*** College Game Day 10-15 ***

Beerfish

Lots of good games today.  Quite a few people are picking Tennessee to beat Bama.

If Bryce Young is out they have a shot but Tenn has not seen a D like Bama I do not see them romping down the field with ease.

Michigan vs penn state might be good.  I know nothing about penn state this year.

We'll find out if usc is for real as they play a warm body this week.

Ok state and tcu should be a score fest.

Vandy is he next Whitechapel victim for Georgia

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Lots of good games today.  Quite a few people are picking Tennessee to beat Bama.

If Bryce Young is out they have a shot bu Tenn has not seen a D like Bama I do not see them romping down the field with ease.

Michigan vs penn state might be good.  I know nothing about penn state this year.

I’ll be watching TCU and OSU.

Just now, Beerfish said:

If Bryce Young is out they have a shot bu Tenn has not seen a D like Bama I do not see them romping down the field with ease.

Not going to believe Tennesse can beat Bama until after I see Tennessee beat Bama.  This is the spot where Alabama so often exposes a contender as a pretender. 

Really hoping we can get up big on Vandy early so I can watch that Bama-Tennessee matchup - sucks that both games are 2:30 starts.  My confidence is still shaken by the Mizzou game, so it may be a two TV afternoon for me today.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If Bryce Young is out they have a shot but Tenn has not seen a D like Bama I do not see them romping down the field with ease.

Db on penn state I believe is Joey porters kid.

he is good and I believe at top 10 projected pick

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Dominant start for Michigan, unti they get to 1st and goal and then the offense sputters. Ya gotta feel good to be as close as they are after two possessions.

Being upfront I am not a penn state fan and betting on them is not smart for me.

holding mich  to 2 fg’s would have  me a little worried if I was a mich fan

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Being upfront I am not a penn state fan and betting on them is not smart for me.

holding mich  to 2 fg’s would have  me a little worried if I was a mich fan

Penn State neds to get something going on this drive.  Can't send the defense out after another 3 and out or they could get gassed and go down big early.

• Upvote 1

Go Vols!

Trivia: I was in the stands at Neyland when Tennessee upset Alabama in 1982 after many years of futility.  Fans (including me) stormed the field, tore down goalposts, marched along Cumberland Avenue, etc.  There were near riot conditions that night at times.

Hopefully the Vols win but cooler heads prevail afterwards.

:-)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Penn State neds to get something going on this drive.  Can't send the defense out after another 3 and out or they could get gassed and go down big early.

Not sure how it turns out but holding to those two field goals will prob play a factor

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What a turn of events, michgan controls the whole game and two plays and penn state leads

I was about to turn the game off.  Then Clifford breaks off the 60+ yard run, and I am glad I stuck with it.  MIchigan still probably wins by double digits, but at least for now, it is still a game.

I’m watching Umich vs Penn State but what looked like a close game is now Umich plus 17 in the 4th quarter. There’s been some turnovers so game not over yet but it seems that way. Switching off to Phillies vs Braves go Phillies. Can’t remember ever rooting for a Philadelphia team before but I am today. Phillies leading 4-1 in 3rd. Game of day should be Alabama vs Tennessee see if Tenn is for real. But I’m more interested in Vandy vs Georgia I’m a Vandy fan but that game shouldn’t last long so I can switch off very early. 

As a Penn State fan I have to say it, James Franklin is an awful coach.

His teams lay eggs in big games on road, we have zero offensive creativity or flow.  Our defensive game plan today was atrocious.  Plus I have never seen him or his staff make any halftime adjustments.  

I can’t remember one game where I felt Franklin out coached or out schemed anyone.  Here comes the patented three game slide.

Take away a few years with Barkley and McSorley who ad libbed Franklin to victory, this has been a soft and under achieving team.

now the rest of the league is hiring good coaches and we gave this snake oil salesman a ten year extension!

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yup.

Through one quarter Tennessee have just been better. Not lucky to have eleven point lead.

Not sure if they can keep it up though. Bama are deep.

Yup. We will see. I thought Bama got lucky in the UT and Texas A&M games. But if they keep pulling these games out, then it’s not luck.

They’re in a big hole. And Tennessee’s QB is locked in.

• Upvote 1