First Complete Game in Years

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I get that people feel for Hall's TDs getting vultured, but after a longer sprint/run the right move is to put in fresh legs if you're running it on the next play. Even from the 1, and yes both times.

Especially after the first one; he'd just run a 70-yard sprint. There's no reason to have him on the field taking a handoff on the very next play.

The one after that he first ran outside then ran 22 yards after reaching the LOS first. What is that, 40 total yards sprinting? Yeah, he comes off the field on the next play. Fresh legs.

That they scored both times only validates doing so.

Hall was great today, but the important thing was winning not getting him more fantasy football points.

I agree completely. I don't think that Hall after such an extraordinary game is disappointed that his colleague was able to score after hus effort. Considering that these stats are no longer the most reliable indicator of a players value, I don't believe that he thinks that this reflects on him negatively. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I get that people feel for Hall's TDs getting vultured, but after a longer sprint/run the right move is to put in fresh legs if you're running it on the next play. Even from the 1, and yes both times.

Especially after the first one; he'd just run a 70-yard sprint. There's no reason to have him on the field taking a handoff on the very next play.

The one after that he first ran outside then ran 22 yards after reaching the LOS first. What is that, 40 total yards sprinting? Yeah, he comes off the field on the next play. Fresh legs.

Hall was great today, but the important thing was winning not getting him more fantasy football points.

I kind of felt the same way on the 79 yard run but not the other I was more complaining about running Carter between the tackles. Carter should be attacking the outside more IMHO. At one point Carter was 8-19 running the ball and that is not the best way to utilize his talents.

And just to be clear I couldn't give as sh*t less about Fantasy points nor do I judge a player in that capacity. 

6 hours ago, ACourseinMiracles said:

Sauce is a total p*ssy when it comes to tackling.

Revis was a complete DB.

Then you never watched most of Revis’ career.  
EDIT:  my stupid mix up of words way to early this morning.  My bad.  
Revis was great at playing the run and tackling early in his career.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Get mad at him all you want. He's right.

He doesn't like contacting the ball carrier - A blindside shot on an exposed QB doesn't change that. On the play where Hill ran a reverse Sauce had done all the hard work, tracked Hill down perfectly and then just doesn't attempt a tackle. The "tackle" where the Miami RB almost got into the endzone was pretty embarrassing. A light nudge. It's happening every week.

Being good enough in coverage will allow for it but he's making business decisions out there. 

He also has only played 5 games. Give him a chance to get stronger and more experienced and his tackling may improve. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He also has only played 5 games. Give him a chance to get stronger and more experienced and his tackling may improve. 

And if he does he will get credit for it.

He can only be judged on what he's doing on the field, for better or worse. He's earned the acclaim for his coverage but pretending his tackling has been anything but awful is just wilful ignorance. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Get mad at him all you want. He's right.

He doesn't like contacting the ball carrier - A blindside shot on an exposed QB doesn't change that. On the play where Hill ran a reverse Sauce had done all the hard work, tracked Hill down perfectly and then just doesn't attempt a tackle. The "tackle" where the Miami RB almost got into the endzone was pretty embarrassing. A light nudge. It's happening every week.

Being good enough in coverage will allow for it but he's making business decisions out there. 

Good.

If I’m Saleh I don’t want my WR or CB taking or making big shots… asking for injuries.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Going to be completely fair here.

there were times during this game that I was doubting Zach and wondering if he simply does not match the talent around him.

instead of rushing to judgement I thought about it after the game and realized Zach did exactly what he was supposed to do given how the game was unfolding.

he did not need to throw for 300 yards or hit 70 yard bombs down the field.

he needed to manage what he had and let a run game dominate.

I think for me when he scrambles and makes a crazy throw that completes that is exciting however, it should not be the norm.

The way he handled yesterday was exactly what was needed and is a clear sign of growth.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

While there was a lot to be excited about in the win from individual efforts, coaching and the team’s overall performance, i am by far most excited by zach wilson. He is comfortable in the offense, played within himself, made the right decisions, threw accurate balls, hung in the pocket, took sacks rather than try to make something out of nothing and was, most importantly, nearly invisible while he allowed his playmakers, O line and D win the game and his teammates continue to laud him for his leadership.

All of this after being the hero in Pitt and winning the game with his arm in the 4th quarter. This is big, very big. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yesterday was not a complete game.  The passing offense was not very good.  Now we didnt really need it so it didnt matter.  But if we want to win next week in GB, we are going to have to play a complete game.

I think it is coming.

How exactly was the passing game not very good? 67% completion rate, 10 yards per attempt. Are you unhappy with the 21 attempts? When exactly did they run the ball when you though they should’ve thrown it?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Going to be completely fair here.

there were times during this game that I was doubting Zach and wondering if he simply does not match the talent around him.

instead of rushing to judgement I thought about it after the game and realized Zach did exactly what he was supposed to do given how the game was unfolding.

he did not need to throw for 300 yards or hit 70 yard bombs down the field.

he needed to manage what he had and let a run game dominate.

I think for me when he scrambles and makes a crazy throw that completes that is exciting however, it should not be the norm.

The way he handled yesterday was exactly what was needed and is a clear sign of growth.

Not sure if you saw Saleh's comment right before the game but he said all they are asking of Zach was to go out and execute with in the system, play under control and go be special 3-4 times a game.  That's exactly what he did.  Played within himself, didnt force anything, made a few special plays, including the head first scramble for a TD, 80 yard big play, 9 first downs through the air and boom!, The Jets dominated.

• Upvote 4

I’m a huge fan of what Sauce has brought as a rookie corner, but he’s got to do a lot to be in a conversation with Revis.

I’d get questioning giving Carter goal line touches if he didn’t convert…but he did. He’s been decent between the tackles. Kind of hides behind the line, finds the hole, and squirts around. Hall’s bread and butter is getting off tackle and using that long speed IMO, neither guy is really a pounder. They’re a really fun 1-2 punch.

This was a good game but I wouldn’t say complete, the passing game was solid and the numbers looked good but they were able to keep it pretty vanilla and didn’t have to get the receivers involved too much. Eight catches for 86 yards to five different receivers. It’s fine, they were effective, it was an awesome win, and I’m glad they did what they needed to do to win, but that aspect of the team really didn’t need to show much.

That said, I’ve thought for a while that this team is built to play in close games or with leads and we’d see a big shift in competitiveness if they were able to get to that point, and I think this game was in that realm.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How exactly was the passing game not very good? 67% completion rate, 10 yards per attempt. Are you unhappy with the 21 attempts? When exactly did they run the ball when you though they should’ve thrown it?

To me it was sub par.  Tight ends and receivers were not really involved.

A complete game to me is is when we are firing on all cylinders.  And when ur not involving your pass catchers, its hard to say we are firing on all cylindars.

Again though, we really didnt need it so it didnt matter.  But I need my wrs/te to be more involved if im marking it in the complete game category.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

Thank you!

Love Revis but I don’t know if he was playing at a higher level than Sauce is after 5 GAMES in his rookie season!

Jets fans find a way to criticize everyone on their own team! :( 

Is Sauce Night Train Lane out there as far as tackling goes?????? NO!!!!!!!!

But give him more than a week and chance to grow and develop….

Guys criticizing Sauce!!!!

Good Grief!!!! :( 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Not sure if you saw Saleh's comment right before the game but he said all they are asking of Zach was to go out and execute with in the system, play under control and go be special 3-4 times a game.  That's exactly what he did.  Played within himself, didnt force anything, made a few special plays, including the head first scramble for a TD, 80 yard big play, 9 first downs through the air and boom!, The Jets dominated.

Did not hear or see it but yes it is exactly what he did.

very encouraging.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And Hall still scored 25 FF points which is nothing to cry about.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I will give a different perspective on this but I do believe the way the jets handled both scores and players utilized was correct.

I had breece anytime td scorer so of course on both of those plays I want him to get the ball so I win a bet and the jets score.

I only bring this up because just like fantasy has changed the way fans react to games, so does gambling and the accessibility to it.

I do not believe in any way that gambling or fantasy enters the mind of coaches in anyway ( Jerome boger excluded) but from fans, times are changing.

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

To me it was sub par.  Tight ends and receivers were not really involved.

A complete game to me is is when we are firing on all cylinders.  And when ur not involving your pass catchers, its hard to say we are firing on all cylindars.

Again though, we really didnt need it so it didnt matter.  But I need my wrs/te to be more involved if im marking it in the complete game category.

I agree.  I don't think we were firing on all cylinders at all yesterday.  Definitely not a complete game (despite the scoreboard).  We can get a lot better.  Though we still won 40-17.