Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

9 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Isn't this like a redneck saying "Bless your heart?" One isn't actually wishing someone a great day, but rather just a euphemism for GFY. 

Actually it wasn't, and I apologize if it was taken that way.

It was intended to be an end to a discussion that served little to no purpose, so I was walking away no harm done . . .

Just now, OCCH23 said:

Legally?

NOTHING.

That's my point.  It's ridiculous (IMO) that this has become a legal issue (WAY before anyone talked about him potentially having a concussion).  The league should fine/suspend him, and he should offer some kind of recompense to show he's truly sorry.  But have to report to a judge for pushing someone?  With no prior intent or malice?  And no history (to my knowledge) to imply he's a danger to society?  It's ridiculous and sad, and the fact that you guys see no problem with it makes it that much sadder.

Meanwhile, we have criminals walking the streets of NYC because "there's already too much of a strain on the court system)?

One of the downsides of making 30 million a year is that if you shove a 20 year old camera guy on national TV for basically no reason and not say sorry he'll end up wanting some money.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Legally?

NOTHING.

That's my point.  It's ridiculous (IMO) that this has become a legal issue (WAY before anyone talked about him potentially having a concussion).  The league should fine/suspend him, and he should offer some kind of recompense to show he's truly sorry.  But have to report to a judge for pushing someone?  With no prior intent or malice?  And no history (to my knowledge) to imply he's a danger to society?  It's ridiculous and sad, and the fact that you guys see no problem with it makes it that much sadder.

Meanwhile, we have criminals walking the streets of NYC because "there's already too much of a strain on the court system)?

Seems like a good idea.  We should definitely make people aware that you can shove anyone to the ground without consequence, save, perhaps, a nominal one from their employer.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

One of the downsides of making 30 million a year is that if you shove a 20 year old camera guy on national TV for basically no reason and not say sorry he'll end up wanting some money.

Pressing charges against the guy doesn't guarantee him any  more money than just coming to a settlement privately.  If anything, I hope Adams tells him to take a hike and takes his chances with the judge, but I know that probably won't happen . . .

15 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Seems like a good idea.  We should definitely make people aware that you can shove anyone to the ground without consequence, save, perhaps, a nominal one from their employer.

So if you push someone at your job you'll willingly surrender to the police, amirite?

Since it's such an hostile and terrorist act, amirite?

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next . . . 

15 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

So if you push someone at your job you'll willingly surrender to the police, amirite?

Since it's such an hostile and terrorist act, amirite?

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next . . . 

I mean, I wouldn’t push someone at work, sooooo

Also, is my alternative suicide by cop in this scenario you’ve created?

20 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Pressing charges against the guy doesn't guarantee him any  more money than just coming to a settlement privately.  If anything, I hope Adams tells him to take a hike and takes his chances with the judge, but I know that probably won't happen . . .

I’m sure his lawyer consulted him on what to do here in order to get paid. 

5 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Yeah, the guy who thinks criminal charges is extreme for pushing someone - that's the guy who's in a hoke.

Gotta love this place . . .

Idk man...I think I'm coming around to your thinking. I'm pissed right now because of things happening in my life currently....think I'll go out and shove a few people to the ground. Hope I find some kids and old ladies to take my frustrations out on!!! I think lightly kicking them should also be fair game....shouldn't hurt too bad, I'll wear soft sneaker. maybe even slap a couple of them....slaps are pretty harmless so no biggie right?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Idk man...I think I'm coming around to your thinking. I'm pissed right now because of things happening in my life currently....think I'll go out and shove a few people to the ground. Hope I find some kids and old ladies to take my frustrations out on!!! I think lightly kicking them should also be fair game....shouldn't hurt too bad, I'll wear soft sneaker. maybe even slap a couple of them....slaps are pretty harmless so no biggie right?

Yeah cuz that's what happened, right?  He went searching for this guy to release his anger on, right?  And said it was no big deal, right?  Probably plans on making it a weekly habit, right?

I just hope you never do anything in the moment you later regret, it would really stink to have to live by the standards you set for everyone else .  . .

16 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Why the F do you guys care so much about this BS.

Its a big fat nothing.

6 pages holy crap!

Not enough real issues to be concerned about for goodness sakes??

I swear I feel like shoving everyone of you.

What other NFL player got charged with assault on a camera man this week? I mean we have 6 pages over far less spicy topics.

why do you car so much though? ?

9 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Yeah, the guy who thinks criminal charges is extreme for pushing someone - that's the guy who's in a hole.

Gotta love this place . . .

I would pay money to watch you get shoved on your way to the water cooler at work.  Just doing your job, heads down, maybe reading an email on your phone, you know, busy at work and wham!  Some dude 3x your size having a bad day decides to throw you to the ground, slammed against the wall and then said coworker snarls at the inconvenience you provided and walks over you as you lay on the floor perplexed as to what just happened.

My guess; you'd press chargers and sue your employer.  Nobody is buying your tough guy act. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I would pay money to watch you get shoved on your way to the water cooler at work.  Just doing your job, heads down, maybe reading an email on your phone, you know, busy at work and wham!  Some dude 3x your size having a bad day decides to throw you to the ground, slammed against the wall and then said coworker snarls at the inconvenience you provided and walks over you as you lay on the floor perplexed as to what just happened.

My guess; you'd press chargers and sue your employer.  Nobody is buying your tough guy act. 

Did I ask you to buy it tough guy?   I don't know how old you are, but I don't come from a world where you press charges for getting pushed, especially if there was no personal malice.  You feel differently, so therefore feel the liberty to attack me with unfounded accusations.  Not sure how that doesn't make you a bully, but I guess that's the beauty of double standards . . .

Just now, OCCH23 said:

Did I ask you to buy it tough guy?   I don't know how old you are, but I don't come from a world where you press charges for getting pushed, especially if there was no personal malice.  You feel differently, so therefore feel the liberty to attack me with unfounded accusations.  Not sure how that doesn't make you a bully, but I guess that's the beauty of double standards . . .

Dude …. I grew up in Brentwood NY where literally you watched the hands of anyone who walked by you.  It is now the MS 13 capital of the country.   Bullying in HS was a blood sport.     As you grow up you realize anyone who resorts to physical action is clearly not fully aware of a functioning society.   I tried not to post but dude… you CAN’T lay a hand on someone today.   

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Dude …. I grew up in Brentwood NY where literally you watched the hands of anyone who walked by you.  It is now the MS 13 capital of the country.   Bullying in HS was a blood sport.     As you grow up you realize anyone who resorts to physical action is clearly not fully aware of a functioning society.   I tried not to post but dude… you CAN’T lay a hand on someone today.   

You're telling me reality, and I'm not arguing.  But does that mean I'm not entitled to be less than thrilled with that reality?  I'm not disputing the guy has the legal right to press charges against someone for an isolated "wrong place, wrong time" incident, it just bothers me that this is such an accepted fact (strongly proven by many posters here) and I'm shocked that so many can't relate to line of thought.

Did I lose sleep over it?  No.  But does it scare me where the world is heading next?  Let's just say I don't see things getting better any time soon . . .

26 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

You're telling me reality, and I'm not arguing.  But does that mean I'm not entitled to be less than thrilled with that reality?  I'm not disputing the guy has the legal right to press charges against someone for an isolated "wrong place, wrong time" incident, it just bothers me that this is such an accepted fact (strongly proven by many posters here) and I'm shocked that so many can't relate to line of thought.

Did I lose sleep over it?  No.  But does it scare me where the world is heading next?  Let's just say I don't see things getting better any time soon . . .

I have a feeling you were a different poster.  200 posts in a short time…. Anyway, welcome aboard.  Go Jets. 

28 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

The world has passed us by brother. So stop digging, step out of that hole and let’s go get a Fresca and an Eskimo pie. My treat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The world has passed us by brother. So stop digging, step out of that hole and let’s go get a Fresca and an Eskimo pie. My treat. 

Eskimo Pie?

You are making me hungry. Might have to stop at the store now.

Funny Bones as well. Very underrated.

• Sympathy 1

What about Crosby?  Does he get arrested, fined, suspended too?

Side note:  I love how Raiders fans in this twitter thread are so up in arms over the Chiefs fans behavior.  Like really?  Raiders fans trying to claim the high road on, of all things, fan behavior?

Come on....

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I was in the Drake's Cakes section of my local market every day.  So many delicious choices.  

At the risk of derailing this thread which honestly might not be a bad thing at this point, do they still make ring dings?

don’t think I have had one in over 20 years and I kind of remember them being kind of stale but with that thick chocolate covering, I really didn’t care

On 10/11/2022 at 1:48 PM, 56mehl56 said:

Again, not condoning what Adams did. It was wrong , but I could understand it in the heat of the moment. But this guy potentially suing for millions is what's really wrong with our society today. 

In the heat of the moment, given their size differences and the cheap shot, what about the guy with the light stand whatever clocking Adams on the side of the head with the stand?  Is it a heat of the moment reaction and understandable?

Its not acceptable behavior.  The guys running to bring something to someone else and the poor WR who lost is allowed to just cold cock someone.  Because he may have been on his side or the walkway.  May have.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, Beerfish said:

He pushed the guy and he fell down and seemingly did jot get hurt.  He deserves a fine.

We build up sports players and coaches to be highly emotional on the field and then expect them to immediately shut things off, unrealistic.

It’s unrealistic to act like a human?  It’s realistic to just hit whoever you like if it makes you feel better?

Im glad I don’t live in that world.  No one should 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

You should sue me for attacking you.

• Haha 1