Robert Saleh

For the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to football on Sundays.   I was fishing in Mexico yesterday and following the game with play by play texts from a buddy.  

And for the first time in a long time I can say Im a Jets fan without wincing or following that up with a “ I know, they re brutal.”

Its a great feeling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I will say this: I am ready to eat a big plate of sh*t over Saleh. This was his vision—to create a Seahawks/Niners East and it’s starting to look very much like those teams. I think he’s still pretty far away from being a contender, but even a miserable **** like me has to acknowledge the Jets are playing tough, physical, old-school football. Good on him. I thought he was a poof and his team would be a poof, but I was dead wrong. So far. To this point. Several disclaimers*

*Parity, weird year in the league, scoring is down, Becton sucks, Zach sucks, Ayahuasca poisoning, Daboll for COTY

I will give you credit for admitting that your estimation of Saleh was wrong.   A lot of guys were calling for his head and Ive seen few mea culpas.   
So you got that going for ya.  Which is nice!

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

I will give you credit for admitting that your estimation of Saleh was wrong.   A lot of guys were calling for his head and Ive seen few mea culpas.   
So you got that going for ya.  Which is nice!

I reject your acceptance of my post based on the fact that you’ve been fishing in Mexico during this entire win streak, you elitist snowbird

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It's funny - two weeks ago many were asking for Saleh's head. Culture is BS. Receipts was stupid. He was too stoic and then he was a buffoon getting pumped up on the sidelines. Ulbrich was the worst DC ever.

Many were ready to get rid of JD just so we could go all in on Sean Payton. Let's reboot 3 games into Saleh's second season. We were going with a coach that was burnt out and needed time off. We went that way with Parcell's and after a few years he got tired.

I am afraid when we loose some games, we are going to be back into this nonsense all over again.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

It's funny - two weeks ago many were asking for Saleh's head. Culture is BS. Receipts was stupid. He was too stoic and then he was a buffoon getting pumped up on the sidelines. Ulbrich was the worst DC ever.

Many were ready to get rid of JD just so we could go all in on Sean Payton. Let's reboot 3 games into Saleh's second season. We were going with a coach that was burnt out and needed time off. We went that way with Parcell's and after a few years he got tired.

I am afraid when we loose some games, we are going to be back into this nonsense all over again.

All the fire everyone threads were embarrassing for Jet fans.  I bet most of those posters arent even posting anymore.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I reject your acceptance of my post based on the fact that you’ve been fishing in Mexico during this entire win streak, you elitist snowbird

vodka GIF

Snowbird? Screw that. Full time, baby! 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

E713E6CF-637C-46F1-99DE-E2D3D09CA746.thumb.jpeg.c34ea0fb70ebb897fee5f567914758fa.jpeg

The figure really depicts what Saleh cares about in regards to Defense. The bottom two stats (pressure pct and takeaways) are his priority. He cares less how many yards are given up which is not to say he doesn’t care about it, just secondary. 

Couple things.

The Jets played man with Reed and Sauce most of the game. That us a huge philosophical change. Also, Sauce is now in charge of calls in the secondary another huge change.

Also let's not read too much into thus game. Both defenses had a huge advantage because they were facing the same offense they run and run by brothers no less for even more insight.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

So you're saying that the internet is filled with people with crazy 0-100 takes that swing wildly from one direction to the next????

No. No way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1