Zach Wilson took HUGE STRIDES FORWARD against the Miami Dolphins! | Film Breakdown ?

jetsons

20 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

How many HUGE strides must Zach take to DOMINATE and put together OUTSTANDING performances week after week?

300 yards or 3 tds when?  Hopefully soon.

Well, given that last game, Breece Hall fell on the 1 yard line twice, that's how close he was to getting a 3 TD game.

And given how good our run game is, I don't think we want ZW feeling the need to throw for 300 yards...?

Let's go for the high percentage, sustained, scoring drives, no? Someone who doesn't make the critical mistake (like we've seen for a good part of last year), and can lead the team down the field when it counts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xJayce said:

Well, given that last game, Breece Hall fell on the 1 yard line twice, that's how close he was to getting a 3 TD game.

And given how good our run game is, I don't think we want ZW feeling the need to throw for 300 yards...?

Let's go for the high percentage, sustained, scoring drives, no? Someone who doesn't make the critical mistake (like we've seen for a good part of last year), and can lead the team down the field when it counts.

Oh I agree.  I’m not blaming Zach for his play last game, there wasn’t much wrong with it.  By all means he should continue to be a high percentage manager as long as we’re winning.

I’m just curious when, or even if, he’ll have a real dominant, breakout (dare I say fantasy) game.  At some point our run game will get stuffed, as it already has.  Next time that happens, I’m looking for Zach to perform closer to Pittsburgh Q4 than Q1-3.

I also hope MF doesn’t get all conservative with Zach like he has at times either.  Let Zach take more shots over the defense.  I’ve been told he has a strong arm (why we beat Tennessee last year). I see very little of it, and had Breece gotten tds, Zach’s 2 or 3 tds would have been 80% YAC.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

How many HUGE strides must Zach take to DOMINATE and put together OUTSTANDING performances week after week?

300 yards or 3 tds when?  Hopefully soon.

Just win baby.  Don't turn the ball over, make good decisions and everything else with come... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Where are all the ignorant Zach haters?  Crickets in this thread for them.

Poor clowns!

They are feverishly scouring the internet to find any negative news about the team they hate.  The George Pickens thread was a last gasp for them.  They are on their knees praying for a loss Sunday to come back and spread their poison.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Oh I agree.  I’m not blaming Zach for his play last game, there wasn’t much wrong with it.  By all means he should continue to be a high percentage manager as long as we’re winning.

I’m just curious when, or even if, he’ll have a real dominant, breakout (dare I say fantasy) game.  At some point our run game will get stuffed, as it already has.  Next time that happens, I’m looking for Zach to perform closer to Pittsburgh Q4 than Q1-3.

I also hope MF doesn’t get all conservative with Zach like he has at times either.  Let Zach take more shots over the defense.  I’ve been told he has a strong arm (why we beat Tennessee last year). I see very little of it, and had Breece gotten tds, Zach’s 2 or 3 tds would have been 80% YAC.

And this isn't directed at you, but give this team a couple of wins, and this board is such a happier place! :)

And yes, we need someone who can make sure the Offense is not unidimensional. I think we're starting to see the O gel (man, if the o line can hold up...), and as teams try and take away, say, Breece and GW, then there's Moore and Davis waiting for big games as they are single covered. Or Conklin finally stops dropping 20% of everything thrown to him and he and CJ go on a tear... Or Carter on wheel routs out of the backfield!

Time will tell. Right now, for year 2, I'm thrilled if ZW ends the season as "Competent game manager showing flashes of greatness" as opposed to "Hero ball junkie how can't read defenses and multiple pics per game". Get to that top 15 range, then look see if we have a top 10...

For the arm power, I think it's there (he's throwing 30 yard ropes down the field). I'm wondering if it's a function of Flacco having ZERO time in the pocket, and MLF deciding to keep things quick until they have more trust in the line (I'd been clamoring weeks past to stop these long developing plays as the QBs have not had very many opportunities with 2.5+ seconds before pressure).

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, Mogglez said:

J.T. O’Sullivan did another full breakdown as well, but this time it was exclusive to Patreon.

He did post some of it on Twitter though.

Was searching for the tailgate thread and stumbled on this

so what happened?  How did he go from this to the patriots game to inactive?

it’s just bizarre really.  Up to this point he was inconsistent , had terrible scrambling habits and needed a lot of polish but seriously what happened? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Was searching for the tailgate thread and stumbled on this

so what happened?  How did he go from this to the patriots game to inactive?

it’s just bizarre really.  Up to this point he was inconsistent , had terrible scrambling habits and needed a lot of polish but seriously what happened? 

A young 40mil$ rookie 2nd overall pick QB entrusted to a 1st time defensive rookie head coach who entrusted his 1st time rookie OC (who is smaller than my 7th grader) to teach him how to play QB in NFL despite the fact he was never a QB himself and is barely 30 himself….I mean what could go wrong?

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

A young 40mil$ rookie 2nd overall pick QB entrusted to a 1st time defensive rookie head coach who entrusted his 1st time rookie OC (who is smaller than my 7th grader) to teach him how to play QB in NFL despite the fact he was never a QB himself and is barely 30 himself….I mean what could go wrong?

Or the more likely,  Zach just isn't  a good QB. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, More Cowbell said:

3 other QB's have run this offense and all of them have better results than Zach. This is past coincidence 

Those 3 other QB were not rookies going thru their 1st year and none of them had to start behind a line that was just learning how to zone block…but all this has been said to nauseating repetitive circle jerking so I’m out.

• Upvote 1