Brady Quinn Doubles down on sh*tting on Jets

kevinc855

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude, the Jets are exhibit A of what happens to their D when the QB cannot sustain drives. Breece is going to be special, combine that with the Dolphins D constantly on the field and yes, you have a killer day.

Let’s be clear. I’m not taking anything away from our hot streak. I’m loving it. I simply want to see how we deliver vs. a real QB, before I start shouting from the rooftops. 

Time of position was essentially the same for each team.  

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This team has done an amazing amount of things already that do not fit into "Same Ol' Jets" at all. Our young guys are establishing a new standard.

Agree with this. Mentioned it in the saleh thread yesterday.    Soj sh** the bed facing back up qbs.   Soj with even the slightest bit of success embarrass themselves next game.  1 100% expected them to get bit** slapped by Miami.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This team has done an amazing amount of things already that do not fit into "Same Ol' Jets" at all. Our young guys are establishing a new standard.

I agree.

Beating an established QB is simply the next step. 

This past weekend was about “can we follow up the win without a competitive effort” and they turned into “when the opponent faces adversity, can we go all-in in the curb stomped”.

You guys are taking what I’m saying as criticism. To me, it’s like a video game, besting an established QB is just the next level we face.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude, the Jets are exhibit A of what happens to their D when the QB cannot sustain drives. Breece is going to be special, combine that with the Dolphins D constantly on the field and yes, you have a killer day.

Let’s be clear. I’m not taking anything away from our hot streak. I’m loving it. I simply want to see how we deliver vs. a real QB, before I start shouting from the rooftops. 

Yep, my hope is those wins against back ups provide this team with believing in themselves, one another  and reaching their potential. I think those two  warm up games are a nice substitute for Zach missing all of pre-season. The season starts Sunday as far as I’m concerned and a win Sunday is the first honest step to the Jets establishing themselves as a second level contender. Not too shabby considering how bad we been for quite the while. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, my hope is those wins against back ups provide this team with believing in themselves, one another  and reaching their potential. I think those two  warm up games are a nice substitute for Zach missing all of pre-season. The season starts Sunday as far as I’m concerned and a win Sunday is the first honest step to the Jets establishing themselves as a second level contender. Not too shabby considering how bad we been for quite the while. 

Yep, fully agree.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Also tries to lie and says he didn’t say the Jets to 0-9 2:05

at 1:00 says the Jets will need “god” Next few games. This guy is a class A a$$hole

Honestly, nobody cares about these videos except the teams they put down. I love how Quinn talks about prospects like he knows what ot takes to be a success in the NFL. Too bad he forgot to tell himself that when he was in the league 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

This guy is a shock jock - not sure why people click his link or watch his crap. These guys will say whatever it takes to get clicks.

What is next? The Ghost calls out JJ for not being the real deal?

Vernon is way too peaceful a soul for  that type of behavior. Quinn is an entitle frat boy NFL washout trying to establish himself as anything else. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree. I also wonder why no body is talking about the Ravens beating up on the Jets #2 QB and #3 LT? Cincy only beat the Jets with their #2 QB and Miami with a concussed Tua - so those wins still count?

Yes, the Jets beat MIami who started their #2 and then played their #3; what about the Steelers? Jets beat them? they started their #1 and then finished with the #2 because the #1 wasn't any good. Is it the Jets fault that the Steelers had a crappy #1? You play who is in front of you. Now, are they Jets going to go to the playoffs this year? Probably not, but they are not going 0-9; they are likely going to win another 3-6 games this year. They will be middle of the pack this year - which is more than we can say about ANY year Quinn had :-)

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine what it’d have been if they had a QB that wasn’t a 7th round rookie. Therein lies my concern. 

Who knows, he was pretty capable at times and they leaned more on their run game than what they normally run.  

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I agree. I also wonder why no body is talking about the Ravens beating up on the Jets #2 QB and #3 LT? Cincy only beat the Jets with their #2 QB and Miami with a concussed Tua - so those wins still count?

Yes, the Jets beat MIami who started their #2 and then played their #3; what about the Steelers? Jets beat them? they started their #1 and then finished with the #2 because the #1 wasn't any good. Is it the Jets fault that the Steelers had a crappy #1? You play who is in front of you. Now, are they Jets going to go to the playoffs this year? Probably not, but they are not going 0-9; they are likely going to win another 3-6 games this year. They will be middle of the pack this year - which is more than we can say about ANY year Quinn had :-)

Never said the wins  didn’t count,  was simply saying the games were less competitive than if their starting QB’s played. It gave Zach and the team a couple games to get use to one another and gel as a young team. I think that’s vital for a young squad such as this. 

The best we could have  hoped for with Zach’s return. It makes me feel like we are sending a team with a little bit more confidence and a modicum of less self doubt to face the Pack in Lambeau. A tough ask for any team. If they win this one then they will being  showing the league and proving to themselves they may very well be on their way. It’s not a slight it’s simply an opinion and observation. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

We literally watched in real time how a guy completely forgot how to play football.   Like Mirer no longer knew how to grip the ball or throw it forward.  I'm still mystified as to what happened to him once he signed with the team.

Exactly, you assumed he could at least be capable playing behind a team loaded and built to make a run and he had nothing.  Ray Lucas without anywhere near the pedigree came in and went 6-1.  Mirer was head scratching bad. 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Drums said:

He probably got so much attention the first time around he couldn’t help himself. This is nothing more than Teen Wolf 2 guys, don’t get sucked in. 

We dont knock Jason Bateman around these parts bud. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Never said the wins  didn’t count,  was simply saying the games were less competitive than if their starting QB’s played. It gave Zach and the team a couple games to get use to one another and gel as a young team. I think that’s vital for a young squad such as this. 

The best we could have  hoped for with Zach’s return. It makes me feel like we are sending a team with a little bit more confidence and a modicum of less self doubt to face the Pack in Lambeau. A tough ask for any team. If they win this one then they will being  showing the league and proving to themselves they may very well be on their way. It’s not a slight it’s simply an opinion and observation. 

FYI - the I agree was for your post; the rest was about Quinn's statements.

16 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Most ex-players and ex-coaches say stuff worth listening to. Some takes are better than others and some say silly stuff, but Brady Quinn's takes, including his whole attitude and approach on the set, are total trash. And I'm not just referring to this video. #Cringe

Maybe he is not happy we didn't draft him.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Typical media NYJ skepticism aside, he didn't say a whole lot I disagree with.  Between Miami and Cleveland, this team has gotten a lot of breaks.  It comes down to GB this Sunday to make a statement as an early wildcard favorite.

So when other teams win and get breaks that is okay but when it happens to the Jets we get the "yeah but".   Our defense has been pretty outstanding most of the year, even when the offense was letting them down.   We have been playinng with a make shift offensive line most of the season and even missed out starting quarterback for 3 games.   We are sitting at 3-2 with all that adversity and all we get are "yeah but".    We don't have to beat GB to make a "statement", we just need to be competitve and be in the game with a chance, late in the fourth.   If we do better than that, great.  This is NOT the SOJ; this is a very young and talented football team that is finding a way to win in different ways and really has yet to put together 4 quarters of it's best fooball (on both sides of the ball).    Most important is it playing some of it's best football, IN THE 4TH quarter.    That is going to pay alot of dividends if they can keep that up.   This is a team, that if it can stay relatively healthy at the key positions, is on an upward trajectory.    Let the other teams keep making excuses for losing to us; sooner or later they have to acknowledge this Jets team is different and its currently players and CS are not haunted by it's past but excited about it's present and future. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My view is they are learning how to win.....That's great.    Sometimes those are the type of wins that get a team rolling.  How often do you see a team win ugly for a while.    The league/fans/experts scoff with the yeah buts...At the same time the young upstart team is learning how to win.   Then all of a sudden they are upsetting teams the experts thought they had no business beating.   Why not us for once.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1