Hmmmmm is Zach Wilson really better than Lawrence; some Jags fans now feel he is!

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He’s had a bad couple of weeks.

He’s still very talented and has a good offensive coach.

He threw a game-changing pick inside the 5 yard line yesterday, which killed them. 

Having said that, the one thing I saw from Lawrence last year that I didn’t like is when he ran out of bounds inside our 10 yard line with a chance to possibly score and win the game if he really went for it. 

Zach Wilson would have either scored on that play or had us well inside the 5. He plays with some balls - haven’t seen that from Lawrence yet 

We’ve seen it with our own qbs, at a certain point you either learn from your mistakes or you don’t.  Last week we were furious with that one pass wilson threw before the half that resulted in a 6 point swing.  Will Lawrence improve, maybe.  But no way he’s a generational talent, when you have 3 qbs from the 2020 class who most any team would take over him ( burrow, Herbert and hurts).  

It would be interesting to poll the 30 other gms and ask which qb they want, wilson or Lawrence, knowing all 30 probably would have picked Lawrence before that draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

There are a few guys who, sometimes when they throw, you go WOW.

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady are the ones that come to mind right now (well Brady up until this year maybe).  Zach has that kind of arm.  He's not getting the results of those other guys yet, but the physical talent is clear to see. 

Gives me hope. And like Red said, Hope is a dangerous thing.

• Upvote 3

The thing is Lawrence looks the part. He is tall and his release point is high.

I watched his game earlier today (2nd time of watched him this year).

He is good with the short stuff and throws over the middle. He also has good mobility. The only issues i see are that he throws the ball high when targeting WRs does field. Also his sideline throws are questionable.

I’ll leave it to the expert to critic his processing skills. With all these QBs, seems like consistency is the main issue.

Zach’s arm strength and release are elite though. Trevor is ok to good at both of those. Height and durability are the only reasons I see why someone would prefer Trevor. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

The thing is Lawrence looks the part. He is tall and his release point is high.

I watched his game earlier today (2nd time of watched him this year).

He is good with the short stuff and throws over the middle. He also has good mobility. The only issues i see are that he throws the ball high when targeting WRs does field. Also his sideline throws are questionable.

I’ll leave it to the expert to critic his processing skills. With all these QBs, seems like consistency is the main issue. 

He also just doesn’t have a great arm.  It’s good enough but not an elite arm.  He may look the part but his arm is kinda average.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There are a few guys who, sometimes when they throw, you go WOW.

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady are the ones that come to mind right now (well Brady up until this year maybe).  Zach has that kind of arm.  He's not getting the results of those other guys yet, but the physical talent is clear to see. 

Gives me hope. And like Red said, Hope is a dangerous thing.

never really felt this way about Brady.  Since throws but rarely a WOW.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Wow! I just watched Trevor’s Hail Mary for the first time. Zach could have farted the ball that far. I thought Trevor is considered to have a cannon for a arm?

Trevor has a weak arm. It was evident in the game last year when the two played against each other.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Would be amazing if it ends up this way.

Trevor has a way better build and I think the potential for greatness is there.  It’s funny because I wonder if Trevor‘s problems are due to where he plays and would he be doing better if he were on the Jets! Never could say that before.  Our offense has a lot of talent.

Zach has no limit on his upside.  Right now he’s doing what he should be doing which is not losing games for us - getting wins, and growing as a player, getting more experience. 

his short throws, while not perfect, improved from last week and I can only think of one badly thrown ball where he under threw the deep middle. 

he should’ve thrown short to Wilson on the fourth and two instead of a deep out to Davis. But that’s very correctable.

his arm talent is a beautiful thing to watch.  3rd and 7’s feel very doable because he can deliver a ball anywhere on the field in a blink of an eye. Plus he’s athletic and clutch.

Long way to go but I feel optimistic.  He’s playing winning football while learning, it’s all you can ask of a young QB.

Really good thoughts. Reasonable take. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think that by the end of this season, this will be crystal clear. Zach Wilson is not only the most individually gifted of the 2021 prospects, but he also landed in the best situation of the group. Let the good times roll 

Sam Darnold has to be looking at the situation Zach is in and shaking his head sadly...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Again with the week to week stuff. 

Football fans have really become Stoooopid and have zero patience when it comes to evaluating a QB. 

I don’t care who put back the behind the center unless you surround that guy with some talent you will not know what you truly have. 

• Upvote 1