<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Only because at BYU his O line was made up of 28 year old mountain men with 4-6 kids each, full beards and of Samoan descent. For the most part he saw real pressure for first time at the NFL level. Cost him about 3-4 games a season so far, simply not built for the NFL game. A lot like Jamal Adams. 

Yeah you've posted thus same drivel like 80 times

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

It’s hard not to pick the Pack at home. I don’t see our D esp the secondary being able to be successful vs Rodgers who so far hasn’t been as good as he was when he had Adams as his key receiver. It’s a big drop off to the current guys but they are OK and he can work with them it’s just not as good. The Jets key on D would be putting pressure on Rodgers and our key player is Quinnen. If he has a good game we have a chance. But I think overall Rodgers wins. GB 27 Jets 17.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah you've posted thus same drivel like 80 times

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Only because at BYU his O line was made up of 28 year old mountain men with 4-6 kids each, full beards and of Samoan descent. For the most part he saw real pressure for first time at the NFL level. Cost him about 3-4 games a season so far, simply not built for the NFL game. A lot like Jamal Adams. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Well I am not tiny.

What the he'll is wrong with Packers fans? They are all like super friendly

I live about 2.5-3 hours south of where you are right now.  

They're friendly because they perceive you as inferior.  

Wait until after the upset happens.  

The Aryan blood comes out.  

I fear for your safety.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sacked 11 times in twelve games during a covid year. We’re only now learning if he can prosper when under pressure.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I went and looked it up. Here’s the chart showing the disparity in Zach’s play between clean pocket v pressure. Interesting stuff showing the difference between QBs who can narrow the divide and those who haven’t.

21EB4CCE-FD97-4786-9CDA-DDBB3560461D.png

So I guess this means Mayfield sucks under any condition?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sacked 11 times in twelve games during a covid year. We’re only now learning if he can prosper when under pressure.

I think it’s safe to say he has learned to not destroy the team during pressure situations like last year in almost every first half of the season. That part has improved. I hope they showed him the film from that late first half pick in the Steelers game couple 3-4 dozen times a day like….

58553F1A-D730-4F18-823A-727E704323F1.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Update:  Only half & half and sugar in coffee this morning.  No specialty creamer.  Also, about to go over to NFL Countdown for the first time this morning for my weekly Samantha Ponder check in.   That is all.

I'm a black coffee guy, but I had some of my wife's caramel/vanilla something today.  It was so sweet it made my teeth hurt.  Not sure how she drinks that stuff.  

I expect a healthy movement from it soon though. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BP said:

I think I’ve seen the Jets call 1 screen pass all year so far (and it was for a loss). They called maybe a couple of draw plays out of the shotgun and they were successful. Screens and draw plays calm down the blitz and the pass rush. Unfortunately, we’re not good at either execution of them or defending them. So there’s that.

Running outside has been pretty successful. Up the gut, not at all.

Rodgers is very talented. But his MO for a while has been to get up 2 TDs in the first half and then go dead 3rd quarter on. Always whining about losing receivers like Adams. Looks like the Packers offense is really less than the sum of their parts.

A winnable game if Wilson can deal with the rush. Would very much like to see Garrett Wilson get lots of targets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Tried posting this, sorry if it’s a double post. ESPN radio just said the officiating crew for this game is #1 in flags thrown, including #1 in roughing the passer calls. Jets have to be disciplined. Also said Rodgers is 5-1 with this officiating crew since 2016. 

So basically if there is a hand on Aaron Rodgers we are going with the roughing the passer. Great 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

So basically if there is a hand on Aaron Rodgers we are going with the roughing the passer. Great 

Sounds like it. Gave some other crazy stats. Rodgers & Lafleur haven’t lost 2 in a row yet. 10-0 against the spread after losses. Tough one ahead hopefully jets can hold it down 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Tried posting this, sorry if it’s a double post. ESPN radio just said the officiating crew for this game is #1 in flags thrown, including #1 in roughing the passer calls. Jets have to be disciplined. Also said Rodgers is 5-1 with this officiating crew since 2016. 

I’d be more concerned if they were #1 in pass interference calls, that’s what’s been killing the Jets. The Packers have won a lot of game with Rodgers, so they probably have a good record with almost any crew. Doesn’t matter who was ref’ing this game, Rodgers was always gonna get a couple calls his way. 

Jets have been more disciplined since the first couple weeks. They just need to play their game. Coach Smash will give them their last minute rules tips before the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1