Zach is 3-0 ...

Dunnie

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he wasn't even doing that for the entire 1st half plus the first drive of the 3rd quarter.  

Whatever he needs to do to be productive with a loaded offense he needs to start figuring it out because waiting until late in the 3rd quarter/4th quarter to start making plays is not going to be sustainable.

He needs to play better consistently... but you need to let it happen. 

Run game has bailed him out and I'm all for spamming the run game until someone figures out how to stop it. When they do Zach needs to do his job and play well enough for us to win. Right now hard to judge while watching the Breece breakout. He needs to stop missing easy touch throws that s*** is annoying.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  see the point.  Rogers is a future HOF QB. Everyone gets sacked. I don't  think I was critical  of Zach getting sacked, I was critical of him running straight into one himself. Did Rogers do that?

So now you’re focusing on one play vs a half? The defender obscured himself, it was a strange play. sh*t happens.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I have zero patience for that.  It's the year 2 leap season and we're already headed into Week 7.  The rest of this roster has the look of a team capable of making an unexpected deep playoff run like the 2009 Jets team.  Zach Wilson needs to get on board, not be a Mark Sanchez.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Run game has bailed him out and I'm all for spamming the run game until someone figures out how to stop it. When they do Zach needs to do his job and play well enough for us to win. Right now hard to judge while watching the Breece breakout. He needs to stop missing easy touch throws that s*** is annoying.

Fair Post 

I don’t know if I would call this “Zack is 3-0”. More like jets are 3-0 since Zack came back. 

it’s not like he’s the one who can be credited with the wins. He has done what he has needed to… while letting the defense and running game take center stage .

I will say dunno if Flacco or anyone else on the team make that roll out pass to CD. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Fine.  Guess you’re just trolling at this point.  My bad.  Regardless, you’re obviously incapable of properly discussing these types of things.  Keep accusing others of having agendas.

I don’t know what kind of QB play you want but I know it’s not for me.  This tolerance and fake praise for less than mediocrity is pathetic.

As a die hard Jets fan, I want the best for my team and want them playing the best they possibly can.  Clearly you don’t if you’re ok with what I posted.  That’s a shame.

06B4EDB8-3203-4F7C-8445-0C51A2AB02E3.jpeg.d7a92371fde7280dd5db52f283118fff.jpeg

You're pointing to inaccurate throws that aren't all that inaccurate.  Not sure what you're talking about really.  Could they be better? sure - I would like to see more precision.  But you're talking about looking for perfection.   There was one throw that was bad..the others hit the WR in the hands, both hands - in really tight coverage. 

did those balls not hit the receiver in BOTH hands?

Honestly, how you come away from that blaming the QB and saying he was inaccurate all day - just a strange take.

Do the same video with Aaron Rodgers? Do the same video with just about any QB on any game.  These guys aren't perfect.  Not every throw goes EXACTLY where they want it to go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Everyone knew Wilson was a project.  It was his biggest criticism in the draft.

What’s wrong with his current progress?

People complain just to complain. 

Misremembering at best, revisionist history at worst. You can go back and look it up. We had people all over the boards telling us he was better than the generational Trevor Lawrence, and that he was the most polished and pro-ready QB in the draft. That's why he went #2 overall. #2 overalls aren't projects. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I like to say Zach is undefeated in jest. I've always said that W/L is a team stat and I hate that it is always applied to QB's. That said, Wilson definitely puts pressure on defenses in different ways than Flacco can. This week wasn't a good performance but he didn't make big mistakes, and did make a couple of big plays when needed. Contributing to wins in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet doesn't mean you're not contributing.

We need him to improve but nice to be winning games while he's trying to put it together.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Misremembering at best, revisionist history at worst. You can go back and look it up. We had people all over the boards telling us he was better than the generational Trevor Lawrence, and that he was the most polished and pro-ready QB in the draft. That's why he went #2 overall. #2 overalls aren't projects. 

Whatever.  
It was well known he was considered a small school project that faced weak competition. 
90% of this board wanted him to sit last year for those exact reasons. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like to say Zach is undefeated in jest. I've always said that W/L is a team stat and I hate that it is always applied to QB's. That said, Wilson definitely puts pressure on defenses in different ways than Flacco can. This week wasn't a good performance but he didn't make big mistakes, and did make a couple of big plays when needed. Contributing to wins in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet doesn't mean you're not contributing.

We need him to improve but nice to be winning games while he's trying to put it together.

Exactly.  Nobody is saying we’re 3-0 because of Zach alone it’s a team effort.  Yesterday the defense and running backs led the way.  The Steeler game Zach was a major part of the win.  The Miami game wasn’t flashy but he managed the game very well and we won.  

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Has anyone seen Zach's 2nd half and 4th quarter numbers this year?  Pretty ridiculous. 

2nd Half - 22/34 64%, 308 yards, 1/1, 16 first downs

4th - 13/15 - 86%, 173, 1/0, 9 first downs

A lot of this is play calling. Lafleur seems so determined to protect Zach he calls these plays that I guess are supposed to be easier because they are single read but they are also structured where there is no real outlet. That needs to change. Yesterday when they spread the receivers out and used RPO play action things opened up

26 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He completed the pass, he said in post game that he threw it there to guarantee the catch. Yes, If you throw a perfect dime over the top it’s a TD but that also brings in the very real possibility of the ball being 5 inches overthrown and it being incomplete

It worked this time but asking your receivers to stop their routes and come back for the ball is not a best practice

19 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Does not mean I can’t want better and point out shortcomings.

sure we can all want better but 2 hours after the biggest win of the franchise in years and you are complaining about the QB/offense.

why not wait till we lose a game where zach plays poorly.  

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Not even going there. All you will do is accuse me of being upset, stubborn,  and making angry statements  like you always do when we disagree  so I don't  see the point. 

Stop already.  You sound like the angry because people disagree with your takes

Take a step back enjoy the games instead of complaining

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're pointing to inaccurate throws that aren't all that inaccurate.  Not sure what you're talking about really.  Could they be better? sure - I would like to see more precision.  But you're talking about looking for perfection.   There was one throw that was bad..the others hit the WR in the hands, both hands - in really tight coverage. 

did those balls not hit the receiver in BOTH hands?

Honestly, how you come away from that blaming the QB and saying he was inaccurate all day - just a strange take.

Do the same video with Aaron Rodgers? Do the same video with just about any QB on any game.  These guys aren't perfect.  Not every throw goes EXACTLY where they want it to go.

Drops 2 & 3 are on the opposite side of the player than where they should be.  Those are inaccurate throws.  That is the determining factor as to why they were not caught. That’s it.

There is specific timing and location for out/comeback routes to the sideline.  QBs hit them every game.  It’s not rocket science that only Peyton Manning can do.

I don’t care what Rodgers did.  He had an injured thumb, was under pressure every snap and had no WRs.  He was off target a lot but still had 2-3 perfect throws.  He also threw more than twice the amount Zach did.  The good and bad from Rodgers is not comparable.

Zach has a history of these off target throws.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: he continues to make inaccurate throws like the 2 GW “drops” and you will continue to see them “dropped”.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I know you werent responding to me but pointing out Wilson played poorly in a game where they lost is just like "yeah, duh".. there wouldnt be much to say

I don't really understand the issue people have with others saying Wilson played bad despite the Jets win.  Wilson was bad yesterday.

Tom Brady has the most wins all time, there were many of those 246 wins in which he played bad as well. Winning games in which you play badly is almost a requirement for a long career.

--

What makes no sense to me is the obligation some people seem to have to spin his performance as a good one, just because the team won the game. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Rodgers threw at least 5 terrible balls yesterday. Some of you expect him to be completely perfect. 

LaFleur is too cute on 3rd and short to the point teams expect it.

Also please remember that the defenses were playing the same offense they see every single day run by brothers FFS. 

Also, GB was weak coming in against multiple crossers and we ran a bunch of plays to exploit that, and GB made changes where they were all over it. Zach had no place to throw to.

In a similar vein the Jets have been weak on passes to the edge but the Jets fixed that.

Also it was cold and wet the type where the grass looks fine but is really slick and they were playing in a 15mpjh cross wind. GB scored 10 points FFS

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

sure we can all want better but 2 hours after the biggest win of the franchise in years and you are complaining about the QB/offense.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Stop already.  You sound like the angry because people disagree with your takes

Take a step back enjoy the games instead of complaining

What is the point of this forum if not to discuss this team and it’s strengths/weaknesses.  There are fans like me who are not here to circle jerk with you people about how good our unproven talent is or wtf is Pepsi whatever rookie of the week.

I do not need to post about being happy to be happy.  I am happy.  Some are here to discuss what needs to be done and our chances moving forward.

Naturally, in order to improve, you need to fix what’s wrong/lagging.  Some would rather engage in discourse with fellow fans about what this team can/should do so that they can maintain success than clog threads with “BOY IM SO HAPPY WE WON”

Being critical is not being negative.  It’s wanting to correct what needs to be corrected.  Winning is all that matters to some people (me), not individual performances.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

I know you werent responding to me but pointing out Wilson played poorly in a game where they lost is just like "yeah, duh".. there wouldnt be much to say

I don't really understand the issue people have with others saying Wilson played bad despite the Jets win.  Wilson was bad yesterday.

Tom Brady has the most wins all time, there were many of those 246 wins in which he played bad as well. Winning games in which you play badly is almost a requirement for a long career.

--

What makes no sense to me is the obligation some people seem to have to spin his performance as a good one, just because the team won the game. 

very few are spinning his performance as good (this week).  I have said he's got this year, if he doesn't do well we bring in competition.  It's great we are winning with so-so performance.  Imagine when he (or next year's starter) kicks it into high gear, definitely in the playoff mix.

but anyway, this is the best i have felt after a jets game in years and so i for one will enjoy the win.   And chalk up the so so performance of ZW to youth, playing in the rain and playing against a top notch passing defense.

• Upvote 1