Kwon was everywhere on Sunday

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'm not anti - JD, im a fan of the guy. i just know how this board acts when one thing goes wrong.  

I ask a serious/legit question and you decide to speak for the entire board?  Hmm.  At least this post answers the question.  Thank you.  

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I ask a serious/legit question and you decide to speak for the entire board?  Hmm.  At least this post answers the question.  Thank you.  

76 pages and almost 2700 posts in the fire JD thread.  i think i know the way this board operates.  last post was talking about how garret wilson was a bust after week 4.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

What hit rate on FA's would you say he'd need to be good/better in that category?  Just spit-balling it I'd say he close (albeit still early on)

That's hard to say. Hit rate that is. Guess he's done okay. Some mistakes that pissed me off.

Ryan Kalil. Making no attempt to resign Moses.Replacing Foley with Rankins. This year the C.J Ozumuah signing is a head scratcher.  Has he caught one pass this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I like this defense with him playing over Quincy.  Both are super fast and physical but Kwon has much better instincts & anticipation.

Still believe we can become elite on third & long if we replace Mosley with Sherwood.

I garee. If we are talking about the Nickel formation or having 5 db's, 2 lbs, 4 linemen...I'd rather have Kwon out there than Quincy. 

However, Quincy is still a thumper if he can get a good angle on the RB and in a base 4-3 (especially in wide 9 formation like Saleh likes to run), its really nice to have both Kwon and Quincy out there along with Mosley to keep the RB from breaking a big run.

Mosley gets way too much disrespect IMO. He's not the best coverage LB but I don't think replacing him with Sherwood on 3rd downs will make us that much better (if at all) on third downs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I garee. If we are talking about the Nickel formation or having 5 db's, 2 lbs, 4 linemen...I'd rather have Kwon out there than Quincy. 

However, Quincy is still a thumper if he can get a good angle on the RB and in a base 4-3 (especially in wide 9 formation like Saleh likes to run), its really nice to have both Kwon and Quincy out there along with Mosley to keep the RB from breaking a big run.

Mosley gets way too much disrespect IMO. He's not the best coverage LB but I don't think replacing him with Sherwood on 3rd downs will make us that much better (if at all) on third downs. 

You might be right on Mosley but you don't know if you don't try here and there.  I feel that was the role Sherwood was designed for when they selected him.  He looked good in the preseason.  And our coaching staff isn't always right ... it took them until the 4th game to put in Bryce Huff.

I do agree that Mosley gets too much disrespect but not from me.  I only think he should come out on 3rd & long.  Plenty of very good linebackers who aren't on the field all 3 downs.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You might be right on Mosley but you don't know if you don't try here and there.  I feel that was the role Sherwood was designed for when they selected him.  He looked good in the preseason.  And our coaching staff isn't always right ... it took them until the 4th game to put in Bryce Huff.

I do agree that Mosley gets too much disrespect but not from me.  I only think he should come out on 3rd & long.  Plenty of very good linebackers who aren't on the field all 3 downs.

Yeah, I agree. But TBH I think our secondary is so deep I would play Dime on third and long, put corners on TEs/RBs as necessary, leave one LB (Mosley) to spy or in case of a screen or draw, Rush 4 (JFM, QW from the inside, Lawson/Huff on the outside) and have Whitehead, Joyner, Sauce, DJ, Carter and Echols out there in the secondary. JMHO. I know its rare teams do that because they either want to put more pressure on the QB or keep an extra LB to cover bigger TEs. But I think the way our defense is built, this could work to our advantage on 3rd and long. We rush 4 quite often anyway- its just from a Nickel base. Why not do it from a dime and have Echols out there.   

Kwon's issues have always been injury. 
If he stays healthy, we get a complete steal of a FA signing. I assumed he'd be at least dinged up by now and miss a game.  
Can see why.. this guy has no regard for his body it would seem... guy launches at offensive players.. has been fun to watch

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

That's hard to say. Hit rate that is. Guess he's done okay. Some mistakes that pissed me off.

Ryan Kalil. Making no attempt to resign Moses.Replacing Foley with Rankins. This year the C.J Ozumuah signing is a head scratcher.  Has he caught one pass this year.

he is human

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Yeah, I agree. But TBH I think our secondary is so deep I would play Dime on third and long, put corners on TEs/RBs as necessary, leave one LB (Mosley) to spy or in case of a screen or draw, Rush 4 (JFM, QW from the inside, Lawson/Huff on the outside) and have Whitehead, Joyner, Sauce, DJ, Carter and Echols out there in the secondary. JMHO. I know its rare teams do that because they either want to put more pressure on the QB or keep an extra LB to cover bigger TEs. But I think the way our defense is built, this could work to our advantage on 3rd and long. We rush 4 quite often anyway- its just from a Nickel base. Why not do it from a dime and have Echols out there.   

I like it.  That's the innovation I'm looking for.  Plus a guy like Sauce showed he could cover TE Andrews so you mix and match a bit.  Nothing wrong with that.

The key is to get off the field on 3rd down.  We haven't been good at that this year pre Dolphins so all options should be on the table.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

Ryan Kalil- They needed a center in the middle of summer, there were few options at that time.

Moses-Wanted to play, he believed he wasn't going to play with Becton and Fant. That was Moses decision. Brown is getting paid less by years.

Neither were part of the future of this franchise.

Not every GM hits on all of his draft picks and FA signings. What you want to do is hit on most of them and hit HR on top the draft picks.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Ryan Kalil- They needed a center in the middle of summer, there were few options at that time.

Moses-Wanted to play, he believed he wasn't going to play with Becton and Fant. That was Moses decision. Brown is getting paid less by years.

Neither were part of the future of this franchise.

Not every GM hits on all of his draft picks and FA signings. What you want to do is hit on most of them and hit HR on top the draft 

The Crusher would have played for a lot less. Probably done as well. 8 mill for a washed up center who retired. Anybody but him. Moses should have been told it would be an open competition.  Perhaps he would have resigned believing he could win the job. Being a competitor and an athlete with an ego.

7 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He was a great find. Thank you JD thank you! 

Now, to quote all of you, "Sign the Beast" and since we have him now do not let him leave this team without a contract for next year. He is still under 30 at 28 yrs old and quite honestly is probably by far the best LB we have, and for a team devoid of LB talent we need him long term. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, genot said:

The Crusher would have played for a lot less. Probably done as well. 8 mill for a washed up center who retired. Anybody but him. Moses should have been told it would be an open competition.  Perhaps he would have resigned believing he could win the job. Being a competitor and an athlete with an ego.

They didn't have a center.

Moses was the swing tackle in '21, he's not an idiot. He left for an opportunity to play. They drafted Mitchell to be the swing. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I like this defense with him playing over Quincy.  Both are super fast and physical but Kwon has much better instincts & anticipation.

Still believe we can become elite on third & long if we replace Mosley with Sherwood.

we should be able to address that on the next draft with the 1st pick

• Upvote 1