Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

58 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No one is saying what Adams did is right. And for me this has nothing to do with him, he screwed up plain and simple. But the camera guy shares some of the blame. What happens if the next job he works is to cover a car race and he mindlessly walks across pit row when cars are exiting and he gets run over. Does he sue the driver, the guy needs to have some friggen awareness of where he's at - that's all , when your paid to do a job , you should know how to work responsibly in your surroundings. 

The camera guy bears no blame.  Not one iota.  He walks in front of on coming traffic it’s on him.  Getting knocked to the ground wasn’t, it’s on Adams.  And there’s the difference and possible liability.  
I’ve worked as a cameraman for years.  You’re running all over the place. Players know this and should be on the watch just as normal people would identify in a few short minutes.  The argument is wasted on most people more so to those who know what it’s like to hustle around their job site.  Adams is 100% wrong and I’m sure he’ll settle because no way he’s not liable if that guy is injured as being reported 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The camera guy bears no blame.  Not one iota.  He walks in front of on coming traffic it’s on him.  Getting knocked to the ground wasn’t, it’s on Adams.  And there’s the difference and possible liability.  
I’ve worked as a cameraman for years.  You’re running all over the place. Players know this and should be on the watch just as normal people would identify in a few short minutes.  The argument is wasted on most people more so to those who know what it’s like to hustle around their job site.  Adams is 100% wrong and I’m sure he’ll settle because no way he’s not liable if that guy is injured as being reported 

If you worked as a cameraman for years then you know and you've probably been trained to know your surroundings. The path in front of the tunnel is a high traffic area especially before and after games. Not saying Adams isn't  wrong for pushing the guy over  - he is , but there is some onus on the guy for seemingly being unaware of where he was.  

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

And we put forgiveness on the opposite side of the line.  

Actually, you want to mandate forgiveness.  The law ought not dictate it.  I'm taking the radical stance of saying that the victim gets to decide if they want to forgive.  You want to decide that for them.

One angle I haven't seen pursued is the fact that the cameraman or whatever he was (sound operator?) was carrying a piece of equipment that's likely worth more than his car. 

When someone shoves you to the ground it's not ideal but having your arms to somewhat break the fall is the only thing giving you a chance 

the cameraman, even if he's like the toughest dude in the world and greatest gymnast, loses all his ability to break the fall because he's holding extremely valuable equipment, Equipment used to make Adams money. 

Besides concussion this could be a broken tailbone situation 

as for everyone pining for a better past when the help could be shoved down, when exactly was this? The Reign of Henry the 8th?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If you worked as a cameraman for years then you know and you've probably been trained to know your surroundings. The path in front of the tunnel is a high traffic area especially before and after games. Not saying Adams isn't  wrong for pushing the guy over  - he is , but there is some onus on the guy for seemingly being unaware of where he was.  

it's true that dude didn't know exactly where he was

that's a mistake no question

but pushing a dude in street clothes is a worse mistake 

and the worst part about it was Adams like walking over him as if he was street trash. I'm not sure the lawsuits would have been avoided but helping the guy up and providing a sincere apology are the class moves. Brady would have bought him off in advance and signed a jersey for him on the spot

Adams acted without class that's the real issue here. 

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Actually, you want to mandate forgiveness.  The law ought not dictate it.  I'm taking the radical stance of saying that the victim gets to decide if they want to forgive.  You want to decide that for them.

The "victim" can proceed however he wants to.  I don't have to support the victims insane need for personal justice whatever that may be at the expense of common sense.  

The law in this country is extremely fungible.  We have judges some of whom actually use judgement.  

The victim doesn't get to decide.  The victims never decide anything under the law.  

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

One angle I haven't seen pursued is the fact that the cameraman or whatever he was (sound operator?) was carrying a piece of equipment that's likely worth more than his car. 

When someone shoves you to the ground it's not ideal but having your arms to somewhat break the fall is the only thing giving you a chance 

the cameraman, even if he's like the toughest dude in the world and greatest gymnast, loses all his ability to break the fall because he's holding extremely valuable equipment, Equipment used to make Adams money. 

Besides concussion this could be a broken tailbone situation 

as for everyone pining for a better past when the help could be shoved down, when exactly was this? The Reign of Henry the 8th?

I thought we had already established that it was the Reign of James K. Polk?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's true that dude didn't know exactly where he was

that's a mistake no question

but pushing a dude in street clothes is a worse mistake 

and the worst part about it was Adams like walking over him as if he was street trash. I'm not sure the lawsuits would have been avoided but helping the guy up and providing a sincere apology are the class moves. Brady would have bought him off in advance and signed a jersey for him on the spot

Adams acted without class that's the real issue here. 

The guy wouldn't have gotten near Brady , he would have had 3 cops or security guards clearing the way for him. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Dude, c’mon. The tunnel is twenty feet wide, not the width of one network worker.  They both have a job to do and only one of them got shoved to the ground with his hands full and it wasn’t Adams. It shouldn’t matter if the guy was “unaware” (which we have no idea if he was or not).

2 hours ago, the Claw said:

The very reason this is even a thing at all is because this type of bullsh*t is not allowed in our society. Should Adams get 5 years of hard time? No. Should he have to compensate the guy for attacking him for no reason? Yeah, probably. 

That's the funniest part about this.  Potential civil suits aside, the criminal justice ramifications of this are, depending on the state, a maximum of 6months to a year in prison and a fine of up to $1,000.

I think we can all agree that Adams doesn't deserve the maximum for this, and we can probably agree that he won't get the maximum.  So, in a worst-case scenario, legally, we're talking about a brief probation and a completely inconsequential amount of money.

Will have have to ultimately, write a check to this guy?  Maybe.  But, actions have consequences, and the more you have, the more thoughtful you have to be about how you act because you've got a lot to lose.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

No one trained me.  You know how to keep an eye out for the brain dead that walk in front or into you.  Getting knocked down is a different story.  They didn’t collide, Adams initiated contact because he felt like acting like a pissed punk because they lost and his late minute catch was taken away when he couldn’t complete the reception.  It wasn’t the camera guy being unaware where Adams was.  And btw, what was Adams rush, game was over.  His job was done, the camera guys wasn’t.  I can’t find a single reason why the camera guy was in the wrong.  Sorry don’t agree.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No one trained me.  You know how to keep an eye out for the brain dead that walk in front or into you.  Getting knocked down is a different story.  They didn’t collide, Adams initiated contact because he felt like acting like a pissed punk because they lost and his late minute catch was taken away.  It wasn’t the camera guy being unaware where he was.  And btw, what was Adams rush, game was over.  His job was done, the camera guys wasn’t.  I can’t find a single reason why the camera guy was in the wrong.  Sorry don’t agree.  

Then we'll agree to disagree . 

5 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Dude, c’mon. The tunnel is twenty feet wide, not the width of one network worker.  They both have a job to do and only one of them got shoved to the ground with his hands full and it wasn’t Adams. It shouldn’t matter if the guy was “unaware” (which we have no idea if he was or not).

What if the guy wandered onto the field during a play because he was unaware of his location. He's got a job to do , but it doesn't mean he can be clueless about his surroundings. I'm sorry , I'm tired of the clueless victim nonsense , like the woman suing Mcdonalds because she put hot coffee between her legs and got burned - maybe people should think before they act - and yes this also applies to Adams in this case. . 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Remember quarter drinks?  Liquid sugar with food coloring.  As time went on they kept shrinking the plastic bottle.  They went from like a quart to a shot glass.  I think they used to be a dime.

I remember candy bubble gum cigarettes in the white paper you could blow in them and  a puff of white older sugar come out. Good old days, they had fat cigar shaped bubble gum too, haha 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I remember candy bubble gum cigarettes in the white paper you could blow in them and  a puff of white older sugar come out. Good old days, they had fat cigar shaped bubble gum too, haha 

I bought a few cigars the other day to play a golf tournament.  They sold the candy gum cigars at the counter.  Couldn’t resist.  I bought a yellow one. Fukkin downed it in about 5 minutes. SMH no will power. 

• Haha 1