Snyder claims 'dirt' on NFL owners, Goodell

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This forums obsession with Dan Snyder is something else. 

I'm sure he is a raging scumbag on a hundred different levels, but he could not tip his Uber driver and this forum would start a post about it. 

He is a dirtbag but, this article is about his impact on the NFL as a whole.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I'm sure he is a raging scumbag on a hundred different levels, but he could not tip his Uber driver and this forum would start a post about it. 

The NY DA is on this case as well aka no one cares

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

There are only 32 owners in the league. That's about a third of the number of U.S. Senators. It's a small, elite club. And when one of its members goes rogue, it has ripple effects throughout the league. It's a story, just like Brette Favre stealing money from a welfare program, or John Gruden sending foolish texts, or Bellicheck cheating. Not sure why you're even concerned about it showing up here. It should.

The owners and coaches all do weird and sometimes vile sh*t but I guarantee you that Snyder has the most threads on this Jets forum by a long shot, next to Belicheck. 

Is it because he gets into the most trouble? Possibly. Is it because Jets fans seem to have a hard on for him? Possibly. 

I think the majority of people on the forum are from the northeast, so maybe have a more vested interest in him. But outside of that area, nobody gives a sh*t about him generally. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The owners and coaches all do weird and sometimes vile sh*t but I guarantee you that Snyder has the most threads on this Jets forum by a long shot, next to Belicheck. 

Is it because he gets into the most trouble? Possibly. Is it because Jets fans seem to have a hard on for him? Possibly. 

I think the majority of people on the forum are from the northeast, so maybe have a more vested interest in him. But outside of that area, nobody gives a sh*t about him generally. 

I lived in the DC area, hate the ex-Foreskins, and hate their fans, who were so obnoxious in the 80's through about 2011 that I picked up the Giants as my second team just so I could root against them. Snyder has an outsized influence on the area by virtue of his navigating, manipulating and otherwise screwing local governments and people, and I wish him a painful retirement in Guantanamo. I even did some computer work for one of his in-laws, and they were mean, snobby jerks that we had to write off a good part of our bill because they stiffed us for most of it. I hope his small private parts are gnawed off his body by a rabid weasel. So for better or worse, I follow the stories and wish him the worst outcomes possible.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I lived in the DC area, hate the ex-Foreskins, and hate their fans, who were so obnoxious in the 80's through about 2011 that I picked up the Giants as my second team just so I could root against them. Snyder has an outsized influence on the area by virtue of his navigating, manipulating and otherwise screwing local governments and people, and I wish him a painful retirement in Guantanamo. I even did some computer work for one of his in-laws, and they were mean, snobby jerks that we had to write off a good part of our bill because they stiffed us for most of it. I hope his small private parts are gnawed off his body by a rabid weasel. So for better or worse, I follow the stories and wish him the worst outcomes possible.

I can understand that. Suppose this is how us in Indiana feel about the coke head Jim Irsay. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Snyder recently told a close associate that he has gathered enough secrets to "blow up" several NFL owners, the league office and even commissioner Roger Goodell. 

"They can't f--- with me," he has said privately. Senior team executives and confidants have heard him say it since he was considered merely one of the worst owners in sports. Now that he's facing investigations on multiple fronts and running out of high-powered allies, he alludes more than ever to the dirty work. Snyder, now 57 years old, has told associates he will not lose his beloved franchise without a fight that would end with multiple casualties. "The NFL is a mafia," he recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."  A team spokesperson called it "simply ridiculous and utterly false" that Snyder ever said that he could blow up the league, or that the league "can't f---" with him, or that "the NFL is a mafia" or "all owners hate each other.

It's a long read at ESPN, but interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34778123/washington-commanders-owner-dan-snyder-claims-dirt-nfl-owners-roger-goodell

Where does the Chucky affair fall into this ??? I'd LOVE to see all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out.  

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Seems like a stretch. I don’t think it’s this site, given he’s in the national sport news headlines a lot.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Snyder recently told a close associate that he has gathered enough secrets to "blow up" several NFL owners, the league office and even commissioner Roger Goodell. 

"They can't f--- with me," he has said privately. Senior team executives and confidants have heard him say it since he was considered merely one of the worst owners in sports. Now that he's facing investigations on multiple fronts and running out of high-powered allies, he alludes more than ever to the dirty work. Snyder, now 57 years old, has told associates he will not lose his beloved franchise without a fight that would end with multiple casualties. "The NFL is a mafia," he recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."  A team spokesperson called it "simply ridiculous and utterly false" that Snyder ever said that he could blow up the league, or that the league "can't f---" with him, or that "the NFL is a mafia" or "all owners hate each other.

It's a long read at ESPN, but interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34778123/washington-commanders-owner-dan-snyder-claims-dirt-nfl-owners-roger-goodell

Who for a moment doesn't believe that these couldn't be real statements?

You just hope that you can get some enjoyment out of your team and move on.......

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Sounds very much like someone else we all know.

• Upvote 1