Video of RAMSEY in 2004. Quite an arm!

Saw that. There's one about 30 seconds into it where the receiver has a 5+ yd cushion on the run & the badly overthrown (though completed) ball cost an easy TD.

Also we should get Chris Cooley somehow if Ramsey's going to start. Looked like he caught about half of Ramsey's passes.

thanks KJ-it's quite an upgrade over anything we saw last year that's for sure-the dude's got a gun,I mean you can see it, he puts it all into each throw.Chad is going to have a hard time getting on the field if Patrick Ramsey can stay healthy--very encouraging

Ramsey's arm was never in doubt. What is in doubt is his pocket awareness, and his indecisiveness that led to bunches of unecessary sacks. From what i've seen, he has a lot of trouble checking down, but some of that can be atributed to poor pass protection. Can Schotty lite fix him? Frankly, I dunno.

it is really not a question of arm strength--you have to like it and his size. But which team is catching the passes--that is the question. still, vinnie came to the jets and cut his INTs way down. Dan Henning's system.

Believe it or not Ramsey's TD/INT ratio is not that bad at all. It's the number of sacks he takes that is a problem.

I like Ramsey a lot. I think Brian Schottenheimer will make Ramsey into a better QB like he did with Brees. He has the potential of doing really well in this league with that cannon of an arm. I think Spurrier's run and gun offense hurt him and may be Ramsey will thrive in this new offense.

I can't believe nobody mentioned that 124 would be doing cartwheels when he saw this.;)

Thank you, thank you, you can all praise me later.

The era of Ramsey begins in September of 06.

Most of his throws were roll outs cause he gets too nervous in the pocket and bails out too early.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Most of those plays , he was scrambling out way before any defenders were penetrating the line of scrimmage.

Ramsey needs to relax and set himself in the pocket and unwind.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Most of those plays , he was scrambling out way before any defenders were penetrating the line of scrimmage.

Ramsey needs to relax and set himself in the pocket and unwind.

Peyton Manning has made a living in the regular season with 5 seconds of protection and nobody ever touching him, so why don't we make it out goal to do the same for Ramsey? I'd rather have WRs occasionally overthrown on the run, rather than wide open WRs wait for a duck and either get an INT or nothing out of it.

You guys need to watch this again, but objectively. There was 1 play where he scrambled unnesessarily and maybe arguably one other. Most of the plays you guys must be talking about look to be designed playaction bootlegs. I saw one play near the middle where he started to scramble with no penetration. I see another near the end where he looks to have left the pocket before it broke down, but then makes a nice pass for a first down with a defender right in his face. I personally was impressed, it looked better than the vince young 80% run highlight video anyway.

Ooooh, puleeeease.

That clip was what, twelve secnds long? And I still almost fell asleep. Those are all the good throws he's had in his whole career. Also, if he was so great why not let the passing tell the story...with no need to blare out your speakers with the surf soundtrack music in an attempt to excitmentize the thing?

Ramsey sucks. he's a head-case. He was obtained to wash Bolly's car.

Ramsey = 3rd string.

watch this..no crazy soundtrack, no bull, just a smashmouth TD: http://www.espn.go.com/media/ncf/2000/0101/video/0101wisc2v.avi

Ooooh, puleeeease.

That clip was what, twelve secnds long? And I still almost fell asleep. Those are all the good throws he's had in his whole career. Also, if he was so great why not let the passing tell the story...with no need to blare out your speakers with the surf soundtrack music in an attempt to excitmentize the thing?

Ramsey sucks. he's a head-case. He was obtained to wash Bolly's car.

Ramsey = 3rd string.

watch this..no crazy soundtrack, no bull, just a smashmouth TD: http://www.espn.go.com/media/ncf/2000/0101/video/0101wisc2v.avi

Ok, so Bollinger only has 1 good play worthy of a video and it was in college? And it was a sneak? Ok, I'm sold.

You guys need to watch this again, but objectively. There was 1 play where he scrambled unnesessarily and maybe arguably one other. Most of the plays you guys must be talking about look to be designed playaction bootlegs. I saw one play near the middle where he started to scramble with no penetration. I see another near the end where he looks to have left the pocket before it broke down, but then makes a nice pass for a first down with a defender right in his face. I personally was impressed, it looked better than the vince young 80% run highlight video anyway.

I came away impressed too. My concern is his head and not his arm! will he put too much pressure on himself to succeed in NY and thus fail?