Crazy Corey Davis Stat

The guy has become clutch this year.  Awesome to see.  Maybe he was trying too hard last year, coupled with a rookie QB he was getting to know.

I love this year's chemistry with Wilson, who is still looking to build the same with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore.  

The two WRs I actually have the most confidence in on the field are Davis and Berrios.   Simply because they are clicking with Zach.  Can't wait for the all 4 WRs to click with the QB and the system.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The guy has become clutch this year.  Awesome to see.  Maybe he was trying too hard last year, coupled with a rookie QB he was getting to know.

I love this year's chemistry with Wilson, who is still looking to build the same with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore.  

The two WRs I actually have the most confidence in on the field are Davis and Berrios.   Simply because they are clicking with Zach.  Can't wait for the all 4 WRs to click with the QB and the system.

It's amazing what happens when a team adds talent into the room and you have to put in the work to stay on the field!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

and he would have had another TD yesterday if the pass was thrown 10 yards further.

Zach actually spoke about this throw. He actually made the decision to under throw it and give Davis a chance instead of risking the overthrow. I think given the situation and timing, it was a great call. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Alentador31 said:

Zach actually spoke about this throw. He actually made the decision to under throw it and give Davis a chance instead of risking the overthrow. I think given the situation and timing, it was a great call. 

meh, You’re an NFL QB playing with the lead with a chance to score 7 & stick a dagger in the opponent… Do What the Team Drafted You To Do… Take the Shot, Score the TD, Be The Hero.

After watching the game again, I saw an interesting play that shows just how valuable Corey Davis can be.  Not sure at what time in the game the play occurred, but Zack tried to hit Garrett Wilson on the sideline on a 3rd down play.  The ball was thrown behind him and Jaire Alexander almost picked it off. As they went out of bounds, Jaire roughed Garrett up a bit.  As Corey Davis was walking off the field, he "accidently" bumped Jaire to show that we were not going to take any of his nonsense.  Very subtle move but I loved seeing it.  Great team spirit with this group!

9 hours ago, jetsons said:

meh, You’re an NFL QB playing with the lead with a chance to score 7 & stick a dagger in the opponent… Do What the Team Drafted You To Do… Take the Shot, Score the TD, Be The Hero.

It was 3-3 at that point and still a dog fight….

• Upvote 1

Corey Davis has become the glue among Jets receivers. 

He's not playing this year with that tag of #1 WR.  Jets have other capable receivers.  TEs and Stud RBs too.  They all are capable of making plays.  It's not all on him.  But what's actually happening this year is...Davis has been Jets #1 wideout.  The receiver Jets go to when the passing game is struggling. 

So...just don't tell him he's Numero Uno.  Don't tag him with that label, and he'll be fine.  Let him think all he needs to do is be that reliable contributing veteran...that can make key plays when needed.  But...until the younger pups gain experience and confidence...Davis is most likely LaFleur's and ZW's go to guy in key moments of a game.