If we win today do you feel more confident in the team?

PorP

If we win today are we legit?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. If we win today are we legit?

• Yes
    • No

Excuses get made when the Jets win. 

I wonder if they win this game does that excuse thing happen again with Packers look like trash or if they had devonte type talk. 

Stats and rank wise we are good, even excellent in certain categories but I still can't stop waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think we are legit with this win regardless of any in game injuries. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're asking two very different questions in the topic title and the poll.

1. If we win today do you feel more confident in the team?

Yes.  No qualifiers.

2, If we win today are we legit?

Very much TBD, with several qualifiers.

That was kinda the point of the poll fish.  When do the qualifiers stop.

With new rules it is plausible to have qualifiers in every game this year

26 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If it rains, will my grass get wet? Start a poll.

Only difference between the Jets and your grass are the 99 qualifiers. 

If your grass was the Jets you'd absolutely have to know if it was indoor or outdoor grass,  light or heavy rain. If outdoor is any of it covered,  are we talking 100% of the grass

And bla bla etc. etc. To have any confidence that maybe the grass might get wet. 

Aaron Rodgers has won more than 80% of his regular season games at Lambeau and his last loss in GB during regular season was in November of 2020.  Last time with fans September of 19.

If the Jets win today, regardless of how lucky or other adjective assigned to it, there should be zero disbelievers left.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, PorP said:

Only difference between the Jets and your grass are the 99 qualifiers. 

If your grass was the Jets you'd absolutely have to know if it was indoor or outdoor grass,  light or heavy rain. If outdoor is any of it covered,  are we talking 100% of the grass

And bla bla etc. etc. To have any confidence that maybe the grass might get wet. 

Nope.

If they beat the Packers, there isn't a single Jets fan alive that is going to not feel good about it. Period. It would answer the question definitively "can they beat a team like the Packers".

Let's get the win first. Then discuss. Know too that it is extremely unlikely, and that is OK. 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Nope.

If they beat the Packers, there isn't a single Jets fan alive that is going to not feel good about it. Period. It would answer the question definitively "can they beat a team like the Packers".

Let's get the win first. Then discuss. Know too that it is extremely unlikely, and that is OK. 

Ya. A loss won't destroy my belief...

But I will continue to believe the Chris Siimms of the world when they say something like "I know jets are ranked  10th in defense but they are not a top 10 defense"

And I do know it's unlikely.  But the Jets surprised me 2 weeks in a row,  when we went down to the Steelers I'm like "here we go again". When the phins started coming back I'm like "here we go again"

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It depends on how they win and lose. If they look good and lose it’s better then winning by luck and looking awful. 

I see what you’re saying but I have to disagree. Getting the W is the most important part of today because it means more down the road. Moral victories, at this point, do not. 

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Packers should easily win this. If the Jets make a game out of it and it’s close it’s good. It’s a young team, they’re not winning every game. 

This is not the GB Packer team of old and Rogers has been shakey at best. This is a game the Jets should be able to win. It isn't  going to be an easy game for either team

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Drums said:

I see what you’re saying but I have to disagree. Getting the W is the most important part of today because it means more down the road. Moral victories, at this point, do not. 

I agree but this is a young team that isn’t very good. They’re not winning them all but they do need to look the part more then not. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I agree but this is a young team that isn’t very good. They’re not winning them all but they do need to look the part more then not. 

If we're in it half way through the 4th and cover, I'd say it's marked improvement over years past.

If we win.... all bets are off.

Packers can be down for all I care, this would be big.