Does it seem like the NFL has a lot of bad teams this year ?

Rhg1084

Besides KC and Buffalo the rest of the league is completely average/bad. Philly looks good I’ll put them up there as an “elite team”. However look at some of these other teams - they all stink! 

Rams, Packers, Bucs all were supposed to be contenders and they stink! 

AFC West was supposed to be a gauntlet but Raiders and Denver both stink! I’ll give Chargers benefit of doubt they can still be good. 

The rest of the league is all way below average.

point I’m trying to make is the Jets are ascending at the perfect time. All these veteran teams look bad. Jets are about to take the league by storm and it starts this Sunday when we will put the league on notice with a win over GB

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Besides KC and Buffalo the rest of the league is completely average/bad. Philly looks good I’ll put them up there as an “elite team”. However look at some of these other teams - they all stink! 

AFC West was supposed to be a gauntlet but Raiders and Denver both stink! I’ll give Chargers benefit of doubt they can still be good. 

point I’m trying to make is the Jets are ascending at the perfect time. All these veteran teams look bad. Jets are about to take the league by storm and it starts this Sunday when we will put the league on notice with a win over GB

The Chargers coach is a buffoon. Damn near blew the Cleveland game last week because of his analytics.

I think you are seeing the cost of not having your players play in the pre-season. Basically at this point now the first 3 to 4 weeks of the regular season is your pre-season where the OL gets a chance to gel. Communication issues in the secondary are take care of and QB's getting in sync with the WR's. I think that is why we are seeing a great like Aaron Rodgers struggle right now because he is dealing with some new and young WR's. Matt Ryan learning a new system in Indy, Russell Wilson dealing with Denver.

The cream will rise to the top as the season moves on. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The Chargers coach is a buffoon. Damn near blew the Cleveland game last week because of his analytics.

I think you are seeing the cost of not having your players play in the pre-season. Basically at this point now the first 3 to 4 weeks of the regular season is your pre-season where the OL gets a chance to gel. Communication issues in the secondary are take care of and QB's getting in sync with the WR's. I think that is why we are seeing a great like Aaron Rodgers struggle right now because he is dealing with some new and young WR's. Matt Ryan learning a new system in Indy, Russell Wilson dealing with Denver.

I wonder if some coaches will realize this and start playing their guys more in the preseason. Could be a real competitive advantage the first month of the season if your team is in sync and ready week one.

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Matt Ryan is toast and the Colts stink too. Rodgers is 38 years old and has a practice squad set of WRs. 

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yes and it’s glorious 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I wonder if some coaches will realize this and start playing their guys more in the preseason. Could be a real competitive advantage the first month of the season if your team is in sync and ready week one.

Or leave you with a depleted roster, especially in dec/Jan.

10 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Was just going there.

cost them the playoffs last year.

they miss this year and I think he is gone.

bad teams yes and some bad coaching including josh who once again proved he is a name but not much else