<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson: 1 catch for 8 yards

Elijah Moore: Goose egg

But the TEAM still wins going wire to wire (never behind), and destroys GB at Home in the money half.  

Hey, the Packers Dbacks played great, they mirrored Wilson all game….nothing for Wilson to go to.  Then the fearsome Jet running game (id normally put that in quotes) destroys GB, no need to throw At All with the ground game on fire like that.

You don’t think the Jet ground game is going to open up play action for Wilson to hit bombs, probably Every game now?  I know you do.

You want to keep hating on Wilson, you can, he’s definitely not perfect but he’s also far from a finished product.  The main numbers on Wilson right now in 2022 are:

Games played…3  

Wins……………….3

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

[mention=9582]T0mShane[/mention] has his suspicions if he’s a guy as well. He’s just one of those ya just ain’t sure but who cares. He’s the best QB we’ve had since Vinny. 

I’m a 40 year Jet fan so I have no clue what “the guy” looks like. All I know is our current QB is 3-0 this season and that includes him leading a 4th quarter comeback on the road at Pittsburgh. Also, his teammates seem to really have a ton of respect for him. That might be a good thing
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

As long as zach doesn't turn the ball over the Jets can win. zach isnt playing hero ball like he did last year, with the running backs they have and way defense and ST are playing all zach has to do is manage the game . I dont think zach will ever be a mahomes thats ok if he can be a chad Pennington minus injuries thats all they need.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Really? He's came through and made solid plays in every game this year that he's played. 

Aaron Rodgers looked bad today. Guess he shouldn't start again.

He’s only handing the ball off. When it’s on him to make a play it’s very rare he does. Anything. 

Fans see the win and give him credit but miss the misqueues and bad reads. See the win and not the flaws.  

plenty of bad in ZW play covered up by defensive play and rbs. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Man I really, really hope Zach is the guy.

As good as it is to win, these are Sanchezian-lite performances from him. Struggle/look mediocre in the early game, and then make a few good throws in the 4th quarter to put the team in position to win. Also, much like those 09-10 teams, the defense, special teams, and run game really drove today's win.

It's great that he's winning, but if he's not able to take over games with his arm by the end of the year, I'd be looking for the Jets to bring in competition next year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Zach-haters will always find stuff to complain about. Zach was solid when he needed to be. Kid is a gamer.

He didn't do great, but he also didn't suck. Rough first half with some bad conditions, and issues with pressure/ receivers not getting open. However he was perfect when he needed to be in the 2nd. Only 4 passes but 4 completions for 80 yards in crucial drives. 

It gets about a C from me. Maybe C minus. Nothing conclusive in either direction. 

Just now, Stark said:

He’s only handing the ball off. When it’s on him to make a play it’s very rare he does. Anything. 

Fans see the win and give him credit but miss the misqueues and bad reads. See the win and not the flaws.  

plenty of bad in sweet play covered up by defensive play and rbs. 

Did you watch the Steeler game?  Yes he wasn’t good today but gotta be a tad bit fair

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

as long as zach doesn't turn the ball over the Jets can win zach isnt playing hero ball like he did last year with the running backs they have and way defense and ST are playing all zach has to do is manage the game I dont think zach will ever be a mahomes thats ok if he can be a chad Pennington minus injuries thats all they need.

This is a good point; maybe this game shows ZW that he doesn't always have to put the game on his shoulders...

Just now, Grandy said:

He didn't do great, but he also didn't suck. Rough first half with some bad conditions, and issues with pressure/ receivers not getting open. However he was perfect when he needed to be in the 2nd. Only 4 passes but 4 completions for 80 yards in crucial drives. 

It gets about a C from me. Maybe C minus. Nothing conclusive in either direction. 

^^
Hater

Don't you know that a win is an automatic A++++++??

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I, literally, can’t believe this.

The New York Jets beat Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay in Lambeau Field.

I’m so unbelievably happy.

They said that the Jets are one of like 3 teams to have a career winning record in Lambeau.  Jets are somehow 4-2 in Lambeau.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What kind of low brow take is this? Who cares. You don’t win championships like this.  At some point the most important position in the game is gonna have to carry the game. 

You are missing the point. He didn’t have to today, so why force it? It was a great job of coaching. The run game was dominant in the second half and the defense was great. So why have Wilson throw? He did what he needed to do today. He managed the game and didn’t make a mistake.  

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

It was, without a doubt, his worst game since coming back.

Quick hits:

- Best defense he’s played, by far.  They absolutely clamped our WRs.

- The first touchdown drive he was clutch.  The big throw to Corey Davis was huge.

- The big throws to Corey Davis and Conklin on the final TD drive were clutch.

- He needs to be better.  I believe he will be.

- They won.  People around here need to just enjoy this.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

What’s the excuse for Rodgers? He lost to Zach today by 3 scores

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, FidelioJet said:

This is exactly correct.

Was he good today, no.

Did he make plays when they were needed to be made? ABSOLUTELY.

It's exactly what Zach has done in the three wins - he keeps making plays when they're needed to be made.

Exactly.  Nobody is saying Wilson was good today but it’s gotten to the point that if he sneezes at the wrong time then he’s a bust lol.  Hell I know some dolphin fans who like him more than some fans here.  I think some are so certain that they’re right about him that they will never even try to enjoy or root for the kid it’s pretty crazy 

• Upvote 3