Zach is 3-0 ...

Dunnie

The running game, defense and STs have carried the heavy load on back-to-back touchdown-less performances by Wilson. He still playing with rookie-like instincts but without the turnovers, so there still hope for the kid.

Who led the Game winning drive against the Steelers in Pittsburgh?

*The kid deserves credit, come on now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Who led the Game winning drive against the Steelers in Pittsburgh?

*The kid deserves credit, come on now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

maybe he wouldnt have had to do that game winning drive if he didnt throw for 25% comp in the first 3 qts.

ok i give him credit for that 4th but come on now, he been a passenger on this train like Mark Sanchez. 

he is like the 5th best player right now and thats sad for your QB . AVT, Hall, Sause, DJ, QW, even Mosley have all been better.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, August said:

I give him credit for that 4th quarter against the Steelers. Besides that he still looks like a rookie; just with less turnovers. This isn’t sustainable but I’m happy we’re winning. 

Every single time the game flow has required a pass heavy attack he’s delivered. He’s playing like Ryan Tannehill, not a rookie 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

That is all. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Well Said.  I think we’re all in agreement that Zach had a tough day today.  Although you have to tip your cap to the Packers pass defense as well but regardless he struggled today.  However we relied on him to win against the Steelers and he rose to the occasion.  Last week he didn’t put up flashy stats but he managed the game very well and didn’t make mistakes besides the one sack.  Most importantly like you said we are 3-0 since he came back from injury. I’ll take that every day of the week twice on Sunday 

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why not?  He's in his second year.  He's not turning the ball over.  He's managing the games well.  When we needed him to bring us back in the 4th quarter he was cool in crunch time and calmly brought the team to victory with absolute elite QB play.  

Rodgers is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.  He was dogsh*t yesterday at home.  He padded his stats because of some iffy penalties but overall he was putrid.  

he had one 4th qt ( Pitts). yesterday he didnt pass once in the 4th. last week 3 times and one was all Hall YAC yards. how is he leading us by handing it to Hall?

we seen flashes from guys like Sam Darnold, but we have a better roster and we are winning so people are blind to it.

we seen Mark Sanchez game manager a stacked roster but he could never be a FQB.

and the similarities to Sanchez are scary. they both have bad comp % and dont throw TDs. but we were winning so we let it go. hey we just went to our 2nd AFCCG so no worries, Sanchez will get better.. then start blaming the roster isnt stacked for our losing but it really was our QB sucked.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why not?  He's in his second year.  He's not turning the ball over.  He's managing the games well.  When we needed him to bring us back in the 4th quarter he was cool in crunch time and calmly brought the team to victory with absolute elite QB play.  

Rodgers is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.  He was dogsh*t yesterday at home.  He padded his stats because of some iffy penalties but overall he was putrid.  

Ok, first off, Why not? Are you serious? For 3 qrts Zach was a liability  and we shoukd just ignore that?  I am over the moon right now about the Jets. Lambeau  is a really difficult place to win and I don't  believe the Packers are a bad team, I just think the Jets are better but the play we have gotten from Zach is not going to cut it. The difference is we have kept the score close for 3 qrts while he is trying to find himself. There is going to be a game where a team is going to put the clamps on our RBs and will beat our D for a fee early TDs. Zach better not take 3 qrts to warm up in that game. 

As far as Rogers, he isn't  bad, but our D made him look every bit of 38 that he is. 

• Upvote 4

He's not being asked to carry the team, the running game is working; special teams and defense are both beautiful.

It won't work that way versus all NFL teams but the rookies are getting experience, the team is getting the taste of winning and Zach is not creating turnovers. Beautiful.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well Said.  I think we’re all in agreement that Zach had a tough day today.  Although you have to tip your cap to the Packers pass defense as well but regardless he struggled today.  However we relied on him to win against the Steelers and he rose to the occasion.  Last week he didn’t put up flashy stats but he managed the game very well and didn’t make mistakes besides the one sack.  Most importantly like you said we are 3-0 since he came back from injury. I’ll take that every day of the week twice on Sunday 

Two completions for 53 yards that set up the go ahead TD in the third quarter of a tie game.   After a first down completion to Davis he made a great play action fake, calmly rolled out to the right, set his feet and hit Davis for a very big play in a tie game on the road.  

I'm not in agreement that Zach had a tough day.  We had very conservative play calling in the first half of a game where both teams were feeling each other out and the D was dominating on both sides of the ball.   In the third quarter Zach made two critical passes that completely fliped field position and put Green Bay's D on their heels for the rest of the game.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Biggs said:

Two completions for 53 yards that set up the go ahead TD in the third quarter of a tie game.   After a first down copletion to Davis he made a great play action fake, calmly rolled out to the right, set his feet and hit Davis for a very big play in a tie game on the road.  

I'm not in agreement that Zach had a tough day.  We had very conservative play calling in the first half of a game where both teams were feeling each other out and the D was dominating on both sides of the ball.   In the thrid quarter Zach made two critical passes that completely fliped field position and put Green Bay's D on their heels for the rest of the game.  

That’s Fair.  LeFleur seemed very erratic in the first half. These is no question Zach make plays in the second half but if I’m being fair I will say that he looked uncomfortable in the first half.  It happens to every QB.  I mean we made Rodgers look lost too 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, first off, Why not? Are you serious? For 3 qrts Zach was a liability  and we shoukd just ignore that?  I am over the moon right now about the Jets. Lambeau  is a really difficult place to win and I don't  believe the Packers are a bad team, I just think the Jets are better but the play we have gotten from Zach is not going to cut it. The difference is we have kept the score close for 3 qrts while he is trying to find himself. There is going to be a game where a team is going to put the clamps on our RBs and will beat our D for a fee early TDs. Zach better not take 3 qrts to warm up in that game. 

As far as Rogers, he isn't  bad, but our D made him look every bit of 38 that he is. 

This is just wrong.  

Yes, he wasn't good the first half yesterday....but was more than fine in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  Not a liability at all.

And the previous wins - he was NEVER a liability.  He had some up and down moments (like every other QB in the NFL)

Sometime I really do wonder if some people (not saying you) actually watch NFL games.   quite often games start slow - points are harder to come by early.  Heck, Josh Allen had put up 3 points with 3 minutes left in the half yesterday.  

Zach surely struggled in the first half yesterday - but let's not try and back track that to the first two games as well, cause it's just not true.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson is NOTHING like Mark Sanchez.  Completely different players.

Zach is a far superior talent that has shown the ability to carry the team.  

You don't have to like Zach, that's fine.  You can try and explain away anything positive he does, that's fine.

But he is nothing like Mark Sanchez - just because they were both Jets doesn't make them similar players.  They're nothing alike.

Look I have zero problem with fans who say “I’m not sure if Zach is the guy or not”.  That’s perfectly reasonable and hey I’m not even sure yet.  However it seems like a group of people don’t want to acknowledge anything positive with him and just think he is a liability being dragged along.  It reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2 for those who have seen that movie 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

maybe he wouldnt have had to do that game winning drive if he didnt throw for 25% comp in the first 3 qts.

ok i give him credit for that 4th but come on now, he been a passenger on this train like Mark Sanchez. 

he is like the 5th best player right now and thats sad for your QB . AVT, Hall, Sause, DJ, QW, even Mosley have all been better.

and with Sanchez, the jets went to the AFC Championship game twice!!  Zach is much better than Sanchez, so maybe....Sup.....meh.  Not going there yet, but you get the point.

3 and 0 bay bay!!

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

and the similarities to Sanchez are scary. they both have bad comp % and dont throw TDs. but we were winning so we let it go. hey we just went to our 2nd AFCCG so no worries, Sanchez will get better.. then start blaming the roster isnt stacked for our losing but it really was our QB sucked.

Sanchez never saw the pressure that Zach has seen. Nothing even close. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is just wrong.  

Yes, he wasn't good the first half yesterday....but was more than fine in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  Not a liability at all.

And the previous wins - he was NEVER a liability.  He had some up and down moments (like every other QB in the NFL)

Sometime I really do wonder if some people (not saying you) actually watch NFL games.   quite often games start slow - points are harder to come by early.  Heck, Josh Allen had put up 3 points with 3 minutes left in the half yesterday.  

Zach surely struggled in the first half yesterday - but let's not try and back track that to the first two games as well, cause it's just not true.

Look, if you want to ignore the warts, fine. Last week I was very high on Zach but he brought me back to earth yesterday.  The guy made 3 passes that mattered the whole game. I am starting to see a lot of Sanchez and Mayfield in him. Sanchez just didn't  make the killer mistake and Mayfield had such a good run game, he barely  threw the ball. Here is the kicker about yesterday. Zach played stupid football yesterday.  He held the ball for what seemed like an eternity yesterday.  At a certain point you either throw it or run. He did niether.  Zack was also throwing behind his receivers. On the pass to Moore in the second half, he is lucky that wasn't  picked and if that was, that was going to the house unless Moore runs the guy down. It is ok if he doesn't  put up gawdy numbers but he needs to play smart. Yes, he was a liability. Breaking the pocket and running straight into a defender who is being blocked by an OL is stupid. Holding the ball as long as he was is stupid. He needs to be better than this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, if you want to ignore the warts, fine. Last week I was very high on Zach but he brought me back to earth yesterday.  The guy made 3 passes that mattered the whole game. I am starting to see a lot of Sanchez and Mayfield in him. Sanchez just didn't  make the killer mistake and Mayfield had such a good run game, he barely  threw the ball. Here is the kicker about yesterday. Zach played stupid football yesterday.  He held the ball for what seemed like an eternity yesterday.  At a certain point you either throw it or run. He did niether.  Zack was also throwing behind his receivers. On the pass to Moore in the second half, he is lucky that wasn't  picked and if that was, that was going to the house unless Moore runs the guy down. It is ok if he doesn't  put up gawdy numbers but he needs to play smart. Yes, he was a liability. Breaking the pocket and running straight into a defender who is being blocked by an OL is stupid. Holding the ball as long as he was is stupid. He needs to be better than this. 

Yes he had a rough game today …it happens.  Like you said the previous two game he did a lot of good things that contributed to wins.  Today the defense and running game picked him up.  That’s not a bad thing it’s a good thing to have a team that can win in different ways.  I think we’re all in agreement that he isn’t a finished product Andy there will be bumps in the road  just gotta be a tiny bit patient 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Two completions for 53 yards that set up the go ahead TD in the third quarter of a tie game.   After a first down completion to Davis he made a great play action fake, calmly rolled out to the right, set his feet and hit Davis for a very big play in a tie game on the road.  

I'm not in agreement that Zach had a tough day.  We had very conservative play calling in the first half of a game where both teams were feeling each other out and the D was dominating on both sides of the ball.   In the third quarter Zach made two critical passes that completely fliped field position and put Green Bay's D on their heels for the rest of the game.  

Yep, both times GB answered, Zach came out and made big plays, completed his passes and helped them get more points on the board by getting us half way there and the running game doing the rest w/ sexy Braxton the end around, again, team sport.

• Upvote 4