Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Shoving someone to the ground because they had a momentary lack of awareness is unacceptable, and I FULLY support criminal action taken upon Adams. We have laws for a reason. We do not have a civilized society if we shove people to the ground because they walked in front of you. Laws don't cease to exist in a football stadium. 

I downvoted you, but still respect your right to your opinion.

I'm just scared to death that pushing someone to the ground (with NO additional actions) is considered worthy of spending the rest of your life with a criminal record . . .

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I watched that.  I get that Adams is a dick, but when read this guy pressed charges I can only think of Sebastian Maniscalco.  Aren't you embarrassed?   I'd have been embarrassed for falling down from that weak assed smoosh.

I mean, either way you're the guy that Adams shoved to the ground, so that's probably embarrassing.  Can you blame him for being embarrassed with a Ferrari vs. just being embarrassed?

Just now, OCCH23 said:

I downvoted you, but still respect your right to your opinion.

I'm just scared to death that pushing someone to the ground (with NO additional actions) is considered worthy of spending the rest of your life with a criminal record . . .

Not a chance that this criminal charge would remain on his record. Charges would be dismissed, if it ever came to that. At the very worst, it would be plea bargained down to the equivalent of a parking ticket. 

I'm not getting the "no additional actions" part. It only takes one action to injure someone. 

I'm scared to death a society who allows people to push others around because they had a bad day, without suffering any repercussion. Maybe people will think twice before pushing people down because they walked in front of them. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I just thought of this poor sound guy from a few years back. What a collision. 

Notice how 98 and 96 didn't make a bad situation worse. The cameraman goofed, but the two 350 lb linemen didn't take out their frustrations on him. Davante Adams could have easily done the same, but he chose violence. 

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If you were anonymous, this would be so much worse.

If I shoved a receptionist at work to the floor because she walked in front of me, I'd lose my job.  Adams will likely get a one game suspension and be back at work the following week.  And, the financial ramifications to me would be far greater than what this will cost Adams.  Adams will end up paying what proportionally to me, would be buying the receptionist a couple of nice dinners.  You think I get out of that at the cost of a couple of nice dinners?

I think the context is different, but what strikes me the most is Adams just walking over the guy. If he picked him up, brushed him off, took off his helmet and apologized we’d be looking at it differently. If any of us did this at work it’d be immediate termination obviously, but comparing football to the office isn’t applicable imo.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

How about be a man and accept the apology and move on?

I would have accepted his apology had I been the cameraman, if Davante properly apologized. There is no "but" or a justification of what you did in an apology. How about Adams be a man and apologize like a man? Own up to your mistake and tell people how you will do it differently next time someone accidentally walks in front of you. He blamed the cameraman for "jumping" in front of him. That is not an apology. 

"I want to apologize to the guy, there was some guy running off the field, and he ran, like jumped in front of me coming off the field and I bumped into him, kind of pushed him, and he ended up on the ground," Adams said at his locker. "So I wanted to say sorry to him for that because that was just frustration mixed with him literally just running in from of me. I shouldn't have responded that way, but that's how I initially responded. So, I want to apologize to him for that."

you're right I thought his apology had showed a bit more remorse, not laying some of it on the guy he pushed.   now he sounds like a politician: "I'm not sorry for the lousy results we have achieved, i am sorry that you are too dumb to adequately understand my multi-phased plan which includes abject failure as phase 1.  Next time I will communicate in simpler terms so you understand it is actually good that we are failing."

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If I shoved a receptionist at work to the floor because she walked in front of me, I'd lose my job.  Adams will likely get a one game suspension and be back at work the following week.  And, the financial ramifications to me would be far greater than what this will cost Adams.  Adams will end up paying what proportionally to me, would be buying the receptionist a couple of nice dinners.  You think I get out of that at the cost of a couple of nice dinners?

You can push me to the floor for a couple nice dinners anytime. 

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the context is different, but what strikes me the most is Adams just walking over the guy. If he picked him up, brushed him off, took off his helmet and apologized we’d be looking at it differently. If any of us did this at work it’d be immediate termination obviously, but comparing football to the office isn’t applicable imo.

I agree that would have helped. 

50 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

It depends. Did the receptionist JUMP OUT IN FRONT OF YOU LIKE A KILLER KLOWN FROM OUTER SPACE???

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, docdhc said:

This probably isn’t true. The site is NFL rumors. Let’s see if it’s confirmed before going nuts on the decline of civilization. 

Maybe, I don't do Twitter, and since the internet never lies.

I saw officially and ran with it.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Shoving someone to the ground because they had a momentary lack of awareness is unacceptable, and I FULLY support criminal action taken upon Adams. We have laws for a reason. We do not have a civilized society if we shove people to the ground because they walked in front of you. Laws don't cease to exist in a football stadium. 

Civilized society wouldn’t allow football period.  You don’t walk in a crowd with you head down leading with a camera and rack.  
Adams was wrong.   He knows it.  He apologized immediately.  Civilized society doesn’t persecute people for a minor transgression that they apologized for.  Civilized society and every major religion is based on transgression and the ability to recognize it and do better. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I keep seeing this argument thrown out there but there's a vast difference between working in an office or walking down a street then being on a professional sports field.

The media personnel are trained to avoid these types of situations because being on a field can be dangerous. That's my major point here is that the camera man and stadium security need to have better awareness of the situation. A counter example I can throw out is a camera man getting run over on pit row in an auto race because he's not paying attention. You need to understand and respect the environment you are in. 

And again it doesn't absolve Adams from acting poorly its just not the same as Adams walking in an office and running over a receptionist. 

Not a chance that this criminal charge would remain on his record. Charges would be dismissed, if it ever came to that. At the very worst, it would be plea bargained down to the equivalent of a parking ticket. 

I'm not getting the "no additional actions" part. It only takes one action to injure someone. 

I'm scared to death a society who allows people to push others around because they had a bad day, without suffering any repercussion. Maybe people will think twice before pushing people down because they walked in front of them. 

I was frustrated today at work. So I took my Stihl Farmboss chainsaw and pushed a guy down. Now he's pressing charges against me. 

That pussy. 

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, either way you're the guy that Adams shoved to the ground, so that's probably embarrassing.  Can you blame him for being embarrassed with a Ferrari vs. just being embarrassed?

OMG! My sons, father and family would break my balls till I died no matter what I drove. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Would he have done it had he won? And since when is impeding a millionaires path while on the job douchebag?

This. 

I find it very odd to see people trying to rationalize what Adams did. It's not the crime of the century, but it was clearly wrong and blaming the cameraman is just nuts. At worst, the cameraman made an honest mistake and should be more careful, but what Adams did was intentional and completely uncalled for. He clearly wasn't able to control his anger at the end of the game and that carried over into the postgame festivities. He slammed his helmet down in frustration and screamed immediately after the 4th down play. He was furious ever since they overturned his catch (which was the correct call - since he didn't get both feet in bounds). 

IMO, he should, at the very least, get a hefty fine and probably be suspended for a game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Would he have done it had he won? And since when is impeding a millionaires path while on the job douchebag?

Why should how much a person makes have anything to do with this argument. If it was a special teams player making min salary would it be acceptable. The millionaire label is only being thrown out because people want to make this into a have vs have not, priviliged vs commoner  issue. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I find it very odd to see people trying to rationalize what Adams did. It's not the crime of the century, but it was clearly wrong and blaming the cameraman is just nuts. At worst, the cameraman made an honest mistake and should be more careful

Are you nuts? Did you see the way he was dressed?

He was clearly asking for it. 

• Haha 2

So you're adamant that the law be enforced, but could care less if the consequence is?  I guess you're a fan of the "no cash bail" where people commit a crime, get "arrested", and then are out the next day to commit the same crime all over again?

I never said there shouldn't be any repercussions.  I believe it's important for the league to fine/suspend Adams as a deterrent to future altercations.  But I find it hard to believe if you pushed someone in a moment of anger that you'd think it was "only fair" to have to stand before a judge and potentially be found guilty of criminal activity . . .

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This. 

I find it very odd to see people trying to rationalize what Adams did. It's not the crime of the century, but it was clearly wrong and blaming the cameraman is just nuts. At worst, the cameraman made an honest mistake and should be more careful, but what Adams did was intentional and completely uncalled for. He clearly wasn't able to control his anger at the end of the game and that carried over into the postgame festivities. He slammed his helmet down in frustration and screamed immediately after the 4th down play. He was furious ever since they overturned his catch (which was the correct call - since he didn't get both feet in bounds). 

IMO, he should, at the very least, get a hefty fine and probably be suspended for a game. 

Neither of which involve the American justice system, so I agree completely . . .

Adams is a good guy and he apologized. 

You see why people don't apologize for sh*t anymore.

All the sarcastic commentary, the pressing of charges, analyzing his apology with a fine toothed comb,  probably multiple lawsuits coming soon because, why not? Give me a break. The guy made a mistake and apologized for it. Let's accept that and move on.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

How many times have you just lost a game and were walking off the field and had a camerman jump in front of you?

Adams was wrong.  Your analogy is ridiculous.  The camerman was a complete douche bag.  Didn't deserve to get hurt but an absolute douche bag.  

Yeah,  Mangold and bdrick would definitely do the same thing after a loss.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Context is always different, but I'm not sure we should be using it as an excuse.  Emotions run high in many circumstances, not just pro sports.  But, I do agree, if he immediately responded that he made a mistake, and acted kindly, then yes, it probably goes no further.

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Context is always different, but I'm not sure we should be using it as an excuse.  Emotions run high in many circumstances, not just pro sports.  But, I do agree, if he immediately responded that he made a mistake, and acted kindly, then yes, it probably goes no further.

This honestly confuses me (as you're not the only one to say it).

So is the act what you believe he should be punished for, or his response to the act?  Is he being charged with a crime because he pushed someone, or because he didn't give a good enough apology for pushing someone?

I have no doubt this sounds like a sarcastic post, but I'm truly asking -- what did Adams do that "deserves" law enforcement getting involved?

36 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why should how much a person makes have anything to do with this argument. If it was a special teams player making min salary would it be acceptable. The millionaire label is only being thrown out because people want to make this into a have vs have not, priviliged vs commoner  issue. 

Privilage is my entire issue here. 

You think he does this to the Cheifs owner or Goddell?