Should Jets Trade Mims Threads (Merged)

Right after the Packers game that we can hopefully win, maybe we should dangle Mims to them since they need WR help from their excerpt below. Maybe Mims can even be a deep threat for them. I would not do the deal for less than a 3rd or perhaps 4th rounder since it is a high need for them, but quite frankly It will be really tough for this kid to ever get on the field for us. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-thing-we-learned-about-each-team-in-week-5-cooper-rush-stalls-chiefs-comeback-kings-hill-saves-saints/

Green Bay Packers

Aaron Rodgers needs a deep threat at wide receiver: Through five weeks, Rodgers still hasn't found that reliable player who can produce downfield like Davante Adams or Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Christian Watson dropped a deep pass in Week 1 and Romeo Doubs dropped a deep touchdown catch in Week 4, part of the struggles amongst Green Bay's new-look receiver group. 

Rodgers was hoping for a miracle when he was going deep Sunday, failing to connect with Allen Lazard on multiple chances and finishing 0 for 5 on passes that went for 20-plus air yards. The deep passes just aren't there for Rodgers to break the Packers' inconsistent offense out of long droughts, which is part of the reason why the offense goes stagnate. 

The trade deadline is coming up. Green Bay may be active in adding a deep-ball wideout if any become available.

49 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Right after the Packers game that we can hopefully win, maybe we should dangle Mims to them since they need WR help from their excerpt below. Maybe Mims can even be a deep threat for them. I would not do the deal for less than a 3rd or perhaps 4th rounder since it is a high need for them, but quite frankly It will be really tough for this kid to ever get on the field for us. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-thing-we-learned-about-each-team-in-week-5-cooper-rush-stalls-chiefs-comeback-kings-hill-saves-saints/

Green Bay Packers

Aaron Rodgers needs a deep threat at wide receiver: Through five weeks, Rodgers still hasn't found that reliable player who can produce downfield like Davante Adams or Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Christian Watson dropped a deep pass in Week 1 and Romeo Doubs dropped a deep touchdown catch in Week 4, part of the struggles amongst Green Bay's new-look receiver group. 

Rodgers was hoping for a miracle when he was going deep Sunday, failing to connect with Allen Lazard on multiple chances and finishing 0 for 5 on passes that went for 20-plus air yards. The deep passes just aren't there for Rodgers to break the Packers' inconsistent offense out of long droughts, which is part of the reason why the offense goes stagnate. 

The trade deadline is coming up. Green Bay may be active in adding a deep-ball wideout if any become available.

Maybe we could improve our odds of winning by trading him to GB BEFORE the game... lol

Calm down mimsians I'm just kidding

The Rookie Flirt GIF by ABC Network

4 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Why is Jeff Smith playing over Mims? I hear his name a lot in random practices as a star, but never seems to do anything in actual games.  I'd rather play Mims to see if he play, or at least showcase him for a trade. 

Special teams, can line up and catch a pass.  

• Upvote 3

I don’t understand why anyone thinks we could get a 4th, much less a 3rd for Mims.

The Pats were only able to recoup a 2024 7th round pick for N’Keal Harry, who despite being a total bust has still shown more than Mims.

Mims is just one in a long line of WR’s drafted in the 2nd round who ended up sucking. The dude had damn near as many penalties as catches last year.

There isn’t some abundance of talent waiting to be unearthed.

He is what he is

• Upvote 3

Sooner or later, the Jets HAVE to activate Mims and play him.  You either need to trust he can contribute, or you need to show him off to sell him.  This being inactive will lead to zero leverage at the trade table, if that is the route (no pun intended) they go about our WR.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I would not do the deal for less than a 3rd or perhaps 4th rounder since it is a high need for them, but quite frankly It will be really tough for this kid to ever get on the field for us. 

At this point I would give up Mims for a 6th rounder.  And I would trade him today to the Packers.  Nothing to worry about him beating us in 5 days.  He needs weeks, not days to understand their playbook.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Green Bay Packers

Why not before? No way we can concerned he would learn the playbook in time to be a factor. Right?

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, because Mims has shown himself to be a WR capable of adding extraordinary assistance and impact to an offense.

Hey, if they are desperate and feel Rogers can use this big fast WR that right now is to buried on an WR NFL depth chart)in which everyone knows the Jets have improved at WR), then they may be willing to try it if they feel it helps them have better offense moving through the season. No other team is going to trade WRs that are in their rotation especially now with the fact that still no team is out of it. Even 1-4 teams can get on a roll.

The fact that Mims own team doesn’t value him enough to be on the active roster has to be lowering his trade value. It was at its highest when he had that good preseason outing and I get that we’re keeping him as a depth piece in case 1 of our rotational guys gets hurt, but it honestly sucks for Mims. Oh well. Maybe a team with an injury gets desperate of offers us a 4th at some point.

• Upvote 2

I am unsure why people think Mims has any trade value at current.

Are there any #6 WR"s you would want the Jets to trade for from another team?

If not, why do you think anyone wants our #6 WR?  Just because he was a 2nd round pick?

Help me understand this "our trash for their treasure" idea.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I mean I’d be fine trading mims. It’s not like he plays. But what are u expecting in return? 6th or 7th rounder? Might be better to hold onto in case we get some injuries?

Just suggesting if there is any leverage there. GB may have trouble finding any other WRs on the market with exp. or even the upside of Mims. No, I would not even trade him for even as low as a 5th rounder due to the case where as you said we may need him in case of injury. But I would trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder, or even a young LB with upside if they have one since we could use depth/growth at that position with the only LB we have playing at a high level is Kwon. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Nobody wants Mims, he's a body catcher and enjoys bad salmon.

We4ve spent, what, three years listening to folks making Mims out to be the second coming?  It's clear that the Jets, and no other team, is interested in the guy.  It's not embarrassing to say that you made a mistake.  I do it all the time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I mean I’d be fine trading mims. It’s not like he plays. But what are u expecting in return? 6th or 7th rounder? Might be better to hold onto in case we get some injuries?

agreed. he is worth more to us than a 3rd or 4th. he is one injury away from playing

LOL - what are they going to give us? a 6th? Even the Packers aren't going to trade anything for a WR who has been a healthy scratch all year.

If we want anything of any value, we would need to trade a proven WR; I would say Davis is the only tradable WR (that we would be willing to trade). He could net us some real value and would save us a bunch on cap space this year and next.