Here we go...can't even have a few hours of success....

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

A young WR who wants the ball more and posts on social media in 2022.

Shocked, I am.  Truly shocked.

Not targeting him is a failure by our offense. 

While after we win isn't the time, and social media isn't the place, to address it....it is something we need to improve on.

And we will need Moore to be good to take any next step as a franchise.  

P.S. It's sad watching so many hypocrites who thought Moore was a future all-pro outright lie and call him "lazy" or claim he's not running good routes.  Total BS, but keep on being the same old same old Jets fans.  I guess it's easier to throw Moore under the bus than admit Zach has had trouble seeing him when he's been open...

Have you studied the all 22 to establish that he’s been open? Vs Pittsburgh he ran a lazy route that caused a pick. Vs Miami he ran a lazy comeback on a throw that was a bit short but hit him in both hands, he also ran a lazy route when he had both feet out of bounds on the sideline. He is the #3 WR behind Wilson and Davis, and the #4 option at best behind Breece. Berrios is an all pro returner with better burst and is better on jet sweeps. Moore simply doesn’t have a role in this offense beyond that. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Seemed serious to me, and practically everyone else in this thread.

Jets are 11th in the NFL in scoring.  He can't be serious.  I'm pretty sure he meant it to be a joke and it didn't go over.  He simply can't be that dumb.  

Just now, Biggs said:

Jets are 11th in the NFL in scoring.  He can't be serious.  I'm pretty sure he meant it to be a joke and it didn't go over.  He simply can't be that dumb.  

Last year he was the key wr and key piece on offense and now he’s an afterthought.  Truth they could play berrios and Jeff smith and not skip a beat.  I also think the TEs are more important to ZWs development.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Last year he was the key wr and key piece on offense and now he’s an afterthought.  Truth they could play berrios and Jeff smith and not skip a beat.  I also think the TEs are more important to ZWs development.

Last year if he didn't get hurt he was on pace to have around 780 passing yards.  That would put him around 45 in the NFL.  Last years O was 28th in points.  Last years O was straight trash.   Moore flashed but he was far from a productive good NFL WR.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Last year if he didn't get hurt he was on pace to have around 780 passing yards.  That would put him around 45 in the NFL.  Last years O was 28th in points.  Last years O was straight trash.   Moore flashed but he was far from a productive good NFL WR.  

I agree, but the offense last year did not have hall, garrett or the 2 FA TEs.  All i wrote was that last year, moore was considered the best weapon they have, while this year even carter is more important.  With davis, wilson and berrios, they could trade moore and bring on another wr and not lose anything.  Plus at some point ruckert may also play and he’s another weapon, hopefully.  It wouldn’t hurt to put more size out there for ZW and i think the TEs are going to become more integral to the passing game. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Nothing about it is dumb. Immature to vocalize it, especially this early on in the season when we're winning? Sure. But not dumb.

His usage is undoubtedly down, and I'd expect that should change at some point.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nothing about it is dumb. Immature to vocalize it, especially this early on in the season when we're winning? Sure. But not dumb.

His usage is undoubtedly down, and I'd expect that should change at some point.

He's usage should be down.  We have lots of weapons and he's at best the 3rd WR and I'd rather pass the ball to Hall than to Moore putting him at best as the No. 4 target if you want to completely discount the TE. 

If he wants out shut up and quietly ask to get out.  He's got to prove he's a lot better if he's going to get major targets in a run first O with at least 4 better weapons in the passing game.   It's an extremely dumb comment it makes him less valuable and less wanted around the league.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree, but the offense last year did not have hall, garrett or the 2 FA TEs.  All i wrote was that last year, moore was considered the best weapon they have, while this year even carter is more important.  With davis, wilson and berrios, they could trade moore and bring on another wr and not lose anything.  Plus at some point ruckert may also play and he’s another weapon, hopefully.  It wouldn’t hurt to put more size out there for ZW and i think the TEs are going to become more integral to the passing game. 

He was hyped last year big time.  We had nothing else.  I agree with you he's at best the 4th passing target on a team that wants to run the ball.  He's not a key piece on this team right now.  He could be if he works hard and develops but right now he's not a key piece.  

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's usage should be down.  We have lots of weapons and he's at best the 3rd WR and I'd rather pass the ball to Hall than to Moore putting him at best as the No. 4 target if you want to completely discount the TE. 

If he wants out shut up and quietly ask to get out.  He's got to prove he's a lot better if he's going to get major targets in a run first O with at least 4 better weapons in the passing game.   It's an extremely dumb comment it makes him less valuable and less wanted around the league.  

They're not limiting his usage because he sucks and isn't a good option, they're limiting his usage because they don't want Zach throwing so much and/or because the running game has been doing so well.

I expect the passing game to open up, and with that, Moore's targets. Currently, Elijah Moore is one of our young weapons that they're trying to build around, along with Garrett Wilson, Hall and MC. I think you're underselling his position here.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

They're not limiting his usage because he sucks and isn't a good option, they're limiting his usage because they don't want Zach throwing so much and/or because the running game has been doing so well.

I expect the passing game to open up, and with that, Moore's targets. Currently, Elijah Moore is one of our young weapons that they're trying to build around, along with Garrett Wilson, Hall and MC. I think you're underselling his position here.

The Shanahan system is not a pass happy Offense.  Never intended to be and I don't think that's going to happen.  If you look at their O the passing yards go to two WR and the TE.   There full back gets more passes than their No. 3 WR.    I think Hall and Conklin and possibly Carter will get more passes than the No. 3 WR on the Jets.  

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Shanahan system is not a pass happy Offense.  Never intended to be and I don't think that's going to happen.  If you look at their O the passing yards go to two WR and the TE.   There full back gets more passes than their No. 3 WR.    I think Hall and Conklin and possibly Carter will get more passes than the No. 3 WR on the Jets.

I mean, if that's the case, then that's a terrible waste of Elijah Moore's potential, and I'd be upset, too, if I were him.

It's also silly to me to think that they'd have 3 legitimate threats at WR and be like, "well, the system only calls for two, so who needs any more than that." You find a way to get your talented players the ball.

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, if that's the case, then that's a terrible waste of Elijah Moore's potential, and I'd be upset, too, if I were him.

It's also silly to me to think that they'd have 3 legitimate threats at WR and be like, "well, the system only calls for two, so who needs any more than that." You find a way to get your talented players the ball.

It's a run heavy system and unlike last year we have a lot more talent on the offensive side of the ball.  I really can't complain that Wilson and Davis are better and I'd rather have Breece Hall running the ball or getting a pass than Moore. 

The Jets are just out side the top 10 in scoring and they haven't really reached their potential yet.  Moore will get looks but he's not going to be the go to guy in this O.  

I think Moore is seeing fewer targets because Davis is a savage blocker.  Teams are afraid to put a corner up on Davis.  He is real handful.  It really pops on tape.  Moore is good at many things.  Blocking is not one of them.  It is the same reason the Jets give snaps to Jeff Smith.  Another savage blocker and one who is good at the end around.  The wide zone scheme requires wideouts to block.  When they are good at it, it makes for big plays downfield.  I think we went to the big guy because he was blowing guys off the ball and we knew he had them set up.  Davis can play.

I think Moore will get plenty of chances.  I also believe that the Packers shut down our passing game.  Jaire Alexander did not give up anything.   He took away Garrett Wilson.   

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's a run heavy system and unlike last year we have a lot more talent on the offensive side of the ball.  I really can't complain that Wilson and Davis are better and I'd rather have Breece Hall running the ball or getting a pass than Moore. 

The Jets are just out side the top 10 in scoring and they haven't really reached their potential yet.  Moore will get looks but he's not going to be the go to guy in this O.  

When they drafted moore they couldn’t have contemplated that they’d get a better version of him the following year.  Plus i think it speaks volumes that they actually put berrios and Jeff smith out there too.  

• Upvote 1

Is there a more insufferable guy than Cimini? Guy creates his own story...

Posts the Elijah stats on Twitter to wind the player up and.... The next day:

Rich Cimini

ESPN Staff Writer

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are on their best roll in years, but they have a frustrated wide receiver in Elijah Moore.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34818540/jets-robert-saleh-talks-elijah-moore-wr-tweet

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe he can do some journalisming about the phantom unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that gave the Packers a first down when they were lined up to punt. No replay, no explanation, nothing.

Human memory has finite capacity for storage and recall and as such must prioritise which information to retain and how prominently. Those events deemed to be more impactful are more likely to so prioritised. This is why everyone remembers the red lights they hit when they are running late but none of the green ones.

”I was late because I hit every red light!”

No, you were late because you left your house too late.

A young WR who wants the ball more and posts on social media in 2022.
Shocked, I am.  Truly shocked.
Not targeting him is a failure by our offense. 
While after we win isn't the time, and social media isn't the place, to address it....it is something we need to improve on.
And we will need Moore to be good to take any next step as a franchise.  
P.S. It's sad watching so many hypocrites who thought Moore was a future all-pro outright lie and call him "lazy" or claim he's not running good routes.  Total BS, but keep on being the same old same old Jets fans.  I guess it's easier to throw Moore under the bus than admit Zach has had trouble seeing him when he's been open...
Ok ... So to recap .. Moore is a self centered millennial social media bitch that believes he has arrived without producing dick ...using Twitter to voice his ultra important grievances because no one will listen or understand his feelings at One Jets Drive. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Sounds like a dark chapter for the Story wall ... Break out the blue crayons

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

What you have stated are the signs of a team that finally has football management and is improving talent.

No argument against Moore and he seems to be a quality receiver and good locker room guy - but if you have added players that are either more talented or a better fit for the offense you are running, that is how winning organizations are built and sustain.

This is tough for Jets fans I know as we are not used to this but let's say this was happening in NE and Moore was eventually moved for talent that was more needed at this point than receiver, everyone would say Belechick is playing Chess while others are playing checkers.

Maybe we need to get used to having a front office that is talented, smart and does not sit on their ass.