PFF: Explosive Passing Offenses

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach is balling.  We finally have a QB who can chuck it down field. 

Since Vinny (ok if you want to call Favre a Jet ok)……that’s pathetic.  But today?  Better late than never.

This is the Only kind of QB I want on my team, and Jets Finally have one again, because if you don’t have one your play selection becomes limited.  With a QB like Wilson you are rarely out of a game, simply because even if he’s having a bad day there is a chance he catches fire and before anyone knows what’s going on….Bomb for a TD, fires up the D who now quickly produces a 3 and Out….Bomb for a TD….14 Points on the board in under 2 minutes, basically before anyone watching the game can register what’s happening.

What a beautiful sight for sore Jet fan eyes…That Stat.  Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Since Vinny (ok if you want to call Favre a Jet ok)……that’s pathetic.  But today?  Better late than never.

This is the Only kind of QB I want on my team, and Jets Finally have one again, because if you don’t have one your play selection becomes limited.  With a QB like Wilson you are rarely out of a game, simply because even if he’s having a bad day there is a chance he catches fire and before anyone knows what’s going on….Bomb for a TD, fires up the D who now quickly produces a 3 and Out….Bomb for a TD….14 Points on the board in under 2 minutes, basically before anyone watching the game can register what’s happening.

Plus chucking the ball down the field is actually entertaining and fun to watch as a fan.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Actually what's more impressive is like in Pitt in the 4th qtr. Zak can just quickly march up the field with intermediate chunk plays for multiple drives and it looks extremely difficult to stop. I don't want to keep hearing from anyone on defenses because in Pitt down 10 with the crowd going crazy Brady and Rogers may not have been able to do that and this kid did it with an Oline that is still trying to find its way especially at that point. 

• Post of the Week 1

i hate to state the obvious but since no one did. ... Flacco played 3 games and had 91 comp compared to Zachs 2 games and 32 comp. so how many of those plays came from Zach?

point is, our passing stats are inflated due to Flaccos 50 ATTs and 30 Comp per game. Zach is avging half those numbers. so we are going to be near the top of alot of those categories. but i doubt we will be this high in a few more weeks. new QB and  new strategy. i dont see Zach throwing it 50 times per game.

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

i hate to state the obvious but since no one did. ... Flacco played 3 games and had 91 comp compared to Zachs 2 games and 32 comp. so how many of those plays came from Zach?

point is, our passing stats are inflated due to Flaccos 50 ATTs and 30 Comp per game. Zach is avging half those numbers. so we are going to be near the top of alot of those categories. but i doubt we will be this high in a few more weeks. new QB and  new strategy. i dont see Zach throwing it 50 times per game.

Let's hope you're right.

There's only two reasons I can think of for why QBs throw a lot:

1)  You don't have a good running game (we do)

2)  You're trailing most of the game

If ZW doesn't throw a lot, I have to imagine that will be a good thing for the team.  If he throws a lot but doesn't produce, then we have a problem on our hands . . .

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Let’s see them do that when they’re not playing a 7th round QB.

I ve heard this take from a few people but I dont understand the logic.   Wilson is playing against the Steeler and  Dolphin defenses, not their QBs.  

Irregardless you get your wish this weekend.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I ve heard this take from a few people but I dont understand the logic.   Wilson is playing against the Steeler and  Dolphin defenses, not their QBs.  

Irregardless you get your wish this weekend.

but the games would have been different. their QB would be going against our defense and we havent beat a starter yet (Lamar, Burrow).

its very rare to INT a team 4 times even 3 doesnt happen too often. we were losing in the 4th against Pitt. maybe a starting QB puts that game out of reach so Zach couldnt make a incredible comeback.

even Sunday we were up by 2 in the 4th. then they fell apart. Tua was having a great year and his comp % was insane. so its not hard to imagine the game being much closer if he is there.

but this Sunday is it. we get to see if we can beat a really good QB.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

but the games would have been different. their QB would be going against our defense and we havent beat a starter yet (Lamar, Burrow).

its very rare to INT a team 4 times even 3 doesnt happen too often. we were losing in the 4th against Pitt. maybe a starting QB puts that game out of reach so Zach couldnt make a incredible comeback.

even Sunday we were up by 2 in the 4th. then they fell apart. Tua was having a great year and his comp % was insane. so its not hard to imagine the game being much closer if he is there.

but this Sunday is it. we get to see if we can beat a really good QB.

Maybe I missed it. Tua stops the explosives by our offense how?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

They didn't take into account the peripheral interior line crush block %. I'd like to see it with that and the WR's smash % within the first five yards. Especially against former Mountain West DB's on more than their 1st season on retrograde coverage outs. 

24 minutes ago, doitny said:

It’s hard to understand what any of this has to do with our QB or our passing offense, in general 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1