Robbie Anderson devastated by Matt Rhule firing

AFJF

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

remember when rhule was the guy the jets needed?  is he even better than gase?  rhule is just another example of giving a college coach too much power. 

Dude he went 6-6 at TEMPLE!!!!

Rhule is a garbage nfl head coach.  Maybe his schtick works as a college recruiter but he is not even a mediocre NFL playcaller.  Such an overhyped tool

• Upvote 2

I’d like to see Robby or a player like him as our #4 wr.  IMO tge problem with our wr corps as currently constructed is in our top 4, we have 3 guys that may be most effective in slot and no one that is true downfield deep threat. I’d keep berrios as return guy and trick play distraction type guy but I wish we had someone that could go deep on fly routes like Robbie could 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yup, one trick pony!  

Kudos to JD for seeing it.  Thank you Joe Douglas thank you!!

I think he can be a viable #3 WR on a good team - similar to dedric ward on the 98 jets. Nice deep threat who can take the top off the defense and give you an occasional explosive play. Anything more than that is unrealistic. 

22 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I’d like to see Robby or a player like him as our #4 wr.  IMO tge problem with our wr corps as currently constructed is in our top 4, we have 3 guys that may be most effective in slot and no one that is true downfield deep threat. I’d keep berrios as return guy and trick play distraction type guy but I wish we had someone that could go deep on fly routes like Robbie could 

mims.jpg

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think he can be a viable #3 WR on a good team - similar to dedric ward on the 98 jets. Nice deep threat who can take the top off the defense and give you an occasional explosive play. Anything more than that is unrealistic. 

Sure....if you can pay him WR3 money, that is.  Currently, he is making WR27 money.  I.E. low-end WR1 or WR2 money.

What exactly is the issue here? Nothing he said is incorrect or newsworthy. He's not the most articulate person, but calling him stupid or dumb is ****ed up and probably based on other factors. If you follow him on social media or listen to him and are able to get past his inability to articulate his thoughts in a fashion that agrees with your sensibilities, you would clearly see that he is an intelligible person who has made mistakes in the public eye and comes from a very difficult past, but is doing his best to rise above it. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Not a malcontent.  Just dumber than dirt.  We missed him for about a minute on some unfortunate versions of this team.  This current team is making me forget Anderson ever did anything worthwhile here.

Can't both things be true at once? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

13 hours ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Not a malcontent.  Just dumber than dirt.  We missed him for about a minute on some unfortunate versions of this team.  This current team is making me forget Anderson ever did anything worthwhile here.

This. 

RA has the IQ of an empty jar of mayonnaise. I've still barely recovered from the times I read his tweets. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Former English teacher here. To his credit, he did spell "weather" correctly....many online use "whether."  FWIW a lot posts here on JN have spelling errors, too.

If you new they're were mistakes you could of pointed them out. Your just a grammer show off. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This I can get behind. He belongs in the league and can be a serviceable. People in this fan base drastically overrate him and dont seem to realize in order to break 1000 yards he needed a near 30% target share and plays completely inefficiently.

If Robbie is getting more than a 12% target share somethi g has gone horribly wrong with your roster construction.

He's  a WR 3/4 who has been given more opportunity than he deserves and that led to one season over 1K yards.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure....if you can pay him WR3 money, that is.  Currently, he is making WR27 money.  I.E. low-end WR1 or WR2 money.

Therein lies the problem. Robbies extension signed in August has him making 15 mil per... that contract alone should have sent Fitterer out the door with Rhule.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:37 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

What exactly is the issue here? Nothing he said is incorrect or newsworthy. He's not the most articulate person, but calling him stupid or dumb is ****ed up and probably based on other factors. If you follow him on social media or listen to him and are able to get past his inability to articulate his thoughts in a fashion that agrees with your sensibilities, you would clearly see that he is an intelligible person who has made mistakes in the public eye and comes from a very difficult past, but is doing his best to rise above it. 

No issue.  A text transcript of what RA said wouldn’t be significant. 

But the delivery was hilarious.  Robby can’t get away from horrible quarterbacks and head coaches he’s clearly worn down

• Upvote 2