Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Carr reminds me of cousins, a decent qb who is not good enough to truly elevate his team to a high enough level, but too good to trade and replace with an unknown.  So you’re stuck with him, trying to build around him for many years while you flirt with wild cards without seriously threatening to win the afc.  

The Raiders have been a very poorly managed team for years.  They had something going last year with Biscaccia at HC.  Carr has had 6 HC in a 9 year career.  Carr is a very good QB and has done very well despite a dysfunctional front office.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean if it were a light shove he could have at least tried and helped him up lol. It was a dick move and the NfL has suspended people for less, that’s all.

Not arguing it was a dick move. It totally was. If this was Rodman, he would have shoved the guy and stepped on his hand while walking past him. I don't  think the league needs to suspend him. I would also think his agent is going to advise him to send the guy and Amex gift card or something. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Not arguing it was a dick move. It totally was. If this was Rodman, he would have shoved the guy and stepped on his hand while walking past him. I don't  think the league needs to suspend him. I would also think his agent is going to advise him to send the guy and Amex gift card or something. 

I mean he should have apologized on the spot and helped him up if he didn’t want this to linger. Evans got a game for shoving a player. Twitter apology is pretty lame. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he should have apologized on the spot and helped him up if he didn’t want this to linger. Evans got a game for shoving a player. Twitter apology is pretty lame. 

I am totally in agreement that he was being a total dick there. We have all gotten frustrated at times and angry about things. The guy is human. This more a case of wrong place at the wrong time.  Adams wasn't  looking for a fight. I really can't  say that about Rodman during his career. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am totally in agreement that he was being a total dick there. We have all gotten frustrated at times and angry about things. The guy is human. This more a case of wrong place at the wrong time.  Adams wasn't  looking for a fight. I really can't  say that about Rodman during his career. 

Yes I agree. Walking over him and not helping him up is where he’s going to get in trouble. This goes away if he picks him up and they shake hands.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes I agree. Walking over him and not helping him up is where he’s going to get in trouble. This goes away if he picks him up and they shake hands.

That’s where he’ll get fined. The “I felt bad I did that to him right after I did it,” talk in the locker room may not carry much weight when he passed up the opportunity to help the poor guy back up. There’s a reason for expressions like words are cheap, or talk the talk vs walk the walk. 

It’s an ugly snapshot in time from a guy who’s seemed to have his head on right every other time I’ve seen him. At least a suspension won’t cost him millions; about $29MM of his $23MM this year was bonus not game checks. 

The guy didn’t “jump” out in front of him.  He was carrying a boom mike or something and crossed his path.  He wasn’t even looking at Adams. 

Adams was frustrated and lashed out at the first person that inconvenienced him.  

He needs to do something nice for the guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Just using it as a benchmark. I mean sorry you can’t just shove a random guy to the ground for no reason. Guys have been suspended for way less. 

First off the "random guy" shouldn't be jumping in front of a player exiting the field , its easy to criticize the players but some common sense needs to be applied by these media people and the security staff at the stadium needs to do a better job. . 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

First off the "random guy" shouldn't be jumping in front of a player exiting the field , its easy to criticize the players but some common sense needs to be applied by these media people and the security staff at the stadium needs to do a better job. . 

Common sense is dont shove a a guy to the ground and if you do apologize and help him up. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Your right.  Anyone steps in my way will discover our new philosophy!!!  Look out Granny!!!!!! 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Common sense is dont shove a a guy to the ground and if you do apologize and help him up. 

If someone cuts you off on the highway , do you get mad and beep the horn, yell etc. in the heat of the moment or do you just ignore it. This is in the heat of the moment after an emotional loss the on-field personnel need to have more awareness . Doesn't make what Adams did right, but it doesn't mean the other guy is the innocent  "victim". 

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Your right.  Anyone steps in my way will discover our new philosophy!!!  Look out Granny!!!!!! 

But this isn't someone stepping in front of Adams on a normal day, its right after an emotional and frustrating loss . People on the field need to have more awareness. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If someone cuts you off on the highway , do you get mad and beep the horn, yell etc. in the heat of the moment or do you just ignore it. This is in the heat of the moment after an emotional loss the on-field personnel need to have more awareness . Doesn't make what Adams did right, but it doesn't mean the other guy is the innocent  "victim". 

I ignore it. The camera guy didn’t do anything. This is a weird way to kiss an athletes rear end here. I get the emotions after a loss but help the guy up at least. 

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That was by far the worst ruffing call I ever saw. The refs actually talked like for 3  or 4 minutes  to come up with that. Roughing the passer now needs to be review able. You could see on replay Jones braced himself. He didn't  drive Carr into the turf. 

It was an awful call. What is the D guy supposed to do in that situation? The NFL is a joke league. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I ignore it. The camera guy didn’t do anything. This is a weird way to kiss an athletes rear end here. I get the emotions after a loss but help the guy up at least. 

I normally bash the entitled athlete and side with the fans , in this case I just feel the camera guy needs to have more awareness. I guess its reached a point for me with the media where I view them as clueless and self serving as the diva athlete.