Quinnen Williams

PS17

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

His play literally did a 180 after that sideline blowup with the Dline coach. 

So once the Dline coach challenged his manhood, Quinnen finally decided to play up to his potential.

Hopefully it continues. 

I'm starting to wonder if Ulbrich and teh DL coach have been playing 3D chess riling up QW

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, derp said:

Beast. Hopefully he’s a guy who sticks around and is a cornerstone for a while. He’s definitely setting up to get paid.

Thats my concern. Might just be another Dtackle who has his best season in his contract year and then goes poof (Haynesworth, Leonard williams etc). Gotta watch out for that. Could be a good time to trade him, IMO. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 4

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Thats my concern. Might just be another Dtackle who has his best season in his contract year and then goes poof (Haynesworth, Leonard williams etc). Gotta watch out for that. Could be a good time to trade him, IMO. 

Yeah, definitely a concern.  Though he seems like he has a much better attitude, so hopefully it doesn't happen like that.  And I think he's looked good other years too, just with no support he couldn't make any plays.  Now with some support, he's making plays.

Q came into the league young with a healthy amount of baby fat. Any reasonable person should have known it was going to take him a couple seasons to come into his own and I’m happy that he has put in the work and reached his full potential. Unlike Haynesworth, or even Jenkins, Q is in phenomenal shape which should allow him to sustain this performance for years to come. I have no reservations giving him a huge contract and making him the face of this D for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Barton said:

That should factor into guarantee structure. He’s been winning against offensive linemen for a while he’s just putting up counting stats now. I think it’s worthy of a dice roll.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, derp said:

That should factor into guarantee structure. He’s been winning against offensive linemen for a while he’s just putting up counting stats now. I think it’s worthy of a dice roll.

At some point, you have to start signing your 1st round draft picks to second contracts. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

At some point, you have to start signing your 1st round draft picks to second contracts. 

They need to be worth it of course, but if there’s a DT putting up double digit sacks (if Q gets there) then that’s a guy you re-sign. Long as he fits etc.

• Upvote 1