league. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could just be the hit looked different & during the testing there wasn't an identical response from the player. Not to mention they mentioned during the broadcast that Bridgewater had 2 known concussions last season & they're justifiably more cautious in those circumstances.

Agreed.  Though I definitely think what happened with Tua last week affected things too.  Could you imagine how horrible it would look for the NFL if TB5 came back and then had an injury (a la what happened to Tua)?  I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell personally made the call that TB5 wasn't coming back in the game.  Far too much money at stake to risk it.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure there are conspiracy nut Phins fans (they exist in every fanbase), but I don't see how the Tweet posted by OP feeds said conspiracy. Seems more like a fan venting frustration at what appears -- to him/her -- to be an inconsistent application of a new and unclear policy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We don't  even know it was the concussion protocol that kept him out and it wasn't the elbow. Have the Fins released medical evaluation? 

I didn't see it on the playback, but apparently Bridgewater stumbled after the hit. Once they stumble they are ruled out. This is what I heard, anyway. Maybe Cam Akers didn't stumble. Either way, I would rather a team be safe with the players.

It looked like Bridgewater banged up his throwing arm as well, so might have been pulled anyway.

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We don't  even know it was the concussion protocol that kept him out and it wasn't the elbow. Have the Fins released medical evaluation? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-qb-teddy-bridgewater-jets-elbow-head-injury

Miami said during the game that Bridgewater wouldn't return due to the concussion protocol.

Bridgewater passed the tests administered by doctors. However, due to the new concussion protocols agreed to on Saturday, which added ataxia to the "no-go" list, and what the ATC spotter saw, Bridgewater was ruled out, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported on Sunday. In their joint statement on Saturday, the NFL and NFLPA said ataxia "is defined as abnormality of balance/stability, motor coordination or dysfunctional speech caused by a neurological issue."

• Upvote 1

Might have to expand rosters for game day.  Or just have an ample supply of replacement brains ready to go. 

2128891896-tumblr_m5hincnqKC1rxspito1_50

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

I don’t think it will be that much different.

Zach and berrios both had multiple head shots and were slow to get up and weren’t pulled.

But the new threshold is insanely low.  Two docs reportedly cleared Teddy to return but the new protocol allowed them to be overruled by somebody who apparently said he didn't like the way Bridgewater stood up.  I mean, you can take a shot and be little woozy for a second without having a concussion.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It definitely did, but people in that thread are suggesting the new protocol was put in place to specifically be used against the Dolphins and they want to know why any other player in the NFL was allowed to return to a game after taking a hit.

33 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It definitely did, but people in that thread are suggesting the new protocol was put in place to specifically be used against the Dolphins and they want to know why any other player in the NFL was allowed to return to a game after taking a hit.

Aye, that's the conspiracy side, which is laughable of course.

Equal application (like so much of the NFL) WILL be an issue.

For example, what did the so-called spotter see when Berrios scored his TD and took that rough helmet-to-helmet hit, then clearly couldn't stand for like 3 minutes, waving away his teammates who were trying to celebrate with him?  Was the air knocked out of him?  Or was it ataxia but Berrios was on it enough to know not to stand up?  We fans will never know.

All I'm saying is, well intentioned as this new version of the protocol is, it has the potential for serious unequal application, and the potential to have serious effect on games in cases where no real, actual concussion has occurred.  

• Upvote 1

The Dolphins chose beating the Bills over the health of their franchise QB and now they have to deal with the fallout of that choice. They can stfu and take the L

Had they pulled Tua when he was clearly concussed instead of lying about a ‘back injury’ they would’ve had him yesterday

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

In their defense, I could see the league being extra cautious with another QB in the fish’s uniform. If Teddy came back in and got his bell wrung a second time -a distinct possibility- it would’ve been a terrible look for the league. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm with you on the tin-foil hats thing, but this was a pretty interesting comparison.  I'd be pissed about this if I was them.

I was gonna bring that one up, too. ****ing Brady always getting the calls. That terrible call might’ve been the difference between the Falcons winning and losing. 

Aye, that's the conspiracy side, which is laughable of course.

Equal application (like so much of the NFL) WILL be an issue.

For example, what did the so-called spotter see when Berrios scored his TD and took that rough helmet-to-helmet hit, then clearly couldn't stand for like 3 minutes, waving away his teammates who were trying to celebrate with him?  Was the air knocked out of him?  Or was it ataxia but Berrios was on it enough to know not to stand up?  We fans will never know.

All I'm saying is, well intentioned as this new version of the protocol is, it has the potential for serious unequal application, and the potential to have serious effect on games in cases where no real, actual concussion has occurred.  

Yup, and as the saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm with you on the tin-foil hats thing, but this was a pretty interesting comparison.  I'd be pissed about this if I was them.

That was a textbook tackle of Brady, and we all know JetsQB’s have been hit as above and no call 

3 hours ago, DLJ said:

The Dolphins chose beating the Bills over the health of their franchise QB and now they have to deal with the fallout of that choice. They can stfu and take the L

Had they pulled Tua when he was clearly concussed instead of lying about a ‘back injury’ they would’ve had him yesterday