When I see Breece run this is who he reminds me of...

jetsons

Not saying he is in the same league as Earl... but they have a very similar running gait... you really get to see it when Campbell breaks the 80 yarder at the end.... Ironically they both did this against the phins & If Breece had gotten that 1 yard they would have both had 80 yard TD's...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not one of the top 5 greatest RBs of all time according to @Jetsfan80

not saying Breece is in the same league as Earl... Earl Was A BEAST & Is Definitely Top 5 alltime & imo Top 3... just saying I see a very similar running gait... If Breece can be half of what Earl was he would be a Homerun.  

12 minutes ago, jetsons said:

not saying Breece is in the same league as Earl... Earl Was A BEAST & Is Definitely Top 5 alltime & imo Top 3... just saying I see a very similar running gait... If Breece can be half of what Earl was he would be a Homerun.  

Heh, I was just having a little fun in that post. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think AP is a much better stretch comp for Breece right now.  Earl was a unique cat - almost unprecedented blend of raw power, speed and toughness.  I don't think we've seen anyone like him since.  Breece is fast, and has some power, and maybe a bit more wiggle, but he's not a Mack Truck like Earl was.  

Would Henry be a good comp for Earl Campbell? Didn't see him live but he looks like a bulldozer who was fast as hell. That's kind of like Henry.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Would Henry be a good comp for Earl Campbell? Didn't see him live but he looks like a bulldozer who was fast as hell. That's kind of like Henry.

I'm biased because I watched Earl play with stars in my eyes.  But my take is that Henry is much bigger but so is everyone else so it's not an easy comp.  But Earl was definitely faster.  I describe Earl as the only guy I've ever seen who was as good at running around, through or over you, no matter how big or fast you were.  Henry is definitely more of the over or through type of guy.

Here's the thing about Earl.  While he only lasted 8 years and only 5 of them were good, they weren't just good, they were dominant in a way that you don't see anymore.  His first three seasons were ridiculous.

image.png

Henry did have two years in a row like that so it really isn't a bad comp.  

And while this isn't indicative of everything Earl could do, this is the highlight everyone remembers:

Kind of reminds me of what Quinnen just did to Tyreek.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

Not saying he is in the same league as Earl... but they have a very similar running gait... you really get to see it when Campbell breaks the 80 yarder at the end.... Ironically they both did this against the phins & If Breece had gotten that 1 yard they would have both had 80 yard TD's...

you trippin love and hip hop GIF by VH1