*** College Game Day 10-15 ***

Beerfish

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The uniforms were totally ass backwards that game.  I kept thinking tcu was okst as well.  TCU looked nothing like their normal unis.

I had a okst/mich st ml parlay and thought I won. 
I was shopping on Amazon with the hit and the see it as a loss on FanDuel.

still can’t believe I thought they won

11 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I'll take it!  Looked like McGrath was so nervous he actually started moving forward a split second early.  

My son is on faculty at UT Martin, I just called him and said good luck going to Knoxville next week!! ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I like Bryce Young as a QB. Nothing stands out as elite though. Release is good, arm strength is good, accuracy is very good and athleticism is really good. Seems to scan the field well too. Solid prospect. 

I think his pocket presence is elite. He took a whooping back there today and stayed calm the entire game. 

• Upvote 3

I saw the end of Alabama vs Tenn and it was a tough loss for Bama. Players give 100% a lot of time and hard work and the results are often roll of the dice. So it’s personally tough on players and coaches to deal with it. But what I like about sports is that they accept it shake hands and don’t complain or make false statements they got screwed. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Very true.

they called one on usc towards the end of that game which was terrible.

the only way to make it worse was they also looked at it as targeting and at least they said no to that.

helped me as I had Utah but a terrible call

Yep.  That one was ridiculously bad and then Gators picked off LSU giving them a chance to go tie the game, a flag comes flying after the INT was made, roughing the passers albeit somewhat questionable per the rules but it's stupid AF. And boom, LSU wins.  Previous drive, LSU had a blatant defensive PI (very similar to the Bama game) on 4th down and yet, no flag.

This cant continue and the main reason why is because of people like you.  You legalize gambling and then these game altering flags get thrown and time and time again, they just so happen to be the deciding factor in how a team covers or doesnt?  Come'on.  lol  We already know the NBA was throwing games and the NFL clearly refs games different per players and teams, you cant tell me that this sh*t isnt getting fixed.  It's honestly to blatant and times and now they're coming in game/spread altering fashion.

It's honestly making me become a casual observer.  Very hard to be invested in this sh*t anymore, when I'm being dead serious, I think there is 100% a tilt going on across Football. 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:04 AM, JiFapono said:

Yep.  That one was ridiculously bad and then Gators picked off LSU giving them a chance to go tie the game, a flag comes flying after the INT was made, roughing the passers albeit somewhat questionable per the rules but it's stupid AF. And boom, LSU wins.  Previous drive, LSU had a blatant defensive PI (very similar to the Bama game) on 4th down and yet, no flag.

This cant continue and the main reason why is because of people like you.  You legalize gambling and then these game altering flags get thrown and time and time again, they just so happen to be the deciding factor in how a team covers or doesnt?  Come'on.  lol  We already know the NBA was throwing games and the NFL clearly refs games different per players and teams, you cant tell me that this sh*t isnt getting fixed.  It's honestly to blatant and times and now they're coming in game/spread altering fashion.

It's honestly making me become a casual observer.  Very hard to be invested in this sh*t anymore, when I'm being dead serious, I think there is 100% a tilt going on across Football. 

Your take on legalized gambling is a bit off. Sites like Fanduel, Draftkings etc and fantasy sites are not having an effect on the games from a gambling or ref throwing a call for profit. Those sites are for nickel and dime guys. Small Potatoes.

The real money has been around longer before legalization outside of Vegas and it is that money where fixes would be applied.

As far as roughing the QB, the majority of those are a direct corelation to the protect the QB rules put in place the last 10-15 years. The main issue with them is lack of consistency whether it be pros or colleges and I agree it is getting worse.

The quality of the games is absolutley being deteriorated by inconsistent referee calls - but to claim it is because of guys like me (or the majority of others on this site who are in fantasy or other leagues associated with low level gambling) is simply inaccurate.

Having said that , let's call it a day and enjoy another Jet win and onto Denver.